Seeking knowledgeable individuals to guide me in appraising a friend's action figure collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moongoon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Q friend of mine recently bought a collection of action figures. Mostly starwars . Although there is a handful of spawn ones. I see prices that are high and prices that seem low and I'm having trouble choosing which prices are credible. They are all from about 1995. They are all in their original packaging never opened. Do not plan on selling so it would not be beneficial to give me false prices to make them cheap to purchase. Really appreciate it.

Honestly this might not be the best forum to get advice on those kinds of figures. There are exceptions, but for the most part, this forum focuses on high end statues and figures. For Star Wars and Span toys from the mid-90s you might want to look into forums that focus more on toys of that type (e.g., 4-6 inch plastic toys that are available at brick and mortar stores).

For Star Wars, it sounds like they are POTF2 figures. You can check Rebelscum forums under Hasbro Modern Collecting and get better ideas/feedback there. And you can always search ebay's completed auctions and at least get a general idea of value from similar items that have sold.

The 90's SW figures were overproduced and devalued. The 80's is where the big money is at. Best to look at the highest selling ones on Ebay and see if he has them in the collection. Otherwise, carded or not, best to bulk sell them and Ebay's sold listings are the best place for that. Accurate and current.

As others have said, collectibles from the 90's are not really as valuable as those from decades prior.

I'm generalizing, but the 90's are characterized by companies trying to capitalize on the value of toys and comics from years past. They marketed a lot of items as collectibles but made a ton of them (and a ton of money).

Value boils down to scarcity and how sought after the items are. There's no scarcity of a lot of collectibles from the 90's, nor are many of them really sought out. They just don't currently have that full vintage appeal, though there is starting to be a little. That's probably not going to grow into the frenzy people have for collectibles from the 80's and 70's, though.

Since there's no interest in selling, presumably the collectibles in question were bought because someone wanted them because they mean something to them. The true value is in having them. I would not worry about what they're worth too much.

Back