SanShouXMA's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliment dadvader. I've updated the first post with my JLA work in progress. In the mean time here is a pic of my next and favorite hero: Nightwing.

ffa0ff0a.jpg

68bb4d3d.jpg

My original concept didn't work out. I tried to use my Medicom Dark Knight for the body but it just didn't work and I had to scrap the idea. I think this works but can't fit into the "Nolan" world where my Dark Knight came from. Oh well. I'll make something up soon lol. Anyway I think the Jill Valentine suit works pretty well considering EVERYONE here told me it wouldn't work. I had to stuff the chest a little bit so that Chris Redfield head didn't look gi-normous compared to the body. Hope you guys like it.

Like?!

Love it!!

I've been planning a more comic inspired Nightwing and this throws a spanner in the works lol

He's also probably my 2nd fav comic character after Batman - serious lack of 1/6 Nightwing love so far but that is a great start to begin to address that imbalance

Thanks guys. This wont be ready for a while. I'm looking for the perfect boots. I'm thinking the Odin boots but I really like the Ezio boots but not the bottom. I wanna do it like my Green Arrow boots but those wont work. So I'll have to wait and see how this goes.

That nightwing is insane!

Btw why do you have to do the same characters I am looking at doing for my JLA? You'res are so good I will fill ashamed too post mine when I get them done lol

What body did you use for the Nightwing? I was thining of using the Hot Toys Bruce Lee body for a Nightwing or Superboy custom. Your's look amazing. I might have to pick up the Jill battlesuit after seeing yours.

I used a Bruce Lee body. It's hard to use the Jill body suit on the Bruce Lee body because the body is so slim you don't see any cuts or pecs in the body. It's like a 12 year old boy in the suit. You have to pad the suit to make it look the way mine does. As for a Superboy custom I suggest a TT Advanced cause it's smaller than a Dastan body but bigger than a Bruce. I chose a Bruce for Nightwing because he was an acrobat so a slimmer more muscular body would be better fit for him. Superboy is a power house and not an acrobat that's why I chose a TT Advance. It's not bigger than Superman but not smaller than Nightwing.

DSC01103.jpg

Head still needs a good painting.

No actually I hadn't learned about the ACI belt until recently. I had bought a Barbie Superman suit that I wanted for a Clark Kent custom but it turned out too small. I then got the idea to make this Superboy. So I ripped the chest "S" off and put it on the shirt then took the SR belt and cut the symbol off and painted it silver and glued it on a belt.

Nightwing looks insanely, amazingly awesome! Looks to be your best custom yet. Do you plan on a Tim or Damian Robin?

I'm gonna try and do a Tim Drake Robin and maybe a Red Robin but I stopped reading comics before the whole death of Batman so I don't really know Damien Robin so nothing with him.

Thanks DadVader the finishing pieces should be here by tomorrow or Tuesday and Nightwing will be FINISHED!! I can't wait!

Then I'm checking back in to see the finished Nightwing, love your work. I have all these DC Direct 13" figures, done some custom work, been fairly happy with them...and then I had to find your work. I love the Green Arrow and though I'm a bigger fan of the short haired nonbearded Aquaman, dude yours is some fine work. Can't wait to see the finished Flash.

Flash won't be ready for A long long time. Waiting for the cap head. Right now Robin is next and also working on a Deathstroke.

That's insane! Can't wait to see Robin! I made one out of Takara Batman, but After seeing other Robin customs on this thread, I think it's time to revisit him....

Back