Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While out on a nearby excursion I decided to drop by the city. It sure has been a long time between visits. Wow Chris' Ship looks great. I love the interior shot, very cool.

Great job Jessica, it's really nice to see you still churning custom content. Your work is amazing. I really missed seeing your art, and it will most likely be a long time till I see it again, keep it up.

I'm off to Little Big Horn, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower and Gettysburg. I nice long road trip. Talk to Simian Freaks later. :peace

Here she is again, with a bit more work:
dsc04085z.jpg

Is there no end to your talents, Jess?

That is a great first effort. Hell, it's great effortregardless of the number. :clap:clap:clap

I guess you have been sculpting the chimp muzzle in both Mego and 1:6 scale why not full scale!

You getting to know the chimp look VERY well! :wink1:

While out on a nearby excursion I decided to drop by the city. It sure has been a long time between visits. Wow Chris' Ship looks great. I love the interior shot, very cool.

Great job Jessica, it's really nice to see you still churning custom content. Your work is amazing. I really missed seeing your art, and it will most likely be a long time till I see it again, keep it up.

I'm off to Little Big Horn, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower and Gettysburg. I nice long road trip. Talk to Simian Freaks later. :peace

That sounds like quite a trip, Sticks. Enjoy yourself! :wave

Enjoy Sticks, and stay safe!!

I found this today while looking for Zira photos as reference for my sculpt:
apes-chuckgorilla.jpg

Forgot to say thanks, PZ....gotta keep trying.

Here is the sculpt before baking. I decided to remove the feathered edges, and I will resculpt that once I am able to get a positive of the plastic face:
dsc04105c.jpg

Here it is after it's cooled off. Remember, it's just hard clay now. I still have to make the mold so that I can fluff it up with foam latex and then bake that.
dsc04108r.jpg

Last edited:
Looking GREAT, Jess!!! Keep us posted on your progress. :clap

For those who care here is more news on the new Ape film:

Don Cheadle in Talks for "Planet of the Apes" Prequel

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that Frida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire) and Don Cheadle (Iron Man 2) have been offered roles in 20th Century Fox's upcoming "Planet of the Apes" prequel, called "Rise of the Apes."

If cast, Pinto and Cheadle will join James Franco (Pineapple Express) in the film described as an origin story that deals with the aftermath of man's experiments with genetic engineering that lead to the development of intelligence in apes and onset of war for supremacy. Franco will play a driven scientist who becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes.

Fox is planning to create CG apes and to release the film, directed by Ruper Wyatt (The Escapist), on June 24th, 2011.

Cheadle... the new McDonald?

Jess, I hate to be the one to throw a monkey-wrench(sorry, couldn't help it) in your project, but have you ever tried to make a plaster mold from a solid pattern?If you have ANY undercuts, the piece will NOT come out of the mold(at least not in 1 piece). Plaster molds require a soft pattern, and, unfortunately, foam latex requires a hard mold, preferably plaster. Something to do with absorption of the ammonia if I remember correctly...PS

Jess, I hate to be the one to throw a monkey-wrench(sorry, couldn't help it) in your project, but have you ever tried to make a plaster mold from a solid pattern?If you have ANY undercuts, the piece will NOT come out of the mold(at least not in 1 piece). Plaster molds require a soft pattern, and, unfortunately, foam latex requires a hard mold, preferably plaster. Something to do with absorption of the ammonia if I remember correctly...PS

GaaaaaahhH!!! Oh...dang...you're right! I only have knowledge about rubber molds...and I was not thinking this through. In any case, it was super easy to make Zira's face, and since I have this sculpt under my belt, to do another one is no big deal. (or so she says, right? har har....)

When I do make my Ultracal30 run on Monday, I'll see if they (going to go to the Clay People in Richmond) have a type of clay that I could use...something I don't have to massage through a pasta maker, something ready. I have no patience to soften up clay.

Looking GREAT, Jess!!! Keep us posted on your progress. :clap

For those who care here is more news on the new Ape film:

Don Cheadle in Talks for "Planet of the Apes" Prequel

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that Frida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire) and Don Cheadle (Iron Man 2) have been offered roles in 20th Century Fox's upcoming "Planet of the Apes" prequel, called "Rise of the Apes."

If cast, Pinto and Cheadle will join James Franco (Pineapple Express) in the film described as an origin story that deals with the aftermath of man's experiments with genetic engineering that lead to the development of intelligence in apes and onset of war for supremacy. Franco will play a driven scientist who becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes.

Fox is planning to create CG apes and to release the film, directed by Ruper Wyatt (The Escapist), on June 24th, 2011.

Cheadle... the new McDonald?

Cheadle is a great actor. He'd look better under a John Chambers type apes mask, though. I'm going to have to just stop grumbling and see if Hollywood can make a good film. One can only hope, right?

Ironman - I don't know what more I can say to you. You've had several opportunities to purchase it and for one reason or another you dragged your feet and missed those opportunities to other people. You never committed on any of them. I certainly don't appreciate your inappropriate comments, as I have done nothing dishonest to you as you make claim. I have simply chosen not to do business with you any more because you've made things ugly. I'm not going try and belittle you as you have to me. I don't care for that bully mentally that you've shown here. No one here (or anywhere) should ever have to tolerate that. I understand one thing between us - we both disagree on this. Where's Judge Judy? End of rant. Now it’s my turn for a pill. :chillpill:

Jessica - Here are a couple things I recently did. Nothing like the beautiful mask you did. Well done, that chimp mask is simply stunning! I can’t believe how well that came out. Wow! Your work certainly gives me some added hope for when I get back to work to Lady Liberty. Here are some pictures that are small potatoes compared to your chimp mask. But I finally got an extra set of Sideshow chimp clothes and put them under the armor as Ironman suggested long ago. It looks so much better to me. Thanks for the input on that IM.

