Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean this one, its a custom stand by Cocoboloboy (a member here). The rest are just on leaning black shelves.

ggh-1.jpg

Sorry mate, I meant the one(s) that start on the floor and looks to be about 6 feet tall? The leaning back ones you said, yeah?

Just got my first SS Stormtrooper (and a Medi Yoda) this week. Made the chest plate modification to make it more narrow and I really like how it turned out. Also, changed the stand wire from the waist hugger to the crotch support. Should have my second Stormie on Monday from an eBay purchase.:yess:

stormie.jpg

Last edited:
Chest plate looks maybe a bit too narrow but, nice pic. These troops look even better with some Future floor wax applied to the armor and a touch up on the aerators.

Chest plate looks maybe a bit too narrow but, nice pic. These troops look even better with some Future floor wax applied to the armor and a touch up on the aerators.

Thanks Valfar. Yeah, it may be a bit too narrow, but I think I prefer it. Looking at some comparison photos online, it does seem that it should fit fairly tight to the abdomen armor.

I think SS could have arched the bottom the chest plate more too. Reference shot from internet artwork.
stormtroopers.jpg

These stormies (full size) can hold their arms directly to their side. I can't duplicate this with my SSC because of the narrow shoulder body is still too narrow for it to allow room.
Storm-swc.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my first SS Stormtrooper (and a Medi Yoda) this week. Made the chest plate modification to make it more narrow and I really how it turned out. Also, changed the stand wire from the waist hugger to the crotch support. Should have my second Stormie on Monday from an eBay purchase.:yess:

stormie.jpg

I think it looks perfect, nice job. :hi5:

Definately have to put the floor wax on them..I did all of mine and the chest mods...makes such a difference. Sideshow should call these things kits..you have to do so much.

They are, but that's because SS tried to make them similar to 1/6th reproductions of the real thing. If they did these more like the Clones I bet they'd be far nicer right out of the box.

Been doing some mods and Future treatment on the Stormies, only finished one so far, so I thought I'd take a couple iphone pics.

734d4084.jpg

Flosi, Do you mind giving me a brief run down of how you applied the floor wax and which brand you used? It looks really great on your squad.

No wonder Stormtroopers can't shoot straight. Polishing there helmets to such a high shine. :D

Been doing some mods and Future treatment on the Stormies, only finished one so far, so I thought I'd take a couple iphone pics.

734d4084.jpg

Flosi, Do you mind giving me a brief run down of how you applied the floor wax and which brand you used? It looks really great on your squad.

It's Pledge floor wax with Future. It can be found at any Wal-Mart. On mine I just took the armor off, brushed on a nice coat and let it dry. I then reassembled the figure and applied another coat. Only the one in the middle is done. The one on the left has one coat and the right is still bare.

It's Pledge floor wax with Future. It can be found at any Wal-Mart. On mine I just took the armor off, brushed on a nice coat and let it dry. I then reassembled the figure and applied another coat. Only the one in the middle is done. The one on the left has one coat and the right is still bare.

Sounds simple enough. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

i am from germany ,therefore,no walmart or pledge wax:lol

Damn they look good!

@Krieg

Why don't you use Bilo Floor wax. Its an environmentally friendly floor polisher made in Germany. (Will be easier on your troopers but test first.)

Back