Show your Bill "The Butcher's"! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TTM21 here, would be much appreciated Robbie!

I have no clue how it's supposed to work, but apparently Entropy is also willing to make the chestpiece/neck for Bill the Butcher too. Just not sure how the head is supposed to work with that as well.

Ok fellas,here is what I came up with that requires no cutting or drilling.
Im a big fan of magnets. I use them all the time in my scenic models and I, like many, have used them to attach heads to bodies.
You will need two sizes of rare earth magnets(silver not black).
The bigger of the two I got from Ace Hardware. (12mm disk)
The smaller from Harbor Frieght.(8mm disk)

First pull out the post of the neck. I used pliers with a little bit of hairdryer.
IMG_20130519_115545_027.jpg

Glue in a stack of the smaller magnets. I put a drop of thick super glue in then add a magnet repeating the process till I get to the top. Technically you only really need to glue one magnet to the neck, but gluing them all keeps them from pulling out when you remove the head. I use super thick cyanoacrylate glue for everything I do but you can use epoxy or what ever.
IMG_20130519_115552_940.jpg

IMG_20130519_120406_467.jpg

Use the bigger magnet and glue it to the inside of the head. The big one is wide enough to not go into the drilled hole. Smaller ones can be used but you will either need to fill the hole or stack enough so that it can get close enough to the next magnets to hold.
IMG_20130519_115532_900.jpg

And that's it. I don't know if this makes the head sit at the correct height. Height adjustment may require more modding. I think cutting down the neck may be required if you find it sits too high. Only thing I made permanent on this was gluing the big magnet in because I'm not going to use this body for mine.
Hope this helped.
IMG_20130519_115633_187.jpg

Wow Robbie, you're a fuggin genius!! Can I move and be your apprentice? :D

I may just do this magnet technique for every figure!

May the Christian lord guid my hand against ur roman popery ....

aquvu4up.jpg
yby5ybat.jpg

u5y4y6e4.jpg
e6ude7ad.jpg
aravamer.jpg

Cheers Mao it truly is great .

Let's get some butcher back in our life's

Come on guys break out them butchers knock the dust off them and let's get some new shots up in here ..

Should we have a comp for the best shot of bill :)

Back