1/6 Show off your custom Marvel figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17841917_10208858178066910_1370314993_n.jpg

waiting on glasses and will make new mask..

Attachments

• 17888331_10208850288149667_354196152_n.jpg
    17888331_10208850288149667_354196152_n.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Here is my current custom fig. Still very much a WIP, and far from done. Been working on him for a while it seems now, slow going, but wanted to share the progress. I know that Battlestar is an obscure character, but my last fig was the black suit Cap, and I have always liked Battlestar, so I wanted to stay within the same story line for my custom. Trying for a MCU flavor for the costume. Pics include my first attempt at the shield, which I have to redo because the paint slipped under the sticker I used and messed up the look. Going to use a 3D star and glue it on the next time, which is going to look better anyway.

View attachment 334997 View attachment 334998

View attachment 335320

waiting on glasses and will make new mask..

Great work guys, looking forward to finished figures. :hi5:

Ooh - nice use of the 12' Marvel Select there! I'll look forward to seeing how that one turns out (planning something similar with the *ahem* Hoc Hoi mk43 - I've done all the dark layers, but the particular brand of clear blue I'm after for the topcoat is out of stock until the end of the month around here)

Hah! Well it looks pretty damned cool in those colours - certainly more stealthy than the bright blue mk3, and I do think he'll fit in with a larger group brilliantly. (Yeah I was planning on customising my Marvel Select guy in a similar way, but was far too charmed by his comic-book stylings in the end.)

link didnt work..but i assume it's the knock off one? if so..yes..i have bought one..with some small tweaks..it's really nice..
12781998_10205892757133240_251708361_n.jpg

is it that set?

not sure what body i used...not phicen..maybe play toys or something like that..
i had to cut the belt off of the suit and reattach it later...made her new belt for her pistols, etc...
did a few other things...

Feel free to mock this thing mercilessly; I've not had a sealant layer go as spectacularly belly-up as the one on this figure did in years... (Seriously much swearing and rescue wiping/repainting was involved)

34467710346_5020328b82_c.jpg

I can't quite get the numerous blues to show up on camera even under bright daylight - but it's a lot bluer/glossier in person. Eventually I'm going to replace the head and hands with actual HTs replacements (hence the bizarre colourways on the helmet), but for a colour experiment on an, *ahem* Hoc Hoi I think it looks like a reasonable take on the Stealth colour scheme.

Feel free to mock this thing mercilessly; I've not had a sealant layer go as spectacularly belly-up as the one on this figure did in years... (Seriously much swearing and rescue wiping/repainting was involved)

I can't quite get the numerous blues to show up on camera even under bright daylight - but it's a lot bluer/glossier in person. Eventually I'm going to replace the head and hands with actual HTs replacements (hence the bizarre colourways on the helmet), but for a colour experiment on an, *ahem* Hoc Hoi I think it looks like a reasonable take on the Stealth colour scheme.
The hoc hoi thread got taken down for some reason so I'll mention it here, I saw a black and gold version of the hoc hoi up on aliexpress. Don't think they named it as hoc hoi in the listing tho

Oh thank god. For a moment I thought you'd done that to a HT ;)

Oh thank god. For a moment I thought you'd done that to a HT ;)

Haha! Lol, even though I'm sure you spotted the knock off quality instantly, gods no, even with access to the proper equipment I don't think I'd dare wipe a Hot Toys.

(Well... maybe one of the outdated ancient models one day if they continue their current trend of redoing the older models as DC , *and* if it started to fade... but even then I'd hesitate.)

Edit: Slightly better representation of the colours (and a clearer shot of the ridiculous finish I ended up with on the face-plate, got to admit the only reason I felt free to try texture work there was the awful quality (or lack thereof) of the mould)

34514155525_b69f3301b8_c.jpg

I'll probably touch up a few of the silver bits again since the photo is highlighting quite a bit of the slop that occurred during the emergency touch-ups!

And immediately you show up my lack of skill with your fantastic one-colour resprays. :rotfl They look fantastic. Rattle cans or airspray skill?

(Is it terrible that I've been eyeing up the terrible fakey versions of the Egg Attack Iron Man figures with their mishapen eyeholes specifically because their faceplates bear more than a little resemblance to the kiddy Iron Man mask that was featured briefly towards the end of Iron Man 2? I kinda want to kitbash a fan-kid dressed up as Iron Man figure, to have the little guy asking the Avengers for an autograph or something similarly silly.)

lol...not my intention to up you or anything..just sharing..lol..
spray paint..metallic silver or gold...worked better than i had hoped actually...i need to still do the power circle on the chests with something...and a few other small things..but im really diggin them so far..

Ah that's awesome that you can get that kind of finish with spraypaint, I'm really looking forward to seeing these three you've shown so far once you've finished them to your liking. I get the impression that with the detail work they'll look even better.

(One day I will be in an environment that actually allows paint to dry flat and lovely without damned dust settling on everything! ...One day!)

i plan on doing the all white version next..once i get my hands on another figure...

18337455_10209039909450081_497124519_n.jpg

ive been working on colossus too..need to redo his whole top..messed it up..sigh

18197397_10208992174616740_847690132_n.jpg
not sure if i showed off Doom or not...he was a legends..gave him a new paint job..new cloths..etc...

Back