ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory **MEDIX Jack Sparrow/Boba Fett**

Amazing figures man! I love the poses. I think I might steal that sparrow pose :D

I really love fett, but currently i have no other starwars figures (Sold vader), so I don't think he will fit in. I might have to pull the trigger on getting it, because he looks amazing in your pics! :clap

That Sparrow looks spot-on! The EB headsculpt is really good. I'm still waiting to see a modded Medicom Batman from you... :impatient:

:monkey3

IMG_4765.jpg

Sonofa_____.

That looks awesome homie...if I can get my hands on some extended ankle pegs I'll probably port him over. :slap

Grats on the Medix sparrow bud!!! :duff

Last edited:

Thanks so much guys. :duff

Amazing figures man! I love the poses. I think I might steal that sparrow pose :D

I really love fett, but currently i have no other starwars figures (Sold vader), so I don't think he will fit in. I might have to pull the trigger on getting it, because he looks amazing in your pics! :clap

:lol :lol

Steal away man.

You definitely need to pick it up.

That Sparrow looks spot-on! The EB headsculpt is really good. I'm still waiting to see a modded Medicom Batman from you... :impatient:

:monkey3

Actually have 2 in the works. One with Elvis1976 and one that I put together. I'll post pics of mine.

Sonofa_____.

That looks awesome homie...if I can get my hands on some extended ankle pegs I'll probably port him over. :slap

Thanks buddy. I'll keep a look out for you. :exactly:

Last edited:
Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory **MEDIX Batman & Jack Sparrow/Boba Fett**

As requested, my almost finished Medix Batman. The sculpt and Kevlar parts need to be repainted. This second Medix Batman kinda just fell in my lap. Really didn't plan to have two. Really happy with the new TDKR HT DX12.

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

A litte TDKR love.
IMG_4799.jpg

Wow that looks amazing so far!!!! :clap

The medi head is the most accurate head out of all the TDK batman figures once modded and repainted. I wish I could find someone to sell me only the medi head.

Good stuff man.

Last edited:

Wow that looks amazing so far!!!! :clap

The medi head is the most accurate head out of all the TDK batman figures once modded and repainted. I wish I could find someone to sell me only the medi head.

Good stuff man.

Very amazing ;)

Thanks guys.

Definitely agree that the Medicom is the best out there. Good luck finding one buddy. :)

Been wanting a Medix Sparrow for some time now. Always felt the Enterbay/Medicom Sparrow had a stronger Depp likeness.

Swapped him on a slim TT with pegs extenders to match the SS Pro body height. A thousand
times better in my opinion.

Love the pics and collection!

For us noobs, can you explain what you mean above?

What is a Medix figure?

Also, I have no clue what you meant in regards to the Boba Fett - what is a 'slim TT with pegs extenders'?

I love how you lit up your Detolfs and added extras to make the figures look even better.

Are most of the extras custom, or did they come with the figures?

Thanks in advance,
Steve​

Love the pics and collection!

For us noobs, can you explain what you mean above?

What is a Medix figure?

Also, I have no clue what you meant in regards to the Boba Fett - what is a 'slim TT with pegs extenders'?

I love how you lit up your Detolfs and added extras to make the figures look even better.

Are most of the extras custom, or did they come with the figures?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

No response? Was just curious (trying to learn a little more.)

Thanks.

Oh man! Sorry Steve. :slap

The Medix is a combination of the TDK Medicom Batman and the Hot Toys TDK DX02 Batman. Pretty much the whole figure is Medicom except the HT torso and shoulder armor. It's basically a Frankenstein figure. If that makes sense. :lol

The Boba Fett's body was replaced with the Hot Toys(HT) slim true type (TT). It's just an all round better body. The ankle peg extenders are pretty much just that. They extended the height of the figure because the slim TT is slightly shorter than most 1/6 scale figures.

The extras? I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. The accessories? A lot of the accessories I have just came with the figures. Some are just from random figures. For example, the comic Joker's chair is from the knock-off Matrix figures.

Hope this helps. :wave

And thank you so much for the compliments. :duff

Thanks for the photos ShortRound! I appreciate it. Man it does look great, when you get the head repainted it will be perfect! :hi5:

What are you planning to get next from HT?

Oh man! Sorry Steve. :slap

The Medix is a combination of the TDK Medicom Batman and the Hot Toys TDK DX02 Batman. Pretty much the whole figure is Medicom except the HT torso and shoulder armor. It's basically a Frankenstein figure. If that makes sense. :lol

The Boba Fett's body was replaced with the Hot Toys(HT) slim true type (TT). It's just an all round better body. The ankle peg extenders are pretty much just that. They extended the height of the figure because the slim TT is slightly shorter than most 1/6 scale figures.

The extras? I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. The accessories? A lot of the accessories I have just came with the figures. Some are just from random figures. For example, the comic Joker's chair is from the knock-off Matrix figures.

Hope this helps. :wave

And thank you so much for the compliments. :duff

Thanks a lot! That info does help. Not a customizer myself and doubt that I ever will be, but I know good work when I see it.

Do you have any closeup pics of The Dude, Marty McFly, or Alex from Clockwork Orange?

Who made those, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again!

No prob man!

Skim through the thread. I have plenty of pics of all those. All made by a customizer named Rainman.

No prob man!

Skim through the thread. I have plenty of pics of all those. All made by a customizer named Rainman.

Thank you - just went back through. Amazing...

Does he do one-off commissions, or were these part of a limited run?

And this, is a masterpiece:
IMG_3243.jpg

Did I read that correctly - the head was made by one person, the clothes by another?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just starting out in the hobby, and definitely appreciate great work. Some of the stuff you can get at Sideshow is great, and others are mediocre. Of course, some things you can't get at all.

Just trying to find out who to go to, to even see if I can get my hands on some of these beauties! ;)

Thanks again for your time.

Steve

Back