Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty spot on. I have other tomy helmets and yes they are smaller than say Marmit and SS but the scout looks pretty close. Closer than any of the others scale wise. I'm going to try it and see how it turns out.

Sorry to bring it back to OT, but I've been working on a new custom Marmit. I think I'm going to fix his bicep armor and go back to Marmit and remove SS's armor, then weather him up a bit more, but when he's done I'm going to start a new display with Sandies tracking down the droids in Tatooine and C3PO hiding behind the locked door.

Here he is before and after the Future gloss. (apologies for the background....i'm remodeling our house. Just patched up a basketball hoop hole the kids made and the jalousies need to be ripped and replaced.)

EF746F28-48F4-4B1A-9D1A-698DCBE6099A-4401-000002DEBD6FB00C_zpscc0e17e4.jpg
4AE9ACDD-30EF-4A0E-A9FE-28954E802791-4401-000002DEC21792FF_zps80b69b02.jpg

2BFF9472-B9BC-49DD-BA8D-DE503E8C60D2-4401-000002DEB01CED4C_zpsd9541efb.jpg

C4D5120C-E315-466D-AF7B-1CB74B73E19A-4401-000002DEAAA6EDDB_zpse33e3577.jpg
9A7562B6-2397-4F56-9B22-104739F3E013-4401-000002DEA58C0704_zps6f50aad1.jpg

Thanks man. I've just started customizing...so it's a learning process...that's for sure. I haven't perfected weathering just yet. So thank God Sandies are pretty much just padded down with oil sponges..

Much appreciated, Irezume!! I dirtied him up a little bit more, after the Future gloss. I'm still waiting for his feet, so until then I have to dip his hands in plastic dip then paint and armor.

A87BA7E6-3524-498C-A18D-A794A4F73591-4401-00000300E669C7EE_zps6581e411.jpg
E726ED44-9412-422F-A88E-DBC093213032-4401-00000300E3E3E2C5_zpsb3a4ff33.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys anybody with the sideshow Cody notice any weird black marks on the opening of his neck area? I had it on the phase one sideshow clone and decided to change the set up and found this.

Could it be from the old black body suit the older clones had? Before they switched to the cloth style.

For anyone who owns a Medicom Stormtrooper, has his body glove shown any signs of deterioration?

Hey guys anybody with the sideshow Cody notice any weird black marks on the opening of his neck area? I had it on the phase one sideshow clone and decided to change the set up and found this.

Could it be from the old black body suit the older clones had? Before they switched to the cloth style.

Just checked my cody and he doesn't have anything like that but some of my older figures like my General kenobi has it and any head sculpts I have put on figures with the older rubber body suits get that black marking were the body suit touches the headsculpt.

The helmets that are on those old troopers with rubber body suits dont have the black marks though so its either the rubber body suit transferring something to the head sculpts or just the materials in the headsculpt reacting to the body suit.

Just checked my cody and he doesn't have anything like that but some of my older figures like my General kenobi has it and any head sculpts I have put on figures with the older rubber body suits get that black marking were the body suit touches the headsculpt.

The helmets that are on those old troopers with rubber body suits dont have the black marks though so its either the rubber body suit transferring something to the head sculpts or just the materials in the headsculpt reacting to the body suit.

Thanks for the info, good to know. Gonna make sure I don't put it back on the phase one clone again, that's for sure.

Here's a couple of shots of the Hasbro next to the Tomy and a Luke head inside.
gunevyvu.jpg
ry9e7ama.jpg
e8u2azuq.jpg
y5y7y6un.jpg
8ynyzejy.jpg
be5enaqy.jpg
e4y4ysa9.jpg
rugajy3y.jpg

Granted it doesn't have the hair on but if you shave some of the insides out or use a close hair cut head it would be perfect. The hasbro just looks way too big as far as scale goes. Anything that big would look like a bobble head to me.

That looks like it fits well. I had to seriously shave a clone head inorder to get it to fit in the tomy helmet. I do like the way it looks and proportions to the rest of the body once it is on though.

*whistles* Great work, Solo_bones! Love that evaporator. Great diorama piece, for sure. :stormtroo

Looking forward to what you have planned for Tamashii 3PO, when the time comes. :duff
Thanks, Inviticus.

This is such a great place to watch everyone create...too bad it takes so much time. :impatient:

That looks like it fits well. I had to seriously shave a clone head inorder to get it to fit in the tomy helmet. I do like the way it looks and proportions to the rest of the body once it is on though.

Was that a SS clone head you used? SS is known for having slightly oversized heads anyway so I can imagine there was quite a bit of work involved. I think I might just go with a Medi jango cast and call it a day.

Was that a SS clone head you used? SS is known for having slightly oversized heads anyway so I can imagine there was quite a bit of work involved. I think I might just go with a Medi jango cast and call it a day.

That would probably be the easiest way to go without having to sit their sanding for a week and recasting the head till it fits perfectly.

Back