• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SELLER BEWARE!!!.....boombusterr is a Thief. Don't deal with him!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM me all that info outlikealight! Thanks buddy..I appreciate it.

Last week I posted an ad for a Sinestro Ex. He answered the ad and said he would sell for basically retail price shipped. I jumped all over that. The conversation was pretty normal. My spider sense tingled a little about the price but I have had members give me good deals before - just being generous or needing a quick sale.

I paid via Paypal as goods and used a credit card. I always do this so I am covered several ways. He immediately sent me back a full refund and requested that I instead send the payment to a different paypal account. Supposedly his girlfriends who he was living with. I don't know why he did this - was it accidental? Did he give me his real account with a real name the first time? Did he hope I would pay a different way. I don't know.

Well now my ******** meter went crazy. I told him his girlfriend needed to be a verified member. He said she was. I immediately checked that **** and checked the original address he gave me for good measure. Both were unverified. He pretended to be mystified by this.

I told him he needed to take a picture of the brown shipping box with "I AM LEGEND" written on a piece of paper held in front of it and I never heard from him again.

I still have the conversation in my PM's and I have the original paypal address he used with the name of the account holder attached to it. Don't know if that might help someone.

Sounds odd. I would let paypal know too.

Here is my initial PM's with him before it went to text message. He was pretty smooth. He never did get me a picture of the shipper which is why I asked for one later. He did send pics of a just opened Sinestro which he probably pulled off the net. Even commented on how he loved the smell of a freshly opened package :lol.

He was pretty smooth and not like a lot of the low IQ rip off artists. But in hindsight the signs were there. If it's too good too be true dig a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: I've got an extra still sealed on shipper that I'll sell for 370 shipped in the US if you're ready interested.
Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight: My ad was for the EX. Are you offering the EX or regular. Either way thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: Yes - EX with the Construct hand!

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight: I am definitely interested! After I pay for it would you mind opening it up and making sure that everything is ok with it. Specifically the base and the two constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: Want me to do that now? I bought it locally so I doubt it was mistreated during shipping or anything

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight That would be awesome! Before you do that can you send me a picture of the brown shipper where it says Sinestro. Sorry to ask but it looks like you are a new member. I definitely want it if this is on the up and up. You can text me the picture to 605-xxx-xxxx if that is easier.
Chris

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: I joined to sell my hot toys loki then I found out I have to pay lol so I haven't done that.
I'll text you!

Same story here. Guy approached me based on a WTB post. He had no feedback here, but had an ebay account with 100% positive feedback. I had him mail me on ebay to verify that was his account. That ebay account had sold some high value items, but had been over 6 months.

Short story is I paid and never got anything. Did Paypal Goods and Services so I have disputed the charge. Dude quit emailing me early in the week when I told him I would escalate.

Where should I send / post all of his ebay details so he can't just change user name on the board and re-use that ebay ID to scam someone else?

Here is my initial PM's with him before it went to text message. He was pretty smooth. He never did get me a picture of the shipper which is why I asked for one later. He did send pics of a just opened Sinestro which he probably pulled off the net. Even commented on how he loved the smell of a freshly opened package :lol.

He was pretty smooth and not like a lot of the low IQ rip off artists. But in hindsight the signs were there. If it's too good too be true dig a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: I've got an extra still sealed on shipper that I'll sell for 370 shipped in the US if you're ready interested.
Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight: My ad was for the EX. Are you offering the EX or regular. Either way thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: Yes - EX with the Construct hand!

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight: I am definitely interested! After I pay for it would you mind opening it up and making sure that everything is ok with it. Specifically the base and the two constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: Want me to do that now? I bought it locally so I doubt it was mistreated during shipping or anything

Quote Originally Posted by outlikealight That would be awesome! Before you do that can you send me a picture of the brown shipper where it says Sinestro. Sorry to ask but it looks like you are a new member. I definitely want it if this is on the up and up. You can text me the picture to 605-xxx-xxxx if that is easier.
Chris

Quote Originally Posted by boombusterr: I joined to sell my hot toys loki then I found out I have to pay lol so I haven't done that.
I'll text you!

There is a lot more info in the thread in WTB section about the scammer.

Boombusterr its 12:16 am on july 11th. I just saw that you are reading this thread. Just do the right thing and return the ill-gotten money you stole. How low can you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yikes, sorry to hear people got scammed by this d-bag.

Like filip said Dave will handle it, give him time.

I guess Dave could be waiting for the claims to be settled to make it official.. It just sucks that he is still on here every single day reading this thread and still private messaging.

I guess Dave could be waiting for the claims to be settled to make it official.. It just sucks that he is still on here every single day reading this thread and still private messaging.

Dave takes the time to make sure things are done right. He doesn't make knee jerk reactions. He personally contacted me once while he was investigating a custom painter on this board and warned me about him because he saw us communicating in a thread. This painter took money but wasn't finishing commissions nor returning pieces to his clients. After a thorough investigation, he banned the dude. I have no doubt he'll do the same thing in this situation.

Back