Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to buy the Weta/Sideshow Statue. I really enjoy that pose.

I don't' have the Sauron PF yet, but I'm wondering something. In pictures his helmet looks disproportionate to me. Comparing it to the first Sauron statue I noticed it. Could it just be how it photographs?

I'm tempted to buy the Weta/Sideshow Statue. I really enjoy that pose.

I don't' have the Sauron PF yet, but I'm wondering something. In pictures his helmet looks disproportionate to me. Comparing it to the first Sauron statue I noticed it. Could it just be how it photographs?

That's just the design of Sauron. He has a very talllll helmet and his body is quite slim. Plus the fact he is in slimming dark colours plus he has a leg up. It can look like he has a huge head.

I won a Sauron PF from a contest TheOneRing.net held. Just got him on Tuesday and had the chance to open him and put him together last night. Pretty awesome statue. He takes up a lot of room and I still haven't found a suitable spot for him yet, but I'm pretty stoked to have won something so cool.

That’s awesome! Congratulations Boba Ben! Why can’t I ever when something that cool! I’m still making payments on mine...:gah:

How does the paint job on the armor look to you? Looks just fine in those pics.

Still sitting on the fence on this one. Just not feeling that orange spray.

If I wanted a lava glow effect I could have DIYd some orange led up lighting.

Depends on the angle and lighting you have on him. I was starting to not really feel him as I had him with his right side kind of facing out in my small living space. I turned him to where his face is almost completely forward and HOLY CRAP it looks worlds better now.

It does feel like my statue got a bit more orange than others, but I'm not too bummed out about it unlike some certain freaks in some forum in a galaxy far far away....:monkey3:wink1:

I won a Sauron PF from a contest TheOneRing.net held. Just got him on Tuesday and had the chance to open him and put him together last night. Pretty awesome statue. He takes up a lot of room and I still haven't found a suitable spot for him yet, but I'm pretty stoked to have won something so cool.

Wow congrats!!

Congrats man!! :hi5:

Nice photos too. Making me love mine more than I already love it!! :lol

Its a terrific statue. Hope youre enjoying it as much as everyone else that does. :)

Still sitting on the fence on this one. Just not feeling that orange spray.

If I wanted a lava glow effect I could have DIYd some orange led up lighting.

Light may add to it, but no way you could get the angles right like the paint without having LEDs all over the place. It looks fine as is, just enough to look good, not too much to detract. Although as shown by my 1st base it depends on who paints it, it was crap compared to my replacement.

Congrats on the score. He looks pretty good where he is, guarding your TV, just push him back a bit.

Thanks Guy! Yeah, I'm incredibly lucky to have won this. I have a pretty diverse collection encompassing many licenses, but I never had anything that screamed LOTR. That's not the case anymore.

How does the paint job on the armor look to you? Looks just fine in those pics.

I think it looks great, actually. The orange paint may be heavier on other pieces or something, but I think it's light enough on mine to give off the illusion of the lava reflection without being too overpowering. Looks very good.

Back