SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of them before. I'd do some research on them before spending any money. I've been trying to get tickets for years and never found an alternate way to get tickets. I just got lucky this year.

Hope you're ok with staying at the border of California and Mexico then (which is about a 25/30 min drive from the convention). I speak from experience from many years ago of trying to find hotel accommodations (and this was way back in 2003/2004, so I can't imagine how much more difficult it is now for those that wait till the last minute).

He's gonna have to stay at the bar from From Dusk Till Dawn.

So badges for 2015 are sold out. Each badge is unique to you... correct? So no scalping.....

But this my bucket list events site has a bunch of travel package options available for purchase. Is this a scam? They say badges will be handed to you the day of the event, it just seems very odd.....

Is this place legit? Anyone used them before?

It's possibly a scam but it could be legit. There are ways to get tickets. You just need to know the angles.

And yes, all public tickets are are unique to the buyer.

If you have a SDCC badge, you should be getting an email today about hotel registration which happens Tuesday morning at 9am PST.

Good luck! They don't call it "Hotelpocalypse" for nothing.

It's why I loved living in San diego or LA for years. Makes it much easier. Down town is a disaster around SDCC. Other then to go down for con stuff I stayed away from it.

I actually searched Facebook the other day for this. Looks like Hot Toys typically announces their Summer Fair Exclusives the first week in July.

A word of warning to those who are going. There is always a Sideshow party on Friday night at the Marriott adjacent to the Convention Center. There is a limited number of tickets available for Freaks and it usually sells out pretty quickly. Last year a specific thread was started for those tickets in the "Announcements" board here. If you look there now, you'll see it not far down from the top still.

If I see that thread go up, I'll post a link to it in here. But if you plan on going, I'd keep a close eye on that board. Last year it looks like that thread was started just over 2 weeks before SDCC, so if this year is the same it should be late this month.

I went last year, it was at a beautiful, big outdoor patio overlooking the harbor. Had a great time.

A word of warning to those who are going. There is always a Sideshow party on Friday night at the Marriott adjacent to the Convention Center. There is a limited number of tickets available for Freaks and it usually sells out pretty quickly. Last year a specific thread was started for those tickets in the "Announcements" board here. If you look there now, you'll see it not far down from the top still.

If I see that thread go up, I'll post a link to it in here. But if you plan on going, I'd keep a close eye on that board. Last year it looks like that thread was started just over 2 weeks before SDCC, so if this year is the same it should be late this month.

I went last year, it was at a beautiful, big outdoor patio overlooking the harbor. Had a great time.

I stopped by to see if it was posted yet. I was a big time loser last year and was only able to come by scaling the side of the building.

Preview night is 4 weeks from tonight. Panels are starting to get announced - Star Wars Friday in Hall H. WB Super Heroes Saturday night in Hall H.

Also I know this guy, he's a local SDCC Expert. This is a great page to use to keep up on all of the announced exclusives. This page will probably be updated daily from here on out:

https://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/2015-exclusives/

Last edited:
I won't be doing any kind of coverage thread this year. So I'm leaving it up to someone else to do that. There are enough sites that give all the exclusives and panels.

Last year the announcement for the SSF party was made in the Announcements board at the top of the forum. It hasn't popped up yet, but when I see it there I'll also try to post in here (unless someone beats me to it). It should be some time this coming week. Last year it went up about 2 weeks before SDCC started.

Back