S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the buzz right now is the Batman and rightfully so..movie was great but I think these figs are given a bad wrap..…in person I like the paint better subtle changes on the S2 Mando and love the details on Boba

I don’t have the BS Boba but I’m sure this will have better detail but I could be wrong

Boba is greatly improