Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was Anwe who recommended the bodies originally...not sure. Whoever it was, thanks...spot on!

It was Solo_bones that posted first I think, so credit goes to him. I had used the same type body and it was the best fit for the Marmits out of the 4-5 different bodies I tried.

Hey Gents,

I have 3 Sideshow Stormtroopers up for sale. Going to put them on ebay. Ping me if you are interested:

1) Dessert Sands
1) Squat Leader (Orange Paldron)
1) Black paldron

I have the boxes, but not all are complete as I used guns for other displays.

PM if you are interested.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416071682.275988.jpg

Saturday afternoon nerd-out. Sandtroopers and coffee. Tweaking the weathering on these.

The Marmit ab plate in particular as well as the other parts, due to the soft sculpt and gloss, lack depth. I've been gently working the armour in spots with a Scotch-Brite pad; the pigment is ground in very fine lines which adds depth to the weathering. Much more apparent in-hand than an iPhone photo, but the result begins to look more 1:1.

Also dabbing away some smears with acetone and Q-tips as I want to retain a dusty rather than liquid-splatter look, which can happen if you aren't careful.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416072181.515831.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416072195.600279.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416072206.266536.jpg

So you're saying you used the coffee as the pigment? You used the scotch bright pad to dab it on?

LOL...whoops, no. Pigment powders. Primary colour is raw umber, lightened up with yellow ochre. Some touches of burnt umber in tiny quantities. Application is a multiple-step process; dry brushed on for dusty undercoat; then dabbed with a very slightly damp sponge; dabbed or sometimes wiped off with dry kitchen towel; rubbed with Scotch-Brite; sometimes pulled back or "pushed" with a little acetone on a Q-Tip.

It's days of work, really. I don't seal the applications in between so I get some "natural" wear as i move things around or otherwise manipulate components.

I drink the coffee. ;)

Last edited:
I figured Sandtroopers for Espresso or Turkish myself, didn't expect them to be French Press kind of dudes. Everyone knows regular Stormtroopers drink the regular drip stuff that's been sitting around for hours on the Star Destroyers.

I figured Sandtroopers for Espresso or Turkish myself, didn't expect them to be French Press kind of dudes. Everyone knows regular Stormtroopers drink the regular drip stuff that's been sitting around for hours on the Star Destroyers.

To be fair, it wasn't the coffee they were looking for.

Fantastic job on the weathering. Super stuff. I love the Marmits.

[...] Cool weather technique ZE, they look terrific

Sandtroopers look very good, well done!

Great weathering, ZE_501. Saved those shots for future reference, as weathering my custom marmit Sandtrooper is still on my to-do list. :)

Thanks everyone. Spent a lot of time on them yesterday and think I finally have it where I want it...dialed back in some spots, detailed others. I'll post photos with a better camera when I get some time. I'm going to finish up a couple of nerd projects this morning and then it's back to real life, have commissions to finish and a client to meet. That whole "work for a living" thing. What's up with that? :dunno

Hello! Quick question. I have my 212th Clone trooper Deluxe. Is there a big difference with the helmet and body color of the original utapau figures from the recent ones? Also with the previous Boil and waxer phase 2 helmet. If i just buy the helmet and swap it to the new 212th deluxe will it be noticeable? i'm just curious. Wanted to buy some to recreate boil and waxer with the new upgrade. Hope someone can help. thankyou!

Hello! Quick question. I have my 212th Clone trooper Deluxe. Is there a big difference with the helmet and body color of the original utapau figures from the recent ones? Also with the previous Boil and waxer phase 2 helmet. If i just buy the helmet and swap it to the new 212th deluxe will it be noticeable? i'm just curious. Wanted to buy some to recreate boil and waxer with the new upgrade. Hope someone can help. thankyou!

If you mix and match parts from different clone in the 212 you will see differences...in both orange and the white armor.

Back