Scariest Game for the 360?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
so guys i'm really looking for a good scary game out for the 360 as im sure a lot of ppl are, i know there arent a lot of titles 2 choose from, but wandering which one u guys think is the scariest? i know we got our condemned games,silent hill, soon 2 b resident evil, dead space, FEAR, and so on............so which one will give me a good scare? :horror mind u the overall aspect of the game is important as well, not just the scary elements.....

Here's some advice: Since the Xbox 360 supports backwards compatibility with original Xbox games, pick up a copy of Fatal Frame or Fatal Frame 2. These games are scarier than anything currently out on the 360.

If you want something a little more recent, I suggest Condemned 2. The latest Silent Hill (Homecoming) isn't as frightening as the previous games in the series. Dead Space, for all it's awesomeness, isn't that scary (at least, to me).

i think all of the ones mentioned have a lot of moments where you're like "oh s@#$!" so you can't go wrong...I'd pick the better game out of those mentioned. do you like having weapons as opposed to picking up objects that are in the environment, e.g. Condemned picking up pipes and the occasional handgun. Condemned does have the investigative gameply to it too though. i'd pick Bioshock(not horror but creepy/freaky) or Dead Space because to me they are better games(or more the type game I like)than Silent Hill, etc. although SH is more "horror"(specifically the story) where Dead Space is a space horror like Aliens and Bioshock is....well that one is hard to classify. RE5 doesn't come out till next year so I wouldn't count it if you want a game now. I like having alot of weapons around in my games...makes me feel safer. :D

Portal.

For some reason that game really creeped me out. I kept expecting a human to be around the corner. I won't spoil it for you whether you ever meet one.

Nascar 09. Every time you turned it on you were scared to death that your profile would lock up and be lost.

Condemned: Criminal Origins or Dead Space.......Condemned 1 was actually scary and disturbing to see what was going on. Dead Space wasn't really scary, but it would make you jump at times.

yeah.....i have been sorta leaning towards condemned 2........mind u i havent played any of the recent "scary" games but i defn loved the classic RE games. with condemned, u get 2 just pick up weapons and beat the crap out of crazies right? thats the kind of game i like, shooting is fun and all, but beating the crap outta someone is more 2 my tastes :maul

I didn't like Condemned. Didn't scare me at all and the always dark settings got old after awhile. Hopefully the second one is better. The game that scared me the most was Resident Evil 4. Can't wait for the new one to come out.

I loved Condemned (one) myself - I jumped a couple of times, though it got a bit long winded in the end.

I liked SH: Homecoming a lot - its getting mixed reviews, but if you like Silent Hill, the game will not disappoint

I hear Dead Space is good, though I am afraid it is a Doom 3 knockoff...

I look forward to Alan Wake (new trailer is out at Alan Wake forums as of today)

I look forward to Heavy Rain (on PS3)

I loved Condemned (one) myself - I jumped a couple of times, though it got a bit long winded in the end.

I liked SH: Homecoming a lot - its getting mixed reviews, but if you like Silent Hill, the game will not disappoint

I hear Dead Space is good, though I am afraid it is a Doom 3 knockoff...

I look forward to Alan Wake (new trailer is out at Alan Wake forums as of today)

I look forward to Heavy Rain (on PS3)

It's a win-win, right? You might as well try Dead Space. In the worse case scenario, it's just like Doom 3 like you said, but Doom 3 rocks, so no harm done.

Having already finished Dead Space, I do think it takes a lot of cues from horror games like Doom 3, but the game has it's own creative flourishes.

It didn't scare me though. To tell you the truth, the only current gen horror games that have managed to do that are the 2 Condemned games.

It's a win-win, right? You might as well try Dead Space. In the worse case scenario, it's just like Doom 3 like you said, but Doom 3 rocks, so no harm done.

Having already finished Dead Space, I do think it takes a lot of cues from horror games like Doom 3, but the game has it's own creative flourishes.

It didn't scare me though. To tell you the truth, the only current gen horror games that have managed to do that are the 2 Condemned games.

Thanks for your thoughts on D.S. - I will be playing it - just a matter of when. I am holding out for some prequel movie on board the ship - from the time they picked up the Marker.....then I will play. So many good games out right now - or coming out soon!

The first Condemned game had fantastic atmosphere; Condemned 2 started a bit rough but got good toward the middle and end - I would play a Condemned 3...

i'll be renting Dead Space this weekend, but i'll be apprehensive while playing it. IMO the only good silent hill games were the first two. resident evil is still one of the best horror games around and they seem to keep getting better.

Back