Premium Format Savage Opress Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Savage Opress

Yeah wow.. A lot of emotions but have to agree.. so is bigger then felonis crew and their decisions.
I don't get the name change on koribian. ..

lol holy crap talk about a rant.

I didn't want to bother keeping up with all the SW books and canon. I'm more of a casual SW fan and I'm not ashamed to admit that at all. If I am to accept the prequel films as canon, than I can easily live with this cartoon being canon. Even some of the "out there" stuff that some fans felt took away from the OT, like "Mortis", the witches planet or other weird worlds, I loved because it gave me a new way of looking at everything. And like I said earlier, it gave us many great characters or at least some improved renditions. Not all, but many.

As for Savage and Maul: I agree and disagree. I thought Maul was more interesting with the mystery he had in the first film. Seeing him come back with the same voice as Starkiller was a bit underwhelming. I thought Savage Opress was a good enough tie-in to Maul that he could have carried his own episodes and been different enough to not just feel like a generic clone, but garner the interest of fans of the character and his look. If you can accept that witchcraft would exist in the SW universe (and why wouldn't it) than a monster being born from that to attack jedi/sith is something that is easily acceptable. Savage was given backstory and his character becoming exciting and interesting all the way until he returned to Mother Talzin. At that point, where Savage had just fought off Dooku, Asajj, Anakin, and Obi-Wan (while raising alarm among the leaders of the Jedi Counsel), he was an X-factor in a huge war and a threat to everybody. And it should have stayed that way until hopefully he was able to find out who truly wronged him and manipulated him and then found his honor that he once had and maybe became a dark jedi. All those high hopes I had for his character's evolution were dashed the moment Maul's face appeared on that giant magic ball. I knew that Savage's reign was short-lived and it was soon about to become Maul's show. And while Savage did grow in power and showed some crazy abilities with the force, you always knew that he was Maul's tool/henchman. And they really could have made Savage so different from Maul the dynamic would have been far more interesting. Imagine if he killed Asajj, so many people would have rioted lol.

But even still, that Maul/Savage/Sidious fight was one of the coolest moments I've seen in any SW-related media. And this show had many of those kinds of moments in my opinion.

lol holy crap talk about a rant.

I didn't want to bother keeping up with all the SW books and canon. I'm more of a casual SW fan and I'm not ashamed to admit that at all. If I am to accept the prequel films as canon, than I can easily live with this cartoon being canon. Even some of the "out there" stuff that some fans felt took away from the OT, like "Mortis", the witches planet or other weird worlds, I loved because it gave me a new way of looking at everything. And like I said earlier, it gave us many great characters or at least some improved renditions. Not all, but many.

As for Savage and Maul: I agree and disagree. I thought Maul was more interesting with the mystery he had in the first film. Seeing him come back with the same voice as Starkiller was a bit underwhelming. I thought Savage Opress was a good enough tie-in to Maul that he could have carried his own episodes and been different enough to not just feel like a generic clone, but garner the interest of fans of the character and his look. If you can accept that witchcraft would exist in the SW universe (and why wouldn't it) than a monster being born from that to attack jedi/sith is something that is easily acceptable. Savage was given backstory and his character becoming exciting and interesting all the way until he returned to Mother Talzin. At that point, where Savage had just fought off Dooku, Asajj, Anakin, and Obi-Wan (while raising alarm among the leaders of the Jedi Counsel), he was an X-factor in a huge war and a threat to everybody. And it should have stayed that way until hopefully he was able to find out who truly wronged him and manipulated him and then found his honor that he once had and maybe became a dark jedi. All those high hopes I had for his character's evolution were dashed the moment Maul's face appeared on that giant magic ball. I knew that Savage's reign was short-lived and it was soon about to become Maul's show. And while Savage did grow in power and showed some crazy abilities with the force, you always knew that he was Maul's tool/henchman. And they really could have made Savage so different from Maul the dynamic would have been far more interesting. Imagine if he killed Asajj, so many people would have rioted lol.

But even still, that Maul/Savage/Sidious fight was one of the coolest moments I've seen in any SW-related media. And this show had many of those kinds of moments in my opinion.

It's actually the other way around for me. I felt he was too one note in TPM, where as in Clone Wars he was highly calculated, powerful, and I felt he was more intimidating than before. I feel he had a lot of potential and after seeing CW I feel he should have been given more to do in TPM. His final episode where he realizes that Sidious is coming, the look of fear on his face is priceless. The fight is something that I'll watch many times in the future.

I hate the character. I liked Maul as a silent bad ***. His resurrection was stupid and his brother, Savage, was a stupid character. And his story was part of the ****ing of the canon of my favorite star wars character (Asajj). God I hate what they did to her. I hated that they ignored her original comic look and story, and made her look like a witch, then they actually made her a literal ****ing witch!

Geez, tell us how you really feel?

P.S I disagree.

Geez, tell us how you really feel?

