S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, a year ago I would have creamed my pants over these, but in that year I received the Mafex Mando, and it has ruined figuarts for me, I'll get Gideon just because he's the only high end option offered, but it's not exciting, and mafex sucks cause they aren't offering anything else and even if they did it would take forever

Master and Apprentice

y2J7muG.jpg

It’s not a bad Luke figure but it’s a weird cross between ROTJ and Mando versions. Will be interesting to see and compare it with Black Series in 2022.

AmiAmi site kept crashing and it took several minutes from the beginning of the hour but I snagged a preorder.

The hell? They don't even announce when it will go up for preorder, do a surprise drop in the middle of the night (in the US), and then I wake up to see it sold out everywhere. I'm sorry, but that's bull5h1t. Either announce the preorder date in advance or plan a higher production run to accommodate more orders. :mad:

The hell? They don't even announce when it will go up for preorder, do a surprise drop in the middle of the night (in the US), and then I wake up to see it sold out everywhere. I'm sorry, but that's bull5h1t. Either announce the preorder date in advance or plan a higher production run to accommodate more orders. :mad:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B09MRXMPXL
I didn't check CDJapan but pretty much everywhere was doing 1 per person, even Amazon. So they were all holding it down, but this is how Figuarts has been doing it for like 7 years now. It was a short announcement but they did say it was coming tonight Wednesday night/Thursday morning. It's not for US audience's so they don't care if they're dropping it in the middle of the night US.

’The middle of the night’ is really 4pm in Tokyo.

Handily for us in Europe, it’s 8 or 9 am depending on the time of year.

Had been a while since I preordered a figure by Bandai. Was surprised to see that HLJ no longer applies a preorder discount but rather has the figure at full price. I remember the days when they would be 20% off at least.

In the end I got mine from amiami.

Karre and Am went up on Japanese retail sites. I decided to get both of them from AmiAmi. They look great in their suits along with the cloth capes, couldn't resist.

In hand pictures of Boba and Mando are doing the social media rounds right now (Isaac Wong as usual). Eh ... glad I decided to drop this line. For the price people are paying for these, it’s just crazy. Especially when you factor in secondary market inflation later on.

Thanks. SH Figuarts has really gone down the toilet in the past three years. Lack of paint apps has especially been bad. Glad I no longer collect these.
This Boba could definitely use some scuffing and paint touch ups, eager to get it though, looks better than the black series version.

Back