Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping HT announce Sandtroopers soon - I'd love to see Sideshow aftermarket prices go down so I can pick up a Squad Leader and Desert Sands version. And later pick up a HT boxed set. ;) I for one don't care how good the HT versions are, I love the Sideshow and Marmit releases as well and want all three in my collection.

There's to many photos of those other troopers doing the rounds:)

Lookin' sweet! The armor sculpt is quite soft and a bit too thick, but I really love the Marmits. Will be interesting to see some side-by-sides with the HT stormie.

The problem is that Marmits aren't that much cheaper than the HT, and you have to assemble them, and get a new body. Wish they were plentiful and below $100. It always comes down to price for me.:gah:

I'd recognize that Marmit anywhere-- I did the same exact thing with mine, including custom-made holster. May I suggest a slight improvement? I used a Dremel to smooth the edges of the armor pieces, and to thin the insides a bit where needed. The uneven seams can be seen in your photos, especially at the bottom edges of the shoulder guards. It looks great though overall. I really enjoyed doing mine about a year ago, after owning it since 1998 in stock condition. No point in posting pics, that would be a bit redundant. So, I'll post my custom Navy Trooper instead.
before and after mod.jpg
DSCF2023.JPG

I'd recognize that Marmit anywhere-- I did the same exact thing with mine, including custom-made holster. May I suggest a slight improvement? I used a Dremel to smooth the edges of the armor pieces, and to thin the insides a bit where needed. The uneven seams can be seen in your photos, especially at the bottom edges of the shoulder guards. It looks great though overall. I really enjoyed doing mine about a year ago, after owning it since 1998 in stock condition. No point in posting pics, that would be a bit redundant. So, I'll post my custom Navy Trooper instead.
View attachment 166301
View attachment 166302

Nice custom Naval Trooper. Good stuff.

I'm gonna steal that last pose by the way. :)

Lookin' sweet! The armor sculpt is quite soft and a bit too thick, but I really love the Marmits. Will be interesting to see some side-by-sides with the HT stormie.

The problem is that Marmits aren't that much cheaper than the HT, and you have to assemble them, and get a new body. Wish they were plentiful and below $100. It always comes down to price for me.:gah:

Thanks! And yes i completely agree about the armor,but their still a little beauty 20 years on. Those new HT ones do look really sharp though,trying to stay away from that thread in case the little devil on my shoulder tells me to buy:) I'm kind of hoping that marmit owners might sell theirs cheaper when SS start shipping the HT ones

View attachment 166301
View attachment 166302

That looks fantastic! great custom! I was just thinking the same thing about smoothing down the edges on the trooper armor especially the shoulder bells. The pics really show it up more

That looks epic! Great empire collection making me wish to have a HT Grand Moff Tarkin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My custom snowtrooper with SS
View attachment 166854

You did a truly incredible job with what you had from the Hasbro figure. Love the boots and overall body proportions, and love the glove versus sleeve color contrast - looks really accurate.:clap Even with the Hasbro bits holding it back in places (eg goggles/dome) I actually like the overall look/proportions of your custom snowie more than the Sideshow figure.

Strange choice on the headsculpt though!:lol

Back