SH Figuarts Batman 89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was wondering that too....seems like a smash hit for them....two production runs of the Batmobile even. Sold out Batman and Joker. Mime Joker was the only dud and even that sold out eventually and will cost you big bucks now.

Where is this info coming from?

Good grief I can't wait to see this. It's crazy how just a few years ago we barely had any decent Batman 89/Returns figures, but now we have the 1/6th Hot Toys figures, NECA's awesome lineup of 1/4th scale figures and the 6" TRU exclusive, Mattel's Multiverse Alfred with an alternate Michael Gough head, the Mezco 1:12 and now this. I hope they go all out on the accessories. An alternate head with eyes looking to the side is right up SHF's alley.

I'd get a MAFEX version too. I bet we'll see something from them. Personally I'd rather see them make a BR Batman and Catwoman - 89 has been covered surprisingly well.

True...Returns armor is way overdue for some decent merchandise....preferably an amazing 1/12 rendition.

There were A LOT of returns/exchanges for both Batmobiles (Tumbler & Burtonmobile). I remember a lot ended up damaged in transit or there was sloppy packing on Hot Toys' part (their workers maybe damaged them while packing). They were $600-$700 collectibles so the concern was well-warranted. In the case of the Burtonmobile, I remember it was A LOT of scratches/scuffing along the body that couldn't be removed. Rumor was that Hot Toys packed the Burtonmobiles when the paint wasn't fully dry. My brother got the Tumbler and it arrived damaged, but it was a part he was able to superglue back together. I think a lot of the vendors (Sideshow, BBTS, etc.) ended up having to take returns/exchanges/offer coupons to keep damagedmobiles and that feedback and possible returns went back to Hot Toys. Who knows the true answer at this point, but we haven't really seen Hot Toys do many vehicles since (exception is the Delorean Time Machine) despite showing "prototypes" like the BvS Batmobile and Star Wars stuff. It's A LOT on their part, and molds they might never use again unless they do another re-release. But I think the Burtonmobile and Tumbler re-release ended up being a big headache for them and their vendors, so they might not do it again.

Anyways, back on topic - interesting to see that there has been a "jump" on the Keaton Batman stuff. My guess is that WB is licensing it out more since it has always been pretty popular. Excited to see what they show!

Last edited:
Good grief I can't wait to see this. It's crazy how just a few years ago we barely had any decent Batman 89/Returns figures, but now we have the 1/6th Hot Toys figures, NECA's awesome lineup of 1/4th scale figures and the 6" TRU exclusive, Mattel's Multiverse Alfred with an alternate Michael Gough head, the Mezco 1:12 and now this. I hope they go all out on the accessories. An alternate head with eyes looking to the side is right up SHF's alley.

I'd get a MAFEX version too. I bet we'll see something from them. Personally I'd rather see them make a BR Batman and Catwoman - 89 has been covered surprisingly well.

I skipped the Multiverse Alfred but really wanna grab him. I got the Devito Penguin, stupid I skipped Alfred.

It is officially March 26th in Japan.

giphy.gif

yup must buy!!! saw it online came here!! wonder if they will ever release the batmobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Releasing alongside the Mez. Likeness seems s little off, like the Neca, but this seems to have better proportions. Will definitely be pre-ordering. Another reason to try to get Joost/Jazzinc. to do a 1/12 Batmobile/Batmissle.

Yeah it?s a little disappointing, mainly with the face for me. I wish they would?ve cut the ab articulation the same way NECA did, where it?s a flat torso piece on a ball joint at the hips, but it?ll be nice having more range, and it won?t be noticeable when futzed right.

This will no doubt be more poseable than the weird rubber Mezco body, so that?ll be fun at least. This shot here made me hyped a little bit.

attachment.php

The face looks pretty good here too, it looks like they used the stoic mouth plate with the looking-to-the-side head.

attachment.php

I just wish NECA would?ve made Bob the Goon or some generic Joker thugs from the movie, I?d love to pose Batman beating them up in a cathedral setting.

No BD mouth is weird.

It really is disappointing, especially for the price point. Face looks just awful.

I'm not gonna pre-order it. I think I'll wait and see if it sticks around, cause it honestly looks pretty bad. The NECA looks better than this.

SHF 1989 Batman (1).jpg
SHF 1989 Batman (2).jpg
SHF 1989 Batman (3).jpg
SHF 1989 Batman (4).jpg
SHF 1989 Batman (5).jpg

It almost looks like he’s wearing the Returns cowl. Keaton’s face looked a lot rounder in Batman 89.

ZLxWMkN.jpg

Not exactly, but it looks too thin imo.

The Mezco’s eyes look like E.T. in a Batman mask, but the shape is a lot better.

ZXEaWyk.jpg

Granted the pictures don't help give a clearer idea but this is such a letdown. The headsculpt, cape, muscles, and belt size all look off.

Looks to be an exclusive too so at a higher price it is even less appealing.

Ugh two possibly great Batman 89 1:12 figures this year and neither looks to have delivered as well as they should have.

I had such high hopes for the Mezco, but then they went and pulled the bait and switch on us and gave us the rubbery little doll mess.

Then this comes along and it's a chance at redemption, but this thing looks worse than the Mezco, in my opinion.

The wait for a perfect 1/12 scale Keaton Batman continues, sadly. And with all these companies trying, I don't see who could possibly pull it off? McFarlane? Hell no. Mafex? Maybe, if their QC remains consistent. But will they bother? Will there even be a global economy left by 2023 when their figure finally comes out?

No...looks like it's either NECA, or these two. What a shame.

Mezco-One12-Collective-DC-1989-Keaton-Batman-Promo-07.jpg
IMG-4123.jpg

Back