Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep you do that.:wink1: My comments are for the ears of the sideshow artists how covertly grace these boards. My comments were never meant for you :lol

That's great...let me know how that work out for you. :lol Mind you, by the time they recover after reading your "the better way to judge a statue's pose IMO is to look at it's 2d image" comment it might take awhile for them to get back to you. :monkey3

Like it loathe it Sideshow has a long track record of off balance poses. Clumsy and awkward to some, dynamic to others.

But personal pose & composition preferences aside, Jerry's work is outstanding, gorgeous and powerful as usual. :clap I look forward to seeing how Sauron translates to 3D and discussing an actual statue rather than conjecture.

Exactly! Whining over something that hasn't happened [or no one's seen] is pointless. Personally, I'd rather talk about the pose once I've actually seen it myself. :monkey3

Exactly! Whining over something that hasn't happened [or no one's seen] is pointless. Personally, I'd rather talk about the pose once I've actually seen it myself. :monkey3

Then it will be too late, hey it may already be too late, but at least we hopefully conveyed our message. It's not whining, it's really just stating our opinon on a forum just like you have bro. You start calling peeps whiners and this will just turn ugly. :slap

Then it will be too late, hey it may already be too late, but at least we hopefully conveyed our message. It's not whining, it's really just stating our opinon on a forum just like you have bro. You start calling peeps whiners and this will just turn ugly. :slap

I understand what you're saying, the problem is you are never going to get everyone to agree on what constitutes the prefect pose. It's always going to come down to personal tastes or preferences which is why I always consider the issue of "which pose is more iconic?" as nonsense.

But like I said before, if you think any of this is going to result in any changes you are going to be disappointed. I think Jerry has already made it perfectly clear this project is already well underway and it certainly doesn't sound like SS is entertaining any changes at this time. I also believe it is only a small minority of collectors who have issues with the pose, certainly not enough for SS to even remotely consider making changes. :dunno

I understand what you're saying, the problem is you are never going to get everyone to agree on what constitutes the prefect pose. It's always going to come down to personal tastes or preferences which is why I always consider the issue of "which pose is more iconic?" as nonsense.

But like I said before, if you think any of this is going to result in any changes you are going to be disappointed. I think Jerry has already made it perfectly clear this project is already well underway and it certainly doesn't sound like SS is entertaining any changes at this time. I also believe it is only a small minority of collectors who have issues with the pose, certainly not enough for SS to even remotely consider making changes. :dunno

I'm not trying to get everyone to agree brother, just stating my opinion. I must have not read anything about how far the project was underway, I thought it was just into development after the concept print stage? Either way, there have been projects that were well into development where they changed aspects of it. As for the lack of an iconic imposing pose, I don't believe it's a small minority, I've seen several posts regarding that aspect of it.

Stating how much a majority a message board is tough. I mean we only make up a small % of those buying per numbers I've seen posted.

Stating how much a majority a message board is tough. I mean we only make up a small % of those buying per numbers I've seen posted.

Well from talking with peeps from my local LCS and others from conventions, many of the ones who I've talked to that don't post here share a lot of the same sentiments as here proportionwise. Heck, posters said they didn't like the Rambo PF and Emma PF and they weren't huge hits, but enough of that, back on topic.....

Well, all I can say is the negative response for the pose of ML PF was 10X that of this one and that one seemed to work out pretty well.....and it wasn't a handful of concerned collectors back then like it is for this one.....it was most collectors. :lecture

Well from talking with peeps from my local LCS and others from conventions, many of the ones who I've talked to that don't post here share a lot of the same sentiments as here proportionwise. Heck, posters said they didn't like the Rambo PF and Emma PF and they weren't huge hits, but enough of that, back on topic.....

I understand that I'd still say the overall percentage is less than 10%.

I understand that I'd still say the overall percentage is less than 10%.

Given the impact we've had with SS over the years I'd say the percentage is 5% or less. One thing is certain, we seem to have very little impact on SS's ES numbers or sales. :lecture

Doesn't matter about actual percentages or the made up ones you guys are projecting, like any cross section of society the sentiments are mirrored somewhat proportionally across all the collectors. ML did ok, but could have been a way bigger hit if it was posed less awkwardly. Anyways, all that doesn't matter, why are we even debating proportions, our opinion is our input. The right and ability to state our opinion should have no bearing on that. Now let's get back on topic instead of debating silly percentages.

Doesn't matter about actual percentages or the made up ones you guys are projecting, like any cross section of society the sentiments are mirrored somewhat proportionally across all the collectors. ML did ok, but could have been a way bigger hit if it was posed less awkwardly. Anyways, all that doesn't matter, why are we even debating proportions, our opinion is our input. The right and ability to state our opinion should have no bearing on that. Now let's get back on topic instead of debating silly percentages.

Those percentages are not "made up" they come directly from SS and they do matter. The smaller the number of concerned collectors the less likely SS is going to do anything about this or any other product they produce. As for the LOTR licence....the only time SS ever made an alteration was when they replaced the intended doll hair for Galadriel with sculpted hair.

And considering how both versions of the ML were sold out prior to shipping and that only a handful of reg. edition ever made it on 2nd chance I'm not quite sure how you conclude it could have been a "way bigger hit" than it already was. :confused:

Those percentages are not "made up" they come directly from SS and they do matter. The smaller the number of concerned collectors the less likely SS is going to do anything about this or any other product they produce. As for the LOTR licence....the only time SS ever made an alteration was when they replaced the intended doll hair for Galadriel with sculpted hair.

How do they come directly from SS? You got the actual numbers?
Anyways it won't matter either way, it's still a forum and we still post our opinion no matter the impact.
As for ML, they could have sold twice that ES if it was done right, ML is a very popular character and some people even bought it without fully liking the pose like me ;x

Anyways it won't matter either way, it's still a forum and we still post our opinion no matter the impact.
As for ML, they could have sold twice that ES if it was done right, ML is a very popular character and some people even bought it without fully liking the pose like me ;x

SS posted those numbers themselves some time ago. As for opinions, I think I've made myself perfectly clear everyone has the right to an opinion....however, opinions pulled straight out of one's a$$ [instead of those based on properly researching a subject] are about as pointless and meaningless as worrying about a pose no one's seen. :lecture

I think it was said in a SS chat sometime. Don't remember when exactly but the numbers are true.

I agree folks can post away on what they think either way. The ML did fine and was about the right ES. LOTR products do not need large edition sizes the fan base has come back to those who truly care about the story. Any bigger and you risk it sitting forever.

No offense fuzzy, but Josh and woods know their stuff with SS. U r the 1 that keeps up the arguments.

Just because a small group dislikes something, does not mean everyone hates it.

Great you have yer own idea about it, but either way, this piece will b good.

Guys, I think what I and some others have been trying to say is that IF the PF isn't too far along, we would just like to voice a suggestion that the leg not be positioned in a bent position.

We are not whining or putting down the piece, merely stating a preference.

Why is that whining? It's the only aspect about this statue that I would change.

Peace.

Back