Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that Ironman :dunno- I'm gone. That's my last whipping/argument and/or misunderstanding. I'll keep in touch with all of you long enough and get your monies back to each of you.

Jess/Sticks/Jungle and Dr. Zaius - It's been a real pleasure. It was great getting to know each of you. Bye. ~Angel~

Keep in touch via e-mail. If I can ever help the 4 of you, i certainly will. You've all proven to be good friends.

Angel, I love you you like an ape brethren, for contributing to this thread and helping all of us out. But, grow up. I have had this a couple of times with you. It appears that you are the only person able to be insulted or feel slighted or injured. You are angered/sickened by Kfog's reaction to not getting his heads in the time he feels he should have. This is understandable. we all rose to you defense. No thanks were necessary or required but when I interpreted something you said, perhaps other than the way you meant it, that was not alright. Again, it was you who was under attack? Then what, I'm no longer a friend like the other "4 of you" ?
I thought we we better than that. Apparently not. If this is how you truly feel, then take you ball and go home.
I, for one, am sickened by how quickly and in such a short few posts this thread that has survived for years is spiraling to a close.
The paranoia, lack of loyalty and wrongful accusations/interpretations are not worth it.
I enjoyed all the time here with ALL of you and have received great items and even greater insight and ideas from you as well. There weren't many that frequented here and that seemed to make this an even tighter "family" but, I guess like all families, we were destined to grow apart eventually.
I will ask Dave if it is possible to LOCK this thread before it spirals even more.
If any of you would like I had started a seperate thread:
https://p103.ezboard.com/fonesixthplayhousefrm2.showMessage?topicID=19.topic
for posting when this board was going thru its posting problems. Feel free to rebuild over there if you so desire. If not, so be it.
I will miss you all here in Central City as I venture out to the FZ.
Good Bye.

Good night guys. I am logging off too. I just had a latte and ate two slices of espresso brownies. It is going to be a long and sleepless night for me, I am afraid. :monkey2 Tomorrow I will be busy trying to get some shelving done for my market scene and then dry brushing and finishing the fruit and completing the dress rack. There is so much I want to accomplish and so little time. Thank goodness for the 3-day weekend.

Sticks--can you tell me what you used for the bars of your jail again? I don't want to backtrack on this thread. I only want to march onward. I have a sense of how I want to make a wall with bars but I needed some direction.

Jess.

Thanks a bunch Jessica. I can't believe you ate so late. I want to eventually make another cage after seeing the films again. For the bars I used clothes hangers, and left the bends and twists in the bars.

Those clothes hangers worked really well.

I wonder if the outside exercise cage could be made using them?

Wow, after reading what I had just read, i think I will take a break. I was hoping to have a big weekend working on this huge ever growing city so I could share some pictures with everyone. I'm going to check back in a day or two, and hopefully this thread will not be locked as this is the only place I like to frequent. I'm going to start my morning with a big cup of coffee, and hope this thread rebounds into a family affair again. Hopefully I will find you all here when I return. :peace

Wow, after reading what I had just read, i think I will take a break. I was hoping to have a big weekend working on this huge ever growing city so I could share some pictures with everyone. I'm going to check back in a day or two, and hopefully this thread will not be locked as this is the only place I like to frequent. I'm going to start my morning with a big cup of coffee, and hope this thread rebounds into a family affair again. Hopefully I will find you all here when I return. :peace

These are my sentiments exactly. I woke up after a not so restful night of being stoked on caffeine and checked in as soon as I could this morning. Needless to say, the very mention of the Forbidden Zone sent chills down my spine and I logged off with such a heavy heart. :monkey2 I am forever an optimist and will continue to be so. This is the only thread that I care about and I for one am not ready to see it torn apart. If there was a way for me to wish all of the misunderstandings away and forever banish it to a burp in the Hasslein Curve I would do whatever I could to make that happen. I am asking all of the ape brethren to stand united, to remain together, and to keep the Planet of the Apes alive.

Jess.

Well...

It looks as though Kfog is gone, he has pulled all of his posts, wrapped up his tent and is heading for the forbidden zone.

My hope is that Angel comes back and things will slowly get back to normal here.

Greetings to all who venture back to this place.

I am with you Stickman. I sure hope that this thread doesn't close. I admit I am not on often, but with taking care of my mom time is not a freind of mine. But I do enjoy this post and all of you who contribute. It would be a real shame to loose contact with all of you. Your projects and customs are always a hope for me that Sideshow will one day revisit the Planet of the Apes line when they see that the love of the Apes is not dead. Stickman, I hope you continue to work on your Ape City. From what I have seen so far, it looks awesome. And I haven't had a real chance to talk to you Jess, but your customs are very realistic also! And Angel, you still take the cake with your projects. I hope that the disagreements can be settled and we can reunite in peace. I don't think Caesar's war cry of "Fight Like Apes" was ment for us to fight each other. Don't forget, "Ape Shall Not KILL Ape". Here is hoping that peace will rebound and the customs will continue!
-John-

Check out the new hairdo of my Mego. I also repainted her face to get rid of her eyebrows and her lipstick. I used Apoxie to add more hair. By the time I was done the sun was gone and my digital camera doesn't take great photos with a flash.
lab029.jpg

Check out the new hairdo of my Mego. I also repainted her face to get rid of her eyebrows and her lipstick. I used Apoxie to add more hair. By the time I was done the sun was gone and my digital camera doesn't take great photos with a flash.
lab029.jpg

Jessica, Your Zira Mego looks outstanding! She actually looks like the movie version! When I first saw your picture I thought she was Sideshows Zira. Good Job!!!!
Are you going to redo a Cornelius?

Jessica, Your Zira Mego looks outstanding! She actually looks like the movie version! When I first saw your picture I thought she was Sideshows Zira. Good Job!!!!
Are you going to redo a Cornelius?

Yes, I plan on re-doing Cornelius. I hate how he has lipstick, too...and his hair needs grooming.

I kind of thought the same thing... Posts appearing... Disappearing...

What gives?

Anyway, glad you have ventured back! It's been quiet...

I kind of thought the same thing... Posts appearing... Disappearing...

What gives?

Anyway, glad you have ventured back! It's been quiet...

I am still hoping that once the dust settles the ape brethren will come back and all will be well once again. I hate how quiet it's been. It's the mutants working their thought process on us. Get out of my head!!

Jess.

I didn't really do much today except I did take a 2 hour power nap, which never happens. I also photographed my O.R. table and worked a bit on a wall with "metal" rods (I used oven baked clay) because I didn't want to deal with cutting clothes hangers with a metal cutter.
lab035.jpg

Jess.

I'm sure most will trickle back to Central City, but sadly, I believe some feelings were hurt unnecessarily. I hope the man who's name was sullied will realize there are a majority of people here who really care for him and miss him.

Back