Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it, you really did some nice weathering there.

Damn! Very cool looking

Thank you guys !! I am very proud of this one. It's still a WIP, but I like where I am going with it. I'll show pictures when I add/change things.

Great job! Love the yarn idea for the hair. Never would've considered that...

Thanks ! I took the yarn idea from some doll/figure custom videos on youtube. I think it gives a more realistic look than sculpting or the fake hair some head come with.

Here is my work in progress, I made the shorts, tank top and socks with clothes that I had laying around. The hardest part for me was getting the correct measurements for the shorts. Looking for fabric was also a mission. I learned that Nylon & Spanex is the best fabric for figures since it stretches quite a lot.
I am practicing my sewing skills both by hand and by machine.
Let me know what you guys think.

6R1EWtJ.jpg

Just bought a bunch of bits and pieces to put a lara custom together. Need to do some modifications to what I could get hold of, and I'm going to try and build the holster/belt/quiver/myself. Should be a fun project.

Was aiming for a "Rise" figure, but might be a more general take on new trilogy lara depending on how well the customising goes.

Will post here when I've progressed.

I want to use a seamless body, and the trickiest bit is to match to the swtoys lara 2.0 head I'm using......that is undersized and looked too small on the bodies I have, so I've ordered the tbleague s25b as it appears to be mid size between the body I used for last of us Ellie and the standard female body. I'm really hoping that it's a match!

Keep up the good work folks!

Hi! This is my Lara Croft 2013 custom. I used the pants from the first Tomb Raider SW Our World figure.
The necklace, the boots and the head are from the second SW OW figure. I redid the hair with yarn.
Made the tops myself and i used accessories from various figures.
View attachment 458630
View attachment 458631
View attachment 458632

By far the best custom 2013 Lara imo. The hair is amazing. Did you add eyeliner to the head sculpt? Those eyes look sooo much better and larger than the original.

Would love to see a full body shot.

By far the best custom 2013 Lara imo. The hair is amazing. Did you add eyeliner to the head sculpt? Those eyes look sooo much better and larger than the original.

Would love to see a full body shot.

Thank you very much! This is by far my favourite figure and I am still working on it every now and then.
I did some work on the face, including lining the eyes with a darker brown to match the makeup in the game. You have a good eye for details :)
I'll take some pics soon and include a full body shot. Thanks again :)

Would love to know which figures both outfits are originally from.

2nd pic: Is this the original hair piece tied into a ponytail, or a separate piece?

First one is from the old flirty girl kit and the second is from the old phicen tomb raider underworld figure. The ponytail sculpt is a separate hair piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one is from the old flirty girl kit and the second is from the old phicen tomb raider underworld figure. The ponytail sculpt is a separate hair piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying. What figure is the ponytail sculpt from?

Just about finished my Lara Croft. This is inspired by the "desert tanktop" outfit from Rise (also playable in Shadow). My fave game Lara look.

So, I made all of the leather accessories from scratch, as well as the necklace. Stripped down and repainted the axes, adding leather straps and hooks to attach to the belt.

Dyed the vest and the trousers to get closer to the outfit colour. Heavily taped up the TBLeague body to match Lara's in game shape and proportions. Then repainted the headsculpt to match to the tone of the body more closely.

Belt is a placeholder until a new buckle arrives and I just can't get hold of her radio/phone. The one I had bought unfortunately got lost in delivery during the onset of covid19!

Just about finished my Lara Croft. This is inspired by the "desert tanktop" outfit from Rise (also playable in Shadow). My fave game Lara look.

So, I made all of the leather accessories from scratch, as well as the necklace. Stripped down and repainted the axes, adding leather straps and hooks to attach to the belt.

Dyed the vest and the trousers to get closer to the outfit colour. Heavily taped up the TBLeague body to match Lara's in game shape and proportions. Then repainted the headsculpt to match to the tone of the body more closely.

Belt is a placeholder until a new buckle arrives and I just can't get hold of her radio/phone. The one I had bought unfortunately got lost in delivery during the onset of covid19!

How were you able to get Lara?s pants on all the way?

I bought the Alicia Vikander TR movie looking set with the Phicen body but ripped the pants trying to get them on since it is such a tight fit.

I gave up after several attempts so her pants are slightly sagging, moreso in the back. I tried to pull her tank top down to conceal. You can not really tell from a distance but it bothers me just knowing I never properly fitted her clothing. [emoji38]

Hey there. The pants are not from that set. I needed tan colour.
The only Vikander figure parts used are the axes and the boots.

If you ever have trouble getting outfits over TBLeague bodies (it is tricky!), the method to use is to get clear polythene tape (there is no adhesive on it....its like cling film) and wrap it around any part of the figure that will be covered by clothing......the only bits not covered by polythene tape on my figure above is the skin you can see. Clothes just slip on then.

Hey there. The pants are not from that set. I needed tan colour.
The only Vikander figure parts used are the axes and the boots.

If you ever have trouble getting outfits over TBLeague bodies (it is tricky!), the method to use is to get clear polythene tape (there is no adhesive on it....its like cling film) and wrap it around any part of the figure that will be covered by clothing......the only bits not covered by polythene tape on my figure above is the skin you can see. Clothes just slip on then.

Would Saran Wrap accomplish the same thing or does it not cling well enough?

Thanks for the tip.

I used Phicens recently with Ellie from Last of Us (which wasn?t too difficult) but as I mentioned the Vikander Lara was a complete fail.

I guess using this tape would also be good to prevent staining the body. I have a Hot Toys Wonder Woman but have been reluctant to put on her black robe because I heard it stains the figure.

Any thin polythene "cling film" works, makes it so much easier.

And yes, I have that wonder woman and that worked well.

Also, if you want to reduce bust size on phicen's (which are frankly ludicrous), like I have on this lara, you can wrap it very tightly which squashes everything down but does not cause any damage to the body. If you want, you can remove it later.

There's some really awesome customs in here! In fact, it got me motivated to finally start working on mine.

I'm not a fan of the SWToys radio, so I figured I should just model one for 3D printing. I own the real radio the game version was modeled after, so I have all the reference I could ever need!

Anyway, I just wrapped it up and made the final tweaks to allow it to be printed so small (and hopefully not be too fragile).

Final Radio Render.JPG

I can't wait to see what it actually looks like printed! :yess:

Back