Sam Jackson + Snakes on a Plane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so gonna be at the preview!
This might be the best movie ever cause Sam Jackson said so!

Sweet my 200th post!

Last edited:
CAhobbit said:
Get a message pre-recorded message from Samuel L. Jackson sent to you or a friend. It's actually pretty funny.

https://www.snakesonaplane.com/

OH yea, I did that. Sam L. Jackson was great during comic-con and I think the movie has for it what other movies don't. It's a B-movie taking itself seriously as a B-movie. It knows what it is and it should be glorious.

tomandshell said:
It let me do a few phone messages at first, but now it will only do e-mails.

that sucks...what also sucks is that it will only let you send 1 phone message per phone number. so if the person doesn't pick up or something, you're pretty much screwed.

Yeah, I got my PR call from Sam yesterday and nearly spit out my coffee, it was so unexpected and hilarious but I won't be going to see this one in the theatres anyway, should do okay with it's core fan base though...

btw, the snakes were sprayed with pheromones before the flight, thus their aggression...

Don't forget to stock up on cheap rubber snakes to throw into the audience at the opportune moment :p That's our plan for the Sideshow SoaP movie outing on Friday :lol

SideshowDusty said:
Don't forget to stock up on cheap rubber snakes to throw into the audience at the opportune moment :p That's our plan for the Sideshow SoaP movie outing on Friday :lol

The group I'm going with is already preparing. Muhahahaha!! The movie is going to be so bad but it's going to be one hell of a fun outing and viewing with my friends this Saturday.

SideshowDusty said:

I just wish you guys could film that. The theater would probably think you are trying to record the movie though :lol Perhaps get permission? :D

Will any extra leftover snakes be given away as prizes? :lol

Ok just got out of the sneak preview and SoaP is Motherf***ing awesome!
Pure cheese entertainment it was funnier than Talladega Nights and had the most awesome snake bite scenes ever.
The "I am sick of these. . ." line was worth the price of admission alone.
Even cooler there was a Snakes on a Plane trailer in front of the movie. :D
If you are looking for deep dramatic plots this ain't the movie for you. Go see Step Up for that. If you want campy fun this is the Motherf***ing movie of the year.

OMG, sounds awesome! Unfortunately, I can't go tonight after all :monkey2 I can't believe I have to miss out on SoaP's opening night :( But I'll go tomorrow - hopefully the crowds will still be great!

Here's a fun review, which is showing up as rotten on RT, but I think it's fresh, seeing as this is the kind of movie it is - one that you MUST see with a crowd for it to be worth it:

https://www.madison.com/tct/entertainment/stories/index.php?ntid=95372

This movie succeeds at being exactly what people are expecting. If you see it with a large crowd you will have a blast. SLJ's speech where he vents his frustration near the end of the film will become a classic line, quoted over and over. It's completely cheesy yet completely fun and enjoyable and you wouldn't have him say anything else at that point. There were plenty of ridiculous and way over the top snake deaths that had me laughing out loud and cheering and the boldly in your face cheesiness of it all. It actually took a half hour for the snakes to show up, but once they did the movie kept up until the end. It was fun watching every possible movie cliche character board the plane--the newlyweds, the two little boys flying without their dad, the stuck up rich girl, the rude British man, the foreign young woman with her little baby, the wife reassuring her husband who is afraid of flying, the stewardess who is retiring but making "one last flight," the rapper and his homeboys, the gay male flight attendant, the stoner/surfers who want to have sex in the restroom mid-flight, the overweight lady in a mumu, etc. They are (almost) all no-name unrecognizable actors and you can't wait to see them die in absurd ways. The movie does not let you down. It doesn't go completely over the top and become a total joke the whole time, but lets the outrageousness come in waves, and in between tries to be a straightforward suspense thriller, but the overall tone of the movie is perfectly balanced for what it needed to be. It knows it is cheesy but doesn't spend the whole film winking at you, rather playing it somewhat straight and expecting you to laugh and cheer as it all plays out. In general, it gives you exactly what you expect and is perhaps one film that is completely beyond criticism because it is pointless to discuss it in a serious manner and even attempt to "critique" it. It's just... Snakes on a Plane. (When is the last time an entire moviegoing experience could be summed up in four words?) And it lives up to its title. It is quite possibly the best "bad movie" of all time. With the right friends and the right crowd in the theater, you will have a lot of fun. In short:

If you liked Titanic, you will LOVE Snakes on a Plane!!!

"F***ing snake!! Get off my d**k!!!"

I just got back from seeing this movie and I must say.... IT ROCKS!! It was crazy as Hell, made you laugh, squirm..... And Samuel Jackson being cooler than he's been for several films. It's one of those flicks that is not catering to the Oscar crowd, does not delve into the human psyche or anything even close to that. It is what it is... SNAKES ON A PLANE. And what a ride it turns out to be.

I've never jumped in a film.....EVER. But this movie made me jump... A certain scene in the ****pit.... you'll know when it happens... But when it happened... I had to laugh... Still can't believe I did that. :lol

This will be a great movie to slam a few beers and watch with some crazy friends.... deserving of a place in EVERYONE'S DVD collection. :D

snakesop2.jpg

I was hoping I could just sit back and enjoy the bad ride, but I was underwhelmed by this film. Sure there were some gory moments and some funny lines, but overall it was kind of like homemade airpopped popcorn. Sure it's light and has few calories, but it's pretty bland and tasteless too.

Watched the news this morning and they said the weekend numbers were much lower than expected.

Back