Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang...my Sauron at 25% off just got cancelled. Offered 10% off but not sure its worth it to me. 25% got me off the fence no doubt.

At full price I think this is one of the best deals SS is offering right now. The sculpt is awesome, the details are fantastic and it's huge. It could be in the LSF category pretty easily IMO. With 10% its a no brainer if you ask me. Assuming you actually want it in the first place. I just preordered it and I didn't get 10% off.

Dang...my Sauron at 25% off just got cancelled. Offered 10% off but not sure its worth it to me. 25% got me off the fence no doubt.

Damn, if I knew they'd offer a 10% discount I would have used that 25% off code. I bypassed it since I figured they'd cancel anyway. :slap

Damn, if I knew they'd offer a 10% discount I would have used that 25% off code. I bypassed it since I figured they'd cancel anyway. :slap

Yeah I'm kind of a little pissed that they've made this such a shambles. Everything is cloak and dagger.

It's like "we know that codes not for you but here's 10% for trying to work the system , don't tell anyone else about it"

SS credibility taking hits everywhere. Just as well they do pump out some good statues.

I tell you what though, I'd be mighty angry if I just dropped $2000 on a LSF only for jimmy random to come along a snag one for $1500. I'm not sure what they were thinking with all this. I'd imagine they'll receive a few angry customer calls.

It should have been 25% one day only for all members and new comers. I have no doubt there is someone out there with 10 credit cards that has just made himself a nasty profit when he re-sells at higher than market.

It's a shame, the legit supporters never seem to benefit. It's always the scammers and flippers.

Yeah TBH, I'm not crazy about the guys getting 10% off simply for trying to pull one over on SS. I'm fairly certain that most if not all old members who used that code knew it wasn't meant for them. Instead of just saying "nice try" SS is saying, "sorry your attempt to cheat on this promotion didn't work. Please accept this discount as our apology for catching you".

Yeah I'm kind of a little pissed that they've made this such a shambles. Everything is cloak and dagger.

It's like "we know that codes not for you but here's 10% for trying to work the system , don't tell anyone else about it"

SS credibility taking hits everywhere. Just as well they do pump out some good statues.

I tell you what though, I'd be mighty angry if I just dropped $2000 on a LSF only for jimmy random to come along a snag one for $1500. I'm not sure what they were thinking with all this. I'd imagine they'll receive a few angry customer calls.

It should have been 25% one day only for all members and new comers. I have no doubt there is someone out there with 10 credit cards that has just made himself a nasty profit when he re-sells at higher than market.

It's a shame, the legit supporters never seem to benefit. It's always the scammers and flippers.

I do see a lot of logic there, but ultimately it's up to Sideshow. Apparently they only meant to give out the code to a select few, and someone in that select few leaked it to everyone here. That said... I told my dad about the coupon, and he's actually always had an eye on my 1/6 Tumbler! :D He ended up getting his own PF Avengers Hulk for his home! :thud:

I do see a lot of logic there, but ultimately it's up to Sideshow. Apparently they only meant to give out the code to a select few, and someone in that select few leaked it to everyone here.

They should know better though really. I'd say over 50% of their business comes from online forums, of course we'll find out. It could actually be a higher % than that. Between here and Statue forum that's a lot of people.

I get why they do these things for the business. Some of the methods are just bizarre though. Incentives like "get a friend to join SS and make a purchase" or "Spend $1000 and receive a $150 gift voucher" or "Buy 2 PFs and get a third half price" are smart way's to boost business and audience.

Not - If you make a new account with you're other credit card and grandma's address we'll give you 25% anything you want :lol That's more like how to work up you're existing customers into a frenzy!

I'm not overly fussed. I have no loyalty to SS. I buy for the best price I can get, I'd as soon drop them as they would drop me so I guess I can't complain. I know some guys will be mighty pissed though.

Imagine you just bought Sauron last week and it was you're first PF? :gah:

Companies all the time try specials or codes to attract new customers. That's nothing new and fairly common business practice. So why is anyone who is already a current customer getting upset that their move to pull a fast one got cancelled? Honestly, it's at least nice of sideshow to offer a discount for the buyer trying to be slick. They could have just wiped the whole thing out, and then you'd seem some real complaining about it.

...I told my dad about the coupon, and he's actually always had an eye on my 1/6 Tumbler! :D He ended up getting his own PF Avengers Hulk for his home! :thud:

:clap

Companies all the time try specials or codes to attract new customers. That's nothing new and fairly common business practice. So why is anyone who is already a current customer getting upset that their move to pull a fast one got cancelled? Honestly, it's at least nice of sideshow to offer a discount for the buyer trying to be slick. They could have just wiped the whole thing out, and then you'd seem some real complaining about it.

I think the issue is that they're offering a 10% discount to someone who purposely tried to take advantage of the system while legitimate customers aren't offered the same. I don't see anything wrong with offering new customers a discount (25% in this case), it's done all the time in business to get new customers. I just personally find it weird that they would offer someone who tried to cheat the system a break rather than just cancelling the order. I'm also kind of annoyed at myself for not trying to take advantage of the situation. :lol

I think the issue is that they're offering a 10% discount to someone who purposely tried to take advantage of the system while legitimate customers aren't offered the same. I don't see anything wrong with offering new customers a discount (25% in this case), it's done all the time in business to get new customers. I just personally find it weird that they would offer someone who tried to cheat the system a break rather than just cancelling the order. I'm also kind of annoyed at myself for not trying to take advantage of the situation. :lol

What I would have done is probably just cancel the order period for trying to work the system, but Sideshow is being smart in a way keeping the order with that customer by offering a 10% discount.

well, u get only 5% after the 5% rewards points are nullified for using discount coupons

I can see how it might seem unfair, but like folks are saying, it's a common practice and has been around forever. When your local cable company offers free HBO for the weekend, that doesn't mean the people already paying for HBO get that weekend taken off their bill.

That said, I would like a 25% off Sauron!

I think the issue is that they're offering a 10% discount to someone who purposely tried to take advantage of the system while legitimate customers aren't offered the same.

Bingo.

It's not the 25% off that's the problem. It's the almost guilty admittance from SS that "yeah, you got us, here's 10% for trying to rip us off"

It's all a bit strange really. Most business's target all or none. Where as side show seem to operate on a case by case basis.

They've just basically opened the flood gates to everyone by saying "try it on, see what you get"

I know I'll try the next one that comes around. Why not! :lol

Bingo.

It's not the 25% off that's the problem. It's the almost guilty admittance from SS that "yeah, you got us, here's 10% for trying to rip us off"

It's all a bit strange really. Most business's target all or none. Where as side show seem to operate on a case by case basis.

They've just basically opened the flood gates to everyone by saying "try it on, see what you get"

I know I'll try the next one that comes around. Why not! :lol

My issue with it is why it even worked to begin with. They must have really crappy programmers for their site if they can't do a simple check

My issue with it is why it even worked to begin with. They must have really crappy programmers for their site if they can't do a simple check

I know the guy who does the bulk of the work for them at he's really good at what he does. So let's not jump to conclusions.

used the 10% discount toward this guy, should look epic next to the rider.

Having the 10% discount on this big one. 3 days left to think about if keeping my order or not... Hard decision.

Back