SanShouXMA's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. I can't wait to get started on Robin but this one will be tricky since I'm using a slim body. Trying to keep the scale some what right so I can display them all side by side. Imagine having taller and buffer Robin next to my Nightwing. That wouldn't look right lol.

Good call on repainting Nightwing's mask.

It reduces the total color, making the figure even darker and more monochrome, but it does make him look a lot more serious than the bright mask did. I just worry that you can't see his eyes at all, but that could easily be the lighting and angle of the camera.

Looking forward to seeing Tim Drake, everyone's favorite Robin. Are you going to go with the earlier, 90s look (short sleeves on the arms and green arms/legs), or the later new millenium look (longer arm sleeves, no green in the suit)?

Personally, I prefer the earlier look (since that was the era during which I read the comics), though the later look is a bit more along the lines of "Nolan realism." Still, the earlier look would help point out the character's youth, without resorting to the silliness that was the pixie fairy ____ Grayson/Jason Todd Robin costume.

I like the way the Arkham City Robin looks so I'll probably go that route. I saw Seb's Robin in his thread so the bar has been set high lol. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going Red and Black or Red and Green. Depends on the pants really.

Again, love your nightwing. Question though, where on the battle suit did you cut off the boots? I am thinking about doing the same thing with a custom of my own and wanted to make sure I cut it in the right spot before I do so.

Here are some progress pics of my Flash. Just need the symbol and the abs plate and I'm golden until the Captain America head gets released.

f152d074.jpg

5f4a4a79.jpg

729cfa7a.jpg

Decided to go with gold paint instead of yellow. Yellow just didn't make it stick out and scream FLASH!!!

The Plates seem a bit bulky, and they don't seem to mesh well with the underlying fabric, but I'm definitely curious to see how it turns out. All of your other customs have been brilliant,so in SanShou I trust.:p

Yup that's exactly what I'm talking about. The way I approach it I'm looking at it as how would he look in a movie setting. Not comic setting because with a pair of spandex a person can become invincible and in the real world this could never happen. So with flash he needs something that will let him travel at superspeed so just spandex wouldn't work but a little bit of armor would help. And I wanted the armor to be a little darker so you could tell. Flash is my hardest custom yet cause I couldn't think of what to do with him. I never read Flash and he's no at the top of my list so this ones a touchy.

I've only ever read one Flash comic and it was a Wally West one and from memory he fought Captain Cold not really sure unless there is another ice themed villain in the flash?

All right, SanShou, I've got a real beef with you. I have been very happy with my DC Direct 13" figures and some of the custom work I've done on them...including the Hawkman I use as my Avatar. And I have (had) a few projects in the work. But ever since seeing your customs, I don't feel the same about them. I look at my Night Wing, and think...hmmmm, wonder how much Jill's suit is going for now....wish I can find Chris's head. Hmmmm, wonder when I should begin my superboy....and NOW I have a hard time liking my flash or my reverse flash. Your work is awesome and it brings a "reality" to the figures. I told my wife yesterday, okay honey I'm starting from scratch all over. Luckily, I didn't show her your posts or you might be getting an e-mail from her. Awesome work man, and I hope you think about creating customs for others.

Hey that is a great great compliment and I thank you. I don't think my customs are that great. I like them but I'm sure there are a bunch of people on here a lone that have greater customs than mine. I don't think I'd ever do any custom work for people because it would cost way WAY too much for the person. I think Nightwing a lone cost me $200+ so yeah I don't think I would. Plus it would take me way too long, and then that would lead to a thread here saying I ran away lol. Finding the right parts is hard. Like right now I'm trying to find the Chris Redfield ankle pegs for my Robin cause I want him to be a lot shorter than my Batman and Nightwing. (If anyone has some please let me know).

fb9c141c.jpg

352d4aae.jpg

Last edited:
Batman's almost done and robin too. After I took a look at my JLA collection I came to realize that the Nolan Batman had no business in the bunch. He doesn't fit in with the rest so I decided to make my own Batman. Pretty damn happy I did.

052c1a9f.jpg

65c057cf.jpg

35527b99.jpg

Well I have 2 issues.
1.) I can't find a good head sculpt that may fit the muscle body I used.
2.) I want one that comes with pupils since that's the look I'm going for.

So this may be the permanent head. I'm thinking about ZKULPTOR's Jim Lee DK head but I don't know if it'll fit on a muscle body and if he can paint pupils on it I'm down. Really depends.

Back