P.S I disagree.
I am fine with disagreement and I understand everyone else's POV on Maul and Savage. The only disagreement that I don't think I could ever understand is over what they did to Asajj. Her original story will forever be the version I choose to pretend is cannon (Especially since there is no real conclusion to her character in the show vs. her having a perfect conclusion in "Obsession"). Replacing an incredible story with a lesser one makes no sense to me. If they wanted to adapt it into a more kid friendly clone wars esque story so the whole thing was still basically cannon that would have been fine, but what they did is just silly. Regardless of what the *** hat story group decides I will forever keep copies of the "Republic" series praying one day they will flesh out the story in a better format, like one of the spinoff film(s).

I won't lie. I'm a film student and in my spare time one of the scripts I'm working on is an adaptation of her original story as a trilogy.

And you guys thought that was a rant before? That wasn't close to what I'll normally do if I get going on something :lol

It's his face I'm worried about... I think the post is the sort of maul crouched with the saber arm back and left arm forward pose.

It's actually the other way around for me. I felt he was too one note in TPM, where as in Clone Wars he was highly calculated, powerful, and I felt he was more intimidating than before. I feel he had a lot of potential and after seeing CW I feel he should have been given more to do in TPM. His final episode where he realizes that Sidious is coming, the look of fear on his face is priceless. The fight is something that I'll watch many times in the future.

I understand that. I do think he was a bit cooler when he was silent and just a phantom underneath the hood. But I do appreciate the fact that when they did bring him back he did expand as a character and had a personality. Although, I think he came back and talked too much and really didn't seem like the same character and I think that's what bothered me. It never felt like that guy in the Clone Wars was the same guy that I watched in Episode 1. Fet like a completely different person wearing the same skin...

I just have too much of a fond memory of Maul standing with the hood as the hangar doors separated and being so intrigued by this guy we knew nothing about. My imagination wondered at all the possibilities. He didn't seem like he even bothered with a plan because he was so arrogant and so sure that his physical abilities would be too much for the jedi. And they were. I mean he killed one and should have killed the other--the saga would have changed forever and that was the critical point of the prophecy imo--that and the sandpeople killing Shmi.

But Filoni and crew could have made Savage just like him. And they didn't. They vocalized him and showed who he was at heart (honorable and likable) and showed him quickly rise in power and skill. Before Maul, I think Savage's story could have ended in two pretty unique ways. 1) he could have rediscovered his honor and fought against Dooku, Ventress, and Talzin and perhaps steering him to the side of the light or maybe be a dark jedi like I said. Or 2) he could have grown so angry and powerful (and clearly he wasn't even near his potential at his death--what was he like a year in) that perhaps jedi and sith would have to combine on multiple occasions to kill him off. Either way would have been more fun than giving Maul the spotlight again it becoming another story of vengeance.

Here's for hoping we get a full reveal in this week's newsletter!

I am really nervous about the price of future star wars pfs. They are asking $440 for Thor, so a new (ever increasing) benchmark has been set.

I am a "completist" (well except for robo-maul) in this line but I think that is going to change soon. This one was a "for sure" for me, but it will have to really blow me away if SS decides to sell it for $400 plus.

I am really nervous about the price of future star wars pfs. They are asking $440 for Thor, so a new (ever increasing) benchmark has been set.

I am a "completist" (well except for robo-maul) in this line but I think that is going to change soon. This one was a "for sure" for me, but it will have to really blow me away if SS decides to sell it for $400 plus.

Agreed.
I won't even give it a second thought if he doesn't have a lightsaber, after all, he has been in several battles/situations without one.

Having purchased the Maul Mythos I would love to put this on display with it. I love both of these characters, I guess you could say I'm a Zabrak fanboy. Just hope the price is reasonable.

Im with you.. Im not a completist.. but I love to get what I like.. now.. its only what I truly LOVE when I see it.. Savage is not a must character for sure.. so this has to blow me away when I see him or I pass up. There are sooooo many cool things out there in the Star Wars world.. that I can not justify $440 for something I don't love... SSC is putting themselves out of the game with those prices ...

If they keep raising prices all of us are going to be much more selective about what we buy. Don't they get that?

I dont think it will get higher than $400 since savage is not that famous compared to thor or reeve superman which are fan favorites..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't pay more then $400 for a statue .. no matter what

I already am selective, but that price range for a PF is crazy. :panic:

To be clear, I was referring to PF pieces who's on-screen counterpart is 6-feet tall, give or take a few inches.

Naturally, if the character is larger, it should cost more.

Having said that, Savage should not be in the $400 price range unless he comes with some serious accessories and a 2nd portrait.

To be clear, I was referring to PF pieces who's on-screen counterpart is 6-feet tall, give or take a few inches.

Naturally, if the character is larger, it should cost more.

Having said that, Savage should not be in the $400 price range unless he comes with some serious accessories and a 2nd portrait.

Agreed, I would only consider paying 400+ if he came with the double bladed saber, Pike and 2 heads at the very least...

Back