Show off your Kamen Riders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Masked Rider back when it was on TV over here, never watched Kamen Rider though. Gotta say that Kiva is my favorite of the bunch just going by looks.

Zero, how much did that one cost you cause that is the one Im aiming to get. Ive seen some for like $50 and others for about $20. Would love to get the medicom one but that is over $200, and I cant pull that off with car payments and my RE hot toys coming soon.

Watched Masked Rider back when it was on TV over here, never watched Kamen Rider though. Gotta say that Kiva is my favorite of the bunch just going by looks.

Zero, how much did that one cost you cause that is the one Im aiming to get. Ive seen some for like $50 and others for about $20. Would love to get the medicom one but that is over $200, and I cant pull that off with car payments and my RE hot toys coming soon.

I get all of my SIC figures from HobbyLink Japan. Kiva is around $ 48 plus shipping....

So I took out my Medicom Kamen Rider Kuuga today, as I haven't really "play" or "Pose" it since getting it bout few months back.

fml....I discovered the leg was broken....arghhh :doh!
I like the articulation the Medicom Body provides and how natural/proportionate it looks...but all this is nothing when the body starts falling apart!!! What's more its those newer improved sturdier bodies :wtf

Anyway...being quite pissed, I took out my HTslim Truetype and switch Kuuga over to it.

Here's the end result.

Couldn't use the true type neck cos it looked too long and the ball joint is too big for Kuuga's head. So I used back medi's neck and fix is on the true type. Unfortunately, the neck is a little short...it almost look like it had no neck. To improve the look,I padded the neck with tissues to make it look thicker & fuller. But well...it still can't help the fact that it's short.
4150277463_d509b268d0_o.jpg

4150278195_90cb59e5a9_o.jpg

Unfortunately, the True Type Slim is still a little too fat for the body armour...but I decided not to seal it up, so that I can do further mods on it in future.
4151035704_136384db0f_o.jpg

Other mods done includes, cutting open the shoes to allow the big fat True Type feet to go in. Shortening the Medi Hand pegs so that it can fit into the arm sockets better, also added some blu-tack for a better fit.

WEll, now I have a Medicom + Hot Toys Kamen Rider Kuuga.
4151035394_9942eacf26_o.jpg

It's not the most poseable body but at least I can now pose it, without fear of breaking anything...

Sigh...I should go and buy more slim true type bodies to replace my other broken figures.

Here's a shot of SIC Vol 50 - Masked Rider Kiva. Just opened this one tonight.

4132123277_baefec6ee7_b.jpg

Lots of die-cast on this guy!

Great shot!
Kiva is a nice piece, one of the better SIC figures with great amount of die-cast metal!!!

Only bad thing I can say about it, is that the chain is very hard to clip on back. Other than that, it's a great figure to have!

Good to know about the True Type slims... I had considered switching some of my Medicoms over to this body. Haven't had any breakage YET, but it seems like just a matter of time.

About the TT Slim. Have you guys tried sanding down the body a little making it smaller? It looks like just a little would make it work. I mean you'd be destroying the body do you intend on keeping it for good???

Good to know about the True Type slims... I had considered switching some of my Medicoms over to this body. Haven't had any breakage YET, but it seems like just a matter of time.

Yep, it's good to have some slim true type for back up....besides Medicom hardly sell their bodies.

Kuuga looks fantastic on the new body.
Thks! was quite a lot of work to get it to fit.

About the TT Slim. Have you guys tried sanding down the body a little making it smaller? It looks like just a little would make it work. I mean you'd be destroying the body do you intend on keeping it for good???

Sanding it smaller is a pain...I know cos I sand the TT slim for my SS clone trooper and I gave up after awhile. A dremel would get the job done easier and faster...but I don't have one.

Interesting interview.... I am actually really enjoying Dragon Knight. No, it's not near the story levels of most of the original Rider series (including Ryuuki), but I think they have done an admirable job on the show and have kept true to it's roots and actually upped the action quite a bit...

Interesting interview.... I am actually really enjoying Dragon Knight. No, it's not near the story levels of most of the original Rider series (including Ryuuki), but I think they have done an admirable job on the show and have kept true to it's roots and actually upped the action quite a bit...

I too actually think there pretty good. I know some people have mixed reviews on it, but as I said considering what they have done with it, I find it rather good and always look foward to it...now the US toys are a different story. There garbage...

hyper040.jpg

hyper003.jpg

fk_037-4.jpg

4135644662_6bc7c15353_o.jpg

4134884283_037aeddf35_o.jpg

Kamen Rider W looks amazing!!! If only they can make him split in the middle!

hyper002.jpg

Ryuki & Ryuga aka Dragon Knight & Onyx
They are releasing it to tie in with the American version of the show which will air in Japan.

Hey does anyone know if they if they have Wing Knight planned. I'd love to get a Wing Knights one.

● 全高約300mm
● マスク前方のシールドは別パーツ構造により、
立体的に再現!
● 胸部アーマーはPVC製にてリアルに再現!
● 両肩、両膝等に装備された、デバイスポイントは
ディテールを完全再現!
● 変身ベルトバックルにはカードホルダーを
劇中同様装填可能、さらにカードホルダー
からはアドベントカードを引き出す事も可能!
● 剣型の召喚機にはカードホルダー展開時を
「開・閉」2種のパーツ差し替えにて
リアルに再現!