Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, I have those candy killer posters also, along with the Predator and the new Terminator one. Where did you get those frames? I like the thick black frame.

Yup! I have the Predator one as well and I'm waiting for another 5 to arrive but since they're coming from the UK it's a wait!
a66ff19e5a7e801a0049f7e4577916b0.jpg

I got the frames at Hobby Lobby. In the very back of the store where they do customized frames and was lucky enough to find these 18x24 ones. Except they were $62 but with the 50% they came down to $31 each. They are amazing.
I have to go back and pick up some for the rest of the posters coming in.[emoji2]

Do baby Facehuggers count for the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that sure does! I don't think I've seen that particular hugger before. Any pics of your lil' hugger's "business" side? lol or you have any other Giger related goodies? Thanks for sharing.

Yup, that sure does! I don't think I've seen that particular hugger before. Any pics of your lil' hugger's "business" side? lol or you have any other Giger related goodies? Thanks for sharing.

Sadly I don't.[emoji20] I've had these for quite a while now. They're from Neca I can tell you that and remember they were AvP but can't remember where I got them since it was a few years back. I used to have like 10 but since I moved to CO 5 years ago I've only been able to find a couple.
The other ones are in their boxes so if I ever come across them I'll post them with the packaging so that everyone can find them. They're so tiny!
Almost the size of the eggs from Weyland that BBTS has on pre order (the half a dozen eggs.)

Also this is what the Facehugger looks like on the other side.
Sorry I couldn't update earlier for I just got home from being in the hospital.
6d28fd02f1357be4162e4e740d3fb4e0.jpg

I asked my husband where we got them and he said we bought them from China and they were like $19 each. That was about 7 years ago so they could be cheaper today.

Is the SS big chap bust even worth buying I really want it but don't like what I've been hearing about it, I'd hate to have to send it back

I wouldn't buy it for the glaring sculptural inaccuracies alone.

Can you elaborate on what should I be looking for? I'm buying one next week and I'd like to make sure I buy one that shows no defects. Since it's my first purchase of a bust this size, I'll love to know more on what I am to look for in case I get something not as described.
Thanks!!![emoji120]🏻[emoji4]

Buy a second hand one that you can check over. It is a massive gamble buying that piece from SS, I had two. One was bad, the other was diabolical! I was then told they were no better examples. I love that piece and was so excited for it for the year or so I had it on P.O, but ultimately I have never been more disappointed in this hobby personally.

I also had two. First was destroyed as requested and the second returned even though I was promised it would be checked before despatch.

You're looking for scuffs to the dome, debris under the dome, gaps to the dome join or silly amounts of black filler, damaged pipes and chips/scuffs on the shoulders. Even the 'good' ones have awful teeth.

I have the big chap maquette and really like it. It wasn't too popular initially, but it's been tough to get hold of once it sold out. It has a great presence. Maybe because of how big it is and the interesting pose. I know the sano piece is much more accurate but I'd much rather have this one. That's gotta say something. (Waiting for someone to say that I have low standards, poor taste, no eye for detail). :rotfl

I have the big chap maquette and really like it. It wasn't too popular initially, but it's been tough to get hold of once it sold out. It has a great presence. Maybe because of how big it is and the interesting pose. I know the sano piece is much more accurate but I'd much rather have this one. That's gotta say something. (Waiting for someone to say that I have low standards, poor taste, no eye for detail). :rotfl

Man you got the Big Chap Maquette?!!!
Holy darn WOW!
Pictures PLEEEEEASE!!! [emoji2][emoji120]🏻

Back