SDCC 2013 Help Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
If any going would want to help me out..let me know..I just need one thing picked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I see these kinds of threads, I open them hoping someone starts with the intention of actually helping others, rather than soliciting help. . .I am inevitably disappointed :lol

I always feel bad asking for help. From the little bit I have heard it can become a real hassel and take away from the enjoyment of the Con (hopefully someday I will actually make it to one).

Now if someone was to offer to pick up extra when they are already planning on being in line for it I would ask polietly. :pray: (if anybody is picking up Azog and wants to lug around extras........) :rotfl

That's the way to go. You probably ended up worrying more about getting what was on a list than doing what you wanted to do.

That one year I did. Now, I just help a little if it is a line I know I might be in for one of the few exclusives I get.

Whenever I see these kinds of threads, I open them hoping someone starts with the intention of actually helping others, rather than soliciting help. . .I am inevitably disappointed :lol

I did that one year, not a good idea :lol

I did this once for people. It became more of a hassle than it was worth.

Yep :lecture I've helped others who have helped me with other cons (C2E2) to return the favor, but I don't really go planning on helping anyone specifically. Largely due to the lack of room in my suitcase on the plane. But I'm driving this year, so that won't be an issue this time. So I'll probably get my max of things I'm already in line for this year and see who I can help that way.

i hate that the price on these items go WAAAAAY up.

Well, if you ever knew the experience it was to get them, you wouldn't be so angry. If I ever missed SDCC, I wouldn't balk at paying ebay prices because I know the expense and time involved in getting the items.

Hate to ask but Id like to ask for help from anyone going. Looking for the NECA Friday the 13th Exclusive and HASBRO Transformers/GI JOE Exclusive sets. Anyone PM if you can help on one or the other. Thanks.

Well, if you ever knew the experience it was to get them, you wouldn't be so angry. If I ever missed SDCC, I wouldn't balk at paying ebay prices because I know the expense and time involved in getting the items.

Yeah, but for some of those scalpers/dealers who get in early, it's just a drive down the street.

Need to get a superman aardman and a rancor

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

I tried helping someone once... I wasn't able to score anything. It's ridiculously difficult in some instances.

For those who have never been, I don't think you appreciate the madhouse the event is. You think you know, but it's really a whole different animal.

That being said, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

First place I would go to if I were at SDCC this year would be the CN booth for free Adventure Time swag.

at5.png

Back