SanShouXMA's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my first choice but I have to wait till I get the Batman Begin Exclusive. I'll be parting out my OC Batman when I get the two new ones.

Well I have 2 issues.
1.) I can't find a good head sculpt that may fit the muscle body I used.
2.) I want one that comes with pupils since that's the look I'm going for.

So this may be the permanent head. I'm thinking about ZKULPTOR's Jim Lee DK head but I don't know if it'll fit on a muscle body and if he can paint pupils on it I'm down. Really depends.

I used Zkulptor's head on my batman.
Mine is on a wolverine-royce body like yours.
What i did is removed the rubber neck on the body.
I drilled a hole i the hed and fixed it to the body using miliput.
The head still keeps is mobility.

Nice robin BTW, not too sure about the suit you used for your bats though.
I think it looks a bit too shiny and could use a dark wash to make the details stand out.

Thanks Seb. It means a lot to me. What do you mean dark wash? How do I do that? It is whimsy cause the paint is like that I may try a dull coat on it so it takes a little of the shine away but I'm not sure it would work. I don't know any other way to make it less shiney. It's another Jill battle suit I used on him.

Washes is really easy.
It consist of a mixture of acrylics and water.

60% water and 40% acrylics.
Apply it with a big brush over the suit.
The paint will go in the crease and creates more constrast.

Almost just waiting for the capes to come in. I tried the wash idea but all it did was make the while suit darker. It didn't get in any grooves. So I'll have to pass on that idea unfortunately. I think Moe said the capes should have gone out yesterday so we'll see. Hopefully by Friday I should have pics.

Almost just waiting for the capes to come in. I tried the wash idea but all it did was make the while suit darker. It didn't get in any grooves. So I'll have to pass on that idea unfortunately. I think Moe said the capes should have gone out yesterday so we'll see. Hopefully by Friday I should have pics.

What you can do after the wash if the suit is too dark you can drybrushed it with a lighter colour. It will make the details stand out!

Hey man, what type of body did you use for the Nightwing custom? I'm using a reg TT and I'm struggling to get the Jill Valentine suit to go on. I'm doing a daredevil custom.

The Jill suit can fit a male body?? I watched Under the Redhood again recently and thought of upgrading my nightwing, and then I found this thread. That is the best Nightwing so far. How did you paint the Jill suit so perfectly with NW's blue trim?
Re: the Batman HS you were looking for, have you tried Takara's BB? I like that one coz it still looks like the classic cowl that one can use with any suit version. But what's really great about the
Takara BB HS is its neck articulation. A 1/6 batman with that HS can fight a Hot Toys Spiderman mano y mano without suffering from severe stiff neck. :D

I used acrylic paint on the suit. Thanks for the suggestion on the Batman. I'm going to try an OC Batman head. If that doesn't work I'll try the Takara. Here's a new pic of my Nightwing. (He's one of my favorite heroes. Not liking the new reboot Nightwing with the red. I'm not good with change.)

592a60cb.jpg

I just posted my nightwing under Dadvaders DC Collection. Of course you were my mentor in creating a look I liked. I went with the reboot red, I like that as an ode to Robin colors, but I have to admit it took me time to decide. Your figure is really excellent and still came together better than mine, but I'm learning. The motorcycle really brings it together. Great shot!

just saw dadvader's Nightwing; you two have, by far, the best nightwing customs out there. love the 2 versions.

Nice and clever but then how were the cartridge/pockets done? Cause I am pretty sure they aren't a part of Thor's gauntlets

Oh! Yeah years ago I think hasbro came out with a 12" Ben Riley Spiderman with Scarlet Spider costume also. Those are the Scarlet Spider wrist gauntlets.

Back