S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like this final result. Easy pass.
Actually, I don't like so much the Jedi Luke. I find some disappointing weirdness on that slim look and face painting. I'm more satisfied with Maul, Kylo, Droid, Clone and FO Stormie.
Umm, not trying to start anything here, but what do you mean "disappointing slim look"? Figuarts look is the closest any figure company has gotten to a realistic human depiction of that version of Luke, except maybe hot toys. I really dont get that statement tbh, he isnt meant to be bulky, he is slim in the film [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Obi looks awesome!

Face is a little hazy close up, just like Luke. But from arms length it looks amazing.

Can't wait! thanks for posting those links!

uploadfromtaptalk1452794216634.jpg someone made a repaint of old han solo. Looks pretty good here

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

It looks like Obi-Wan does actually have that wonky overspray hairline. : / At least the secondary head doesn't have it as bad. I'm still very excited to get him posed fighting with Maul. [emoji3]

I'm glad to finally see what TBS Han looks like with the grey hair instead of blonde- not too bad.

Umm, not trying to start anything here, but what do you mean "disappointing slim look"? Figuarts look is the closest any figure company has gotten to a realistic human depiction of that version of Luke, except maybe hot toys. I really dont get that statement tbh, he isnt meant to be bulky, he is slim in the film [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You agree that he has a slim look, right? So, I just say that I dont' like it. At least I don't like on S.H. Figuarts version. I think is even too slim. And I think the same about TPM Obi-Wan. Anyway, I really like every other Star Wars S.H. Figuarts, so, perhaps this is just a very personal and specific point of view.

This is the "slimness" I'm talking about on both Luke & Obi:

https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/hacchaka/imgs/e/8/e8135ceb.jpg

Actually he doesn't look so slim:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/66/8e/da/668edaaf58cb0c3ca881f8163cfa2089.jpg

But, like I said, is more like a "weird slimness", I can't tell exactly my feeling on this...

Luke and young obi are not large brooding men, figuarts is almost 100% accurate on scale, the only thing that may be throwing you off with obi is hes wearing a very loose outfit, maybe they didnt nail that perfectly but its the best out there. Hands down

Luke and young obi are not large brooding men, figuarts is almost 100% accurate on scale, the only thing that may be throwing you off with obi is hes wearing a very loose outfit, maybe they didnt nail that perfectly but its the best out there. Hands down

That's your opinion, not a fact. I think it's a good figure, but there's some weirdness that doen't convince me like does Darth Maul or Kylo Ren. My opinion, not a fact.

No its pretty much a fact, pull up some screen shots of luke from Rotj... Its really well done. As for obi, hes pretty perfect too

Problem is any translation from real life to figure is gunna lose something, especially when you add in as much articulation as they do. But what ev, dont buy em, more for me and the collectors who like em

Oh man, this is also boring. Ok, yes, Obi-Wan is pretty perfect. You're right.
Bye.

Obi-wan look incredible, but I'm holding out for Episode III!

Inspired by the people here, I decided to mod my Kylo Ren with the black series robe as well, and also repainted the ML CAII Winter Soldier Bucky's head as Ben Solo's head (80% WIP). I know it doesn't look like him but it's the next closest thing for me until Hasbro or someone release an unmasked version of him.

View attachment 237149

I think you did an awesome job!

I also don't really like Luke. Something isn't right. But I really like Obi Wan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even of they do make SHF Obi more bulkier, it MIGHT hinder some articulation. So, to me, removing a bit of the bulkiness of Obi for articulation pays off. The robes are plastic and not fabirc - if they did go for fabric (terrible idea) then we could get a bulkier figure.

About Luke, that's the weird thing about the figure - on screen we can see him slim maybe a bit too slim compared to the BS Luke. On hand is way different story, I have both figures (Jedi Luke fanboy) and I can say that the BS Luke is off compare to SHF Luke. SHF Luke has a more realistic feel to him, how the proportions flow perfectly. Hey, it's my opinion man and I'm cool if you don't like the two human characters.

And your english is fine, it's my fault I got confused on your reply.

To everyone else in the forum: is that paint bleeding on his forehead? The neutral face's eyes bothers me but its probably the angle..right? RIGHT?

Even of they do make SHF Obi more bulkier, it MIGHT hinder some articulation. So, to me, removing a bit of the bulkiness of Obi for articulation pays off. The robes are plastic and not fabirc - if they did go for fabric (terrible idea) then we could get a bulkier figure.

About Luke, that's the weird thing about the figure - on screen we can see him slim maybe a bit too slim compared to the BS Luke. On hand is way different story, I have both figures (Jedi Luke fanboy) and I can say that the BS Luke is off compare to SHF Luke. SHF Luke has a more realistic feel to him, how the proportions flow perfectly. Hey, it's my opinion man and I'm cool if you don't like the two human characters.

And your english is fine, it's my fault I got confused on your reply.

To everyone else in the forum: is that paint bleeding on his forehead? The neutral face's eyes bothers me but its probably the angle..right? RIGHT?

No, I think thats the way the painting was programmed. It shouldn't go past his hair line, might be a first batch problem :huh

Yea, the neutral faces eyes looks like he's wearing mascara in that pic, but I'm sure he'll look fine in hand.

Back