Scalping is discouraged on this forum, and so shouldn't all pro scalping posts also b

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true, everyone knows those statues are only for satanists and nazis.

No, not Nazis. Maybe Satanists. Definitely people with gory tastes.
I think horror has no redeeming social value whatsoever. I don't like seeing gore for its own sake, and I don't like seeing innocent people being killed. On the other hand, if Jason only went after drug dealers and rapists, then I'd break out the popcorn. I think there is potential for a new vigilante horror genre. Chop off the hands of dealers, yeah!! Chainsaw to the carjackers and gang members and mafia!

No, not Nazis. Maybe Satanists. Definitely people with gory tastes.
I think horror has no redeeming social vale whatsoever.

I don't care for gore myself but is it wrong to enjoy horror for the cool factor? What I mean is, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a film or collectible because you find the characters attire cool.

Eg. Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, etc.

Plus suspense is very entertaining imo.

I don't think Jason slaughtering car jackers would have the same impact as killing bikini clad virgins.

p.s. I'm a member of the Church of Satan and I don't like the PZ series either.

I don't care for gore myself but is it wrong to enjoy horror for the cool factor? What I mean is, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a film or collectible because you find the characters attire cool.

Eg. Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, etc.

Plus suspense is very entertaining imo.

Whatever you say Dr. Satan. :lecture :rotfl

I do want to be fair. You SEEM to have many rather amoral tendencies to me. But if you deny being amoral, I am not going to accuse you of being absolutely amoral. I will take it back gladly, since you deny it. However I find many of your positions to on economics to be indeed amoral. Amoral is not the same as immoral.

"Amoralism is the complete absence of moral beliefs, and/or the unequivocal belief that the theory of morality is immaterial.[1][2]

Though often associated with immoralism, the two are fundamentally different.[1] Immoralism is a system that does not accept moral principles and directly opposes morality, while amoralism does not even consider the existence of morality plausible.[3]"
Aside from this, you seem to agree with me that you agree with some of the tenets of modern Satanism. Based on that, and the fact that the devil is in your name, don't you think that you being a Satanist might be a reasonable speculation?

Not unreasonable, just silly. Satanism is hedonist; I am not.

My objections to your position are moral objections. I do not believe that your ethics are moral. If I were amoral, I wouldn't have said anything.

What I do not believe in is law being used to advance moral agendas. Just because I think crack should be legal, it does not mean that I regard it's use as moral. It simply means I believe that other people deserve the exact same freedom under the law as I do. Their lack of belief in my moral perspective is not cause to hold a gun to their head and demand that they obey.

Not unreasonable, just silly. Satanism is hedonist; I am not.

My objections to your position are moral objections. I do not believe that your ethics are moral. If I were amoral, I wouldn't have said anything.

What I do not believe in is law being used to advance moral agendas. Just because I think crack should be legal, it does not mean that I regard it's use as moral. It simply means I believe that other people deserve the exact same freedom under the law as I do. Their lack of belief in my moral perspective is not cause to hold a gun to their head and demand that they obey.

Laws are supposed to made to ensure the most good for the most people. Example: It is against the law the drive the wrong way on the freeway because people could get killed. With drugs, if they were legal, they would be easier to obtain, and thus more people would do them, thus destroying their lives and damaging their epigenetics, which damages the gene pool.

Uh oh.. Religious Talk.

ibtl2f.gif

Laws are supposed to made to ensure the most good for the most people.

So what about the people who they don't ensure the good for? What about the minority? The fringe? We just take for granted that those people get screwed, and forget about it with happy little accolades to ourselves that most people will be ok?

Blackthornone said:
Example: It is against the law the drive the wrong way on the freeway because people could get killed.

Not to ensure the greatest good of the greatest number, but to protect the rights to life of everyone on the road. People don't have a right to endanger other people's lives, and laws that distinguish right of way are necessary for safe roads.

Blackthornone said:
With drugs, if they were legal, they would be easier to obtain, and thus more people would do them, thus destroying their lives and damaging their epigenetics, which damages the gene pool.

Those lives are the property and responsibility of the people doing drugs, and the good of the majority has no claim on them. The gene pool? Their genes do not belong to society, just as their lives do not. Society is composed of individuals and is not an entity independent of them. It isn't an entity at all, in fact. Society is an abstraction denoting the aggregate of individuals, and they are not interchangable. The individual does not exist for the sake of society, and society has no right to dictate the actions of any of us. You cannot protect people from themselves, and if the consistency of drug use under prohibition is any indication, such laws don't actually protect them.

So no, the purpose of law is not to protect the greatest number of individuals. It is to protect all individuals, but then only from violations of their Constitutionally granted (natural) rights. Drug laws in particular are such a violation, and those who perpetuate them should be held accountable for all of the strife they have created.

Last edited:
This was probably brought up in the almost, infintinte number of posts, but how is scalping relevant to OUR collecting habits? Hot Toys, SS, ect...I mean, you cant order more then 2....plus they're hugely expensive.

Now if this was a NECA or McF forum...I can understand, and would be on the Scalping is lame side.

But since we're not...it doesnt bother me....

This was probably brought up in the almost, infintinte number of posts, but how is scalping relevant to OUR collecting habits? Hot Toys, SS, ect...I mean, you cant order more then 2....plus they're hugely expensive.

Now if this was a NECA or McF forum...I can understand, and would be on the Scalping is lame side.

But since we're not...it doesnt bother me....

There are people who use multiple accounts in order to circumvent the rules and buy more than is allowed.

There are people who use multiple accounts in order to circumvent the rules and buy more than is allowed.

Big deal, it happens in all walks of life. Theres nothing you can do about it except refuse to buy off the scalpers.

Back