Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing..., never knew there were Monty Python figures, how long ago were they made? The G.I. Joe figures look great, thought about getting a few myself but decided against it in the end as I've got side tracked too many times, Star Wars, Doctor Who & Iron Man are my main focuses & even then it's mainly Star Wars. :)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Hey Mike, did you drill a hole all the way through or cut and glue the saber onto the armor?

If anyone has space clone chest armor let me know - it probably doesn't even matter which one. I'd like to set up my Shiny with an alternate chest drilled out to fit a CCFL saber blade.

Last edited:
The bodies are dragon and true type knock off's spliced together(chest and arms true type and abs down dragon).I just wanted more movement in the shoulders for better posing. Feet are also from a true type for full articulation. You can still just use the full dragon body and they will still look great! As nice as those new HT troopers are, you can't beat the reveal look

This dragon body?

Attachments

• $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (6).JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 306
Your custom Marmit looks every bit as good as the HT version if not better. Good job!

Custom scout trooper and bike,might upgrade with SS parts later on
View attachment 165851

Love both your troopers, and the bike. I'm just starting on my Hasbro scout and bike now. Interestingly, there's one of the Hasbro helmets that actually isn't too far behind the Tomy in terms of accuracy (and is a little larger than the Tomy by maybe 5-10%.) I'm not going to go too far on the Hasbro scout because I'm getting the SSC version. The one major issue with the bike is it's about 10% too big overall, and the horizontal struts/poles are too long. Shortening the struts/poles helps with the overall look.

One recommendation - push a small cube of soft foam into the codpiece area - these guys get a major camel otherwise!:lol

Great custom troopers Matrix. That Marmit looks great. I may track down a couple of those, can get them for under $150 and they look almost as good as the HT ones.

Nice job on the Scout trooper, I did the same exact kitbash. Good stuff. :)

Your custom Marmit looks every bit as good as the HT version if not better. Good job!

Love both your troopers, and the bike. I'm just starting on my Hasbro scout and bike now. Interestingly, there's one of the Hasbro helmets that actually isn't too far behind the Tomy in terms of accuracy (and is a little larger than the Tomy by maybe 5-10%.) I'm not going to go too far on the Hasbro scout because I'm getting the SSC version. The one major issue with the bike is it's about 10% too big overall, and the horizontal struts/poles are too long. Shortening the struts/poles helps with the overall look.

One recommendation - push a small cube of soft foam into the codpiece area - these guys get a major camel otherwise!:lol

Great custom troopers Matrix. That Marmit looks great. I may track down a couple of those, can get them for under $150 and they look almost as good as the HT ones.

Nice job on the Scout trooper, I did the same exact kitbash. Good stuff. :)

Thanks guys! I hope to try and pick up another marmit trooper down the road,one isn't enough:) The scout trooper was a work in progress(had more work to do on him,pleather boots on ball joints and better gloves etc)but after seeing SS have one coming out i stopped. Eyerything looks awesome on that but i will still custom it with the tomy helmet for reveal. Happy enough with the bike

I heard they were making another Bond movie... :p

Seriously though, they look good. I like the scout pouches, and your helmet seems to sit a lot better than mine does. Is it the Tomy helmet?

Back