SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like her, she's not perfect, but i like her. I'll get her, one of my favorite Prequel Jedi. You know why I'll get her mostly ? Three reasons. 1)Feamle. 2)Jedi. 3) Knowing sideshow's love of making figures who can be displayed together as a set, this now means there is a good, Nay VERY GOOD chance of getting her Master, ( If you're not familior with him Chavez, you'd like the guy, knowing you love of vilains, fallen heroes and darker heroes in general
250px-Quinlan.jpg
)
Quinlan Vos anyone?
180px-QuinGun.jpg

150px-QuinVos_cw8.jpg
KhaleenQuinlan.jpg

176442484_small.jpg
jedi2.jpg
finalproductquinlanvoss6rq.jpg

And just for cuteness factor, Quanlan vos taking baby Ayla in as his padawan.
180px-Young_Aayla_and_Padawan_Quinlan.jpg

Vos would be great.

I really want to be excited about this figure. Maybe more pics will help. Actually, I'm investing the lionshare of my hope in the factory paint. They may screw it up enough that I end up liking it.

Seriously, all it would take for me to pay $80 for this figure would be an above average head.

Thoughts?

cc08-AaylaSecura.jpg

Tonner is making SW figures now? ;) SS should have invested in a new base body instead of a robe the character never wore. Neat choice, just not thrilled with the execution. A pass of course but I'm looking forward to seeing what our customizers do with a body swap.

Tonner is making SW figures now? ;) SS should have invested in a new base body instead of a robe the character never wore. Neat choice, just not thrilled with the execution. A pass of course but I'm looking forward to seeing what our customizers do with a body swap.

funny thing is.. alot of suckers will still make this a sell out.

Still the old female body for a new Jedi !!! The HS is way too big and it's not the best Secura ever, I prefer the custom work of DrT :

Yeah, I'd say that custom overall looks better. She really does have a Tonnerish feel. I don't think the body will look too terrible (as its mostly covered) but its still a so-so figure and a very minor character. Unless the dead variant is really great looks like a no go for me on SDCC exclusives this year.

EDIT And I sure hope this figure isn't over $70... but if it is that really is a bad sign if an old outdated body and fairly simple figure is priced closer to Gandalf and Indy.

I don't know if I like her enough to buy. I am sure dudes who like her will be stoked but I think she is an odd choice for an exclusive as she seems awfully popular with the fans. Maybe this is a wait and see, after all I did pass on Plo Koon and he looks to be cool in the new CW cartoon.

I'll get one no problem. I don't care about the price,as long as she's not as much as Armored Obi-Wan. What do you think the exclusive will be?
As for the people who say this is a pass, great stay away from the site on the date of the PPO :lol
:chew

I did say it will be a woman character :) Pretty cool indeed!! But since my focus in OT Imperials and Droids I will pass.

I'll get one no problem. I don't care about the price,as long as she's not as much as Armored Obi-Wan. What do you think the exclusive will be?
As for the people who say this is a pass, great stay away from the site on the date of the PPO.

She herself is an exclusive, so there'll only be one version.

As for PPO day, if new pictures don't show greater promise and the price is wrong, I can guarantee I won't be there.

Nice thing is non-attendees will get a good look at her and for sure know the price before hand.

She has a huge head.

Kinda of weird this is an exclusive. Maybe because of the body. :wacky

Definitely not making me go "WOW!".

I wonder what hilt she will have?

If these figures are going to be more expensive, make them look like they should be.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we're getting more Jedi and not a bunch of Troopers and stuff. I LOVE the variety of the Jedi robes and species, unlike the monotony of the same boring clone in the same boring armor, however you choose to color it. Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Clonetroopers, whatever. I'll gladly take a million Jedi over one of them.

The figure has its flaws, but it's still a really cool addition to my collection, anyway. Besides, I'm sure all the trooper-people will be very happy when SDCC rolls around, so there's enough cool stuff to share, and there will be enough variety to please everybody. But yeah, I'll take Aayla over a boring sandperson or even Lando. Same with any other Jedi.

Back