ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory **MEDIX Batman & Jack Sparrow/Boba Fett**

Thank you - just went back through. Amazing...

Does he do one-off commissions, or were these part of a limited run?

And this, is a masterpiece:
IMG_3243.jpg

Did I read that correctly - the head was made by one person, the clothes by another?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just starting out in the hobby, and definitely appreciate great work. Some of the stuff you can get at Sideshow is great, and others are mediocre. Of course, some things you can't get at all.

Just trying to find out who to go to, to even see if I can get my hands on some of these beauties! ;)

Thanks again for your time.

Steve

Patience and money is the name of this game :lecture

The more you come on here the more you will catch on who is who. A lot of talent in here. Check the For Sale threads in here often and you will find great customs being sold all the time.

When I first joined I would click on a user who I thought knew a lot and I would look at his previous posts, which could be found in the stats tab of the users profile. From there I could see what threads he visited and what posts he made. If a thread interested me I would join it and from there I would notice other users and I would do the same thing. Before you know it your subscribed to a lot of threads. You will notice the same people in the same threads commenting and putting their two cents in.

You won't be able to get your hands on all the customs and thats just the way it works. Either, because the money isn't available at that time or just didnt know about the project soon enough to get on the list. Its just the way it works, but with patience you can get some of the most sought after customs in here.

This hobby has been rewarding, frustrating, disappointing, and just plain awesome all in a weeks worth of time. Have fun :wave

Patience and money is the name of this game :lecture

The more you come on here the more you will catch on who is who. A lot of talent in here. Check the For Sale threads in here often and you will find great customs being sold all the time.

When I first joined I would click on a user who I thought knew a lot and I would look at his previous posts, which could be found in the stats tab of the users profile. From there I could see what threads he visited and what posts he made. If a thread interested me I would join it and from there I would notice other users and I would do the same thing. Before you know it your subscribed to a lot of threads. You will notice the same people in the same threads commenting and putting their two cents in.

You won't be able to get your hands on all the customs and thats just the way it works. Either, because the money isn't available at that time or just didnt know about the project soon enough to get on the list. Its just the way it works, but with patience you can get some of the most sought after customs in here.

This hobby has been rewarding, frustrating, disappointing, and just plain awesome all in a weeks worth of time. Have fun :wave

Great advice! Thanks man.

By the way - who's working on the Sho 'Nuff custom, anyone? The Last Dragon would be great!

Great advice! Thanks man.

By the way - who's working on the Sho 'Nuff custom, anyone? The Last Dragon would be great!

No one yet. Seems everyone is booked right now for the rest of the year. Not really pushing Sho-nuf right now. Too many great customs being made right now. I just have to wait my turn. In due time :)

Re: ShortRound's fortune and glory *Collection update*

Sweet update!

IMG_4841.jpg

That's the money shot right there! :rock2

I trust that's an Old Ben WIP hiding at the bottom there. It looks great already. I assume it's more or less done, just waiting on the head? Any recipes or tips you're willing to share at this point?

Very nice display in the detolfs! Congrats!

I love how clean and neat everything looks, I should really add some more lights to my Detolfs as well. Those are the Dioder lights, right?
The diversity of your Batman collection is great as well, those comic versions are so amazing. Seb really did an outstanding job on them.

I trust that's an Old Ben WIP hiding at the bottom there. It looks great already. I assume it's more or less done, just waiting on the head? Any recipes or tips you're willing to share at this point?

Yes, good eye. Currently being painted my Silentsurfer, the master. :bow
The only thing I did was put him on a HT TT and futz the hell out of him. There's a certain way to fold the robs to make them look screen accurate. :lecture
He also has TTM19 relaxed hands. That is all my friend. :wave

Very nice display in the detolfs! Congrats!

Thank you Jkno. :duff

I love how clean and neat everything looks, I should really add some more lights to my Detolfs as well. Those are the Dioder lights, right?
The diversity of your Batman collection is great as well, those comic versions are so amazing. Seb really did an outstanding job on them.

Thanks Agonistes! :hi5:
Yes those are the Dioder lights. Very simple to set up but very time consuming. Highly recommend it buddy.
I have one more SUPER SECRET comic Batman in the works. Can't to show it off. :panic:

Thanks Agonistes! :hi5:
Yes those are the Dioder lights. Very simple to set up but very time consuming. Highly recommend it buddy.
I have one more SUPER SECRET comic Batman in the works. Can't to show it off. :panic:

If you're referring to the one you've hinted at in Seb's thread, I think I know which artwork it's based on. ;)
And I actually have one set of Dioder lights installed in one of my Detolf's, although I rarely use it. And with one Detolf having it and the other not, it just looks weird.

If you're referring to the one you've hinted at in Seb's thread, I think I know which artwork it's based on. ;)
And I actually have one set of Dioder lights installed in one of my Detolf's, although I rarely use it. And with one Detolf having it and the other not, it just looks weird.

Did he hint at it already? Oh that sneaky guy! :lol :lol

Invest in it man. Well worth it I think. :exactly:

Say what? :monkey3

Last edited:
Back