SH Figuarts Batman 89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Mezco one hadn't been so expensive, I'd probably be in for both, just to test out this one's articulation. But as this isn't shaping up to be the best year financially for me (as for many of us in this chaos), I'm probably going to pass on this one. The head just isn't good, and Mezco's head looks awesome, especially the battle damaged cowl. (The only thing my Hot Toy version is lacking is actual damage to the cowl itself. Great detail on Mezco's part there.)

Fun figure, but I'm happy I went ahead with my Mezco pre-order. It's clearly the better of the two in my opinion.

Well. I ordered it. Pre-paid in full so now to just wait back for it to arrive.

I have no impulse control.

Yeah....the head sucks. But it looks articulated, so at the very least it might be the most fun 89 Batman to just mess around with without fear of breakage like NECA, and it SHOULD hold poses, unlike the rubber coated Hot Toys and Mezco.

I have no doubt if Mafex ever makes on, I'll grab that too.

Cause it's like another poster said....we've been waiting over 30 years for accurate Batman figures. Even as a kid I knew the Toy Biz figure sucked. And the Kenner Dark Knight Collection was a bunch of repainted Super Powers. I've been wanting this so long, I can't help myself. I'm gonna buy em all.

I already have a Hot Toys Batmobile that I regret too...heaven help me if someone makes one in scale with these figures. I'm an addict.....I can't say no.

Tamashai over on fb asked what other DC characters we would like now that 89 Bats has been Revealed so just maybe well get Penguin and Catwoman.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One thing I can’t figure out, I see a head with eyes to the left and one with eyes to the right, is there one with them looking straight?

Yippon is one site I've used theres others like hobby link

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Will HLJ get this, being a web exclusive? I’ve seen people mention the web exclusives, but I’ve never tried to pre-order one myself. HLJ would be my preferred place to order from, but I’d hate to wait too long and miss out...

How do I order it. Where is the link.

It's available these places right now, have to pay in full now for the figure, then shipping later at release:

https://mykombini.com/en/september-2020/17973-shfiguarts-batman-batman-1989-bandai-limited.html

https://www.anime-export.com/product/47187

One thing I can’t figure out, I see a head with eyes to the left and one with eyes to the right, is there one with them looking straight?

I'm sure there must be, I wonder if there'll be replaceable eyes like they used to do or just multiple heads.

Will HLJ get this, being a web exclusive? I’ve seen people mention the web exclusives, but I’ve never tried to pre-order one myself. HLJ would be my preferred place to order from, but I’d hate to wait too long and miss out...

No HLJ doesn't carry web exclusives.

Ordered ...ugh HLJ doesn’t have it up yet so I went with Mykombini :(

I prefer HLJ because I never pay in advance for preorders but I had to put a deposit for Mykombini :gah:

I didn’t want to miss out on this waiting for HLJ and then have them sell out everywhere else :lecture

Is Mykombini pretty good with their service

I know most of us had high hopes of putting the Mezco head on the SHF body.

Well....sorry fellas....I'm here to nip that hope in the bud.

I grabbed the first Mezco and SHF on my shelf and the results were......not pretty.

unnamed.jpg

Well, that’s no the best combo, is it? A shorter than average person with a slight build combined with a hulking brute...?

Is there a difference between the Mykombini release and BBTS?

I ordered at BBTS and I might cancel my Mykombini order

I thought it was a limited edition

Is there a difference between the Mykombini release and BBTS?

I ordered at BBTS and I might cancel my Mykombini order

I thought it was a limited edition

BBTS gets them a month later typically, I thought it was limited too. I haven't tried to cancel at Mykombini before so not sure how it goes.

BBTS gets them a month later typically, I thought it was limited too. I haven't tried to cancel at Mykombini before so not sure how it goes.

I can’t believe it’s the same price at BBTS as everywhere else imported and same release date. Ugh if only I waited ..instead putting a deposit down at Mykombini

Thanks a lot Bandai :gah:

It’s Sat in Japan and Mykombini is closed, I wonder if I can email them to cancel before they charge me on Monday :dunno

Back