SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Darth Maul and Grievous are obscure, then?

Aayla isn't as involved in the story as those two. While still a form of eye candy, they were main villains with which the Jedi fought and integral in the story.

Aayla just added hotness to the Arena battle on Geonosis and came back in ROTS to have her hotness in again for a few moments. Her shots in both films could be taken out and the movies would not be affected, Grievous and Maul would leave significant gaps.

Meh. I won't get this. I told myself I would only get Jedi from the Jedi council. She doesn't cut it.

No SDCC ex. for me again. :monkey2

Aayla isn't as involved in the story as those two. While still a form of eye candy, they were main villains with which the Jedi fought and integral in the story.

Aayla just added hotness to the Arena battle on Geonosis and came back in ROTS to have her hotness in again for a few moments. Her shots in both films could be taken out and the movies would not be affected, Grievous and Maul would leave significant gaps.

Significant gaps of "WHOA! COOL!" action scenes, really. In other words, eye candy. Spectacle. Neither character really did anything else of note, other than looking incredibly cool and losing their lives.

All I can think is "Why?"

So many great characters haven't been done yet. Vader, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, ROTJ Emperor, or even Luke/Han/Leia in different outfits. Instead they go with a character who was in ROTS for all of 5 seconds. Why?

All I can think is "Why?"

So many great characters haven't been done yet. Vader, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, ROTJ Emperor, or even Luke/Han/Leia in different outfits. Instead they go with a character who was in ROTS for all of 5 seconds. Why?

Are we collecting the same line?? I seem to have multiples of these characters already. :lol

And why? Because she's a SDCC exclusive. If they did any of those others you listed as con exclusives, fan uproar would be at ludicrous levels.

Thoughts?

cc08-AaylaSecura.jpg

it's just a doll

i'm glad other people dont like it

that means i can get it on the cheap :D

So who was it that said we'd see a Vader at SDCC?

As an announcement not an exclusive.

Cool announcement, I'll be getting one. I agree the face doesn't look that good, but I'm hoping it's the lighting/photography. Things usually look better in hand than in pics. The great thing about Sideshow is that you can see it in hand before making a final decision.

Significant gaps of "WHOA! COOL!" action scenes, really. In other words, eye candy. Spectacle. Neither character really did anything else of note, other than looking incredibly cool and losing their lives.

You're missing my point. If you cut Aayla's clips from the movies and fixed the music and such, it wouldn't affect the pace or anything, the Arena battle would still be what it is and there'd just be one less Jedi you see die. If you cut out the scenes involved Grievous and Maul, each film would be out of sync and you couldn't watch it without coming up with something to fill the void, so their scenes in the movies add to the overall film, even if their characters don't, Aayla really was just putting a scantily clad girl in for the boys to stare at, as far as the movies go, I'm sure she's more in the EU.

Well Im getting her as I've been screaming for chick Jedi. I may switch out the body but we will see. This may be as much posting as I do tonight because I have a 15 page paper due at 10 AM that I have 6 pages done for. Excuse me while I go be sick now. :monkey4

As an announcement not an exclusive.

Cool announcement, I'll be getting one. I agree the face doesn't look that good, but I'm hoping it's the lighting/photography. Things usually look better in hand than in pics. The great thing about Sideshow is that you can see it in hand before making a final decision.

Oh I thought this was the all that was going to be revealed at SDCC.

Oh I thought this was the all that was going to be revealed at SDCC.

No no, these are just pieces you can only get from the con or if you're lucky, through the non-attendees system.

We won't see what's unveiled at the show until the show itself, maybe a tease or something, but they've never shown anything ahead of the big one, would kill the fun for the attendees to know it all ahead of time.

Back