I also have the 4th member of my Kiss Apes done. As you can see, I’m still “hairing up” the bodies of Paul and Peter because they both wear minimal clothing compared to Ace and Gene. Once that’s done, I plan on dying their clothes that official Planet of the Apes plum color. I want their costumes to be apelike and would prefer that to black Kiss costumes.

Jess, you should be able to use regular old plasticene(like the stuff they gave us in grade school). If you've been setting up rubber molds, I assume you have some on hand, but any good art supply store should have it in bulk. The only down side is that you have to be careful about touching it(fingerprints,you know)...PS

Ironman - I don't know what more I can say to you. You've had several opportunities to purchase it and for one reason or another you dragged your feet and missed those opportunities to other people. You never committed on any of them. I certainly don't appreciate your inappropriate comments, as I have done nothing dishonest to you as you make claim. I have simply chosen not to do business with you any more because you've made things ugly. I'm not going try and belittle you as you have to me. I don't care for that bully mentally that you've shown here. No one here (or anywhere) should ever have to tolerate that. I understand one thing between us - we both disagree on this. Where's Judge Judy? End of rant. Now it’s my turn for a pill. :chillpill:

Honestly, yes I lost out on the first offer due to finances not being there. Totally my fault. But are you saying that you never said you'd make one for me when I had the funds, then decided not to make anymore? Or that you didn't just ignore my querie on this last one without even responding back to me if it was or was not available until after you sold it to someone else.
I've made things ugly? C'mon Angel. How many times have you come in here and made comments belittling others because they didn't swoop on the chance to buy something of yours? Or rant a bit because the rave reviews on one of your customs wasn't as much as you'd like? I have also been told one several occasions by others how your attitude is annoying and how you easily "rub the wrong way". They choose to tolerate the child with a tantrum, I do not. If this is offensive to you, or your brother-in-law, I apologize.
If free speech is bullying than perhaps America isn't what it used to be. A pity.
There is no denying that your work is exceptional. There is no denying that your customs have certainly raised the bar, at least as far as Planet of the Apes goes. Unfortunately your people skills in terms of communication may need a bit of work. According to you and Shompdog, perhaps mine might as well.
You don't want to do business with me? Thats fine.

Angel the KISS apes are rocking!! I totally love them and can't wait to see them completed. Paul and Peter look really fabulous! The paint application on them is really great. They look just like their characters!!

Tomorrow I'm going to buy some clay and Ultracal. This foam latex thing is really something I need to do for myself...it's driving me nuts not being able to do anything all weekend. Actually, I sewed an outfit and I need to sew another. I have two Mego scale outfits to sew and one 1:6 outfit (karate suit). Sewing's not as fun as sculpting.

If I had to choose a favorite thing to do in customizing it is sculpting first, painting second, sewing last. I'd rather sew 1:1 scale. It's way easier. Mego scale, so much smaller than 1:6 scale is difficult to sew for.

Angel I bet that if you ever decided to sculpt your own gorilla mask, you would have no problem since you've been sculpting gorillas for awhile. There's gel foam too but I heard hot foam works best for John Chambers type masks. The gel stuff is a bit heavy I heard...I looked at my oven again and a Zira mold should fit in there ok...a gorilla mask may not fit though because of its size. I will have to surf and see what people have done with home made hot foam ovens.

Last edited:
Guys news on the apevine says that the exclusive Cornelius Conspiracy cards have slowly been making their way to various households. I have not received mine yet, but if you have ordered the poster that came with the cards and dogtags, you should be getting one soon.

Well that's bloody disappointing! I drove the kids through the Iron Triangle after their swimming lessons to find the Clay People and the minimum amount of Ultracal30 to purchase is 50 pounds. That's it. No more waiting. I'm ordering this now online.

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally snoozed on that Cornelius card. :slap

And considering that I really didn't like the posters too much at SDCC last year, I really couldn't pull the trigger and buy them just to get the card. Hopefully I might be able to get one for trade somewhere down the line.

Perhaps they might have extras of him at SDCC next month. :pray:

Speaking of which, I'm be trying to score a few extra cards that are going to be available at SDCC '10 for some people on this board. Hopefully, I can snatch a good amount fo each. :hi5:

Honestly, yes I lost out on the first offer due to finances not being there. Totally my fault. But are you saying that you never said you'd make one for me when I had the funds, then decided not to make anymore? Or that you didn't just ignore my querie on this last one without even responding back to me if it was or was not available until after you sold it to someone else.
I've made things ugly? C'mon Angel. How many times have you come in here and made comments belittling others because they didn't swoop on the chance to buy something of yours? Or rant a bit because the rave reviews on one of your customs wasn't as much as you'd like? I have also been told one several occasions by others how your attitude is annoying and how you easily "rub the wrong way". They choose to tolerate the child with a tantrum, I do not. If this is offensive to you, or your brother-in-law, I apologize.
If free speech is bullying than perhaps America isn't what it used to be. A pity.
There is no denying that your work is exceptional. There is no denying that your customs have certainly raised the bar, at least as far as Planet of the Apes goes. Unfortunately your people skills in terms of communication may need a bit of work. According to you and Shompdog, perhaps mine might as well.
You don't want to do business with me? Thats fine.

My gosh Ironman - you really to step up the dose on your medication and then chill out. :chillpill:

Hot off the apevine!!

Drew from BLAMVentures says,

"Also, those who ordered the complete package in early 2010 and waited until now to receive everything, I have thrown in a little special something - an as of yet unannounced print that we will be making available for sale in the next couple of weeks. What is the art for this print? Here is a hint: Jessica will be happy."

what could it be????? what could it be?????? oh the agony of waiting....:panic::bounce:panic::bounce::panic:

Back