Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish neca did a POTA figure in the 1/4 scale. Just the one and I'll be happy.

I thought that since the Gorilla Soldier sold well for them that a quarter scale figure of him was a possibility.

Not any more.

I bet this question has been asked and answered before, but has anyone tried a body swap on their old Sideshow POTA figures? I have Dr. Zaius, Cornelius and Zira and was wondering if anyone had tried.

^
Yes, Because I hate rag doll loose 1/6 scale bodies, I have replaced all my SS ape bodies. It was expensive but I bought many HT bodies.

It wasn't too difficult. :)

IMG_5142 share ht sign.jpg

I wanted to do some body swapping back when the Sideshow Apes were released (2004-2005), but I had a hard time finding a better body (I believe there were no Hot Toys TrueType bodies then) that sported neck post that was compatible with what Sideshow used for their Ape line. So I was stuck with those damn Buck bodies.

That's a nice 1:6 scale gorilla army TDP. I, like PZ, always thought that the HT True Types didn't take the roto cast head sculpts of SideShow. Did you have to do any alterations to the neck? Also, were you able to swap the hands out easily?

^
Thanks. :hi5: I was able to acquire a few ape items over the years from Angel, Jessica (1/6 scale ape heads), and many others.

I used several body versions including the TTM-18, TTM-14, TTM-21, parted out bodies, and of course the HT clone bodies. I also used some short bodies (Dragon in Dream / DID), even a Bruce Lee body for various heights.

I heat up the ape hands in hot water so they fit on the hand pegs easier.

Black high performance hot glue is my choice for head attachment. For the resin heads, I usually drill / Dremel (almost hollow out) out a head and hot glue a HT neck plug. This allows many heads to be interchangeable on my custom figures.

I've posted previously, but here are some of my custom projects, purchased/modified figures. (I wish I could paint better.)

Apes Bash.JPG

Apes from AngelofMusic2112 and Jessica's sculpts group shot.jpg

IMG_6843 20.jpg

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

zombie chimps vs Burke and Virdon and Galen.jpg

Yes, I bought those awesome props from Angel. I also purchased several completed figures and various heads. One of Angel's great gorilla heads had such an "attitude," I had to give him a special short body. :)

Thanks

You are one lucky collector, you scored big. That little gorilla sure looks mean, and those Chimps look nasty! It appears that you have a lot of the HT Uniforms, where did you get so many? How many do you have?

^
Thanks. :hi5: I was able to acquire a few ape items over the years from Angel, Jessica (1/6 scale ape heads), and many others.

I used several body versions including the TTM-18, TTM-14, TTM-21, parted out bodies, and of course the HT clone bodies. I also used some short bodies (Dragon in Dream / DID), even a Bruce Lee body for various heights.

I heat up the ape hands in hot water so they fit on the hand pegs easier.

Black high performance hot glue is my choice for head attachment. For the resin heads, I usually drill / Dremel (almost hollow out) out a head and hot glue a HT neck plug. This allows many heads to be interchangeable on my custom figures.

I've posted previously, but here are some of my custom projects, purchased/modified figures. (I wish I could paint better.)

Thanks for the advice :D You have a lot of amazing POTA customs.

^
Thanks. :duff I am happy to help.

I have more than a few. :monkey3 I have been buying for years. I dyed several of the SS uniforms to closely match the HT versions. I have been fortunate to buy some collectors' apes to give them a good home. :)

One of these years, I would love to build a General Ursus speech diorama. Some of the masters here have created some awesome inspirational dioramas.

Thanks again. :D

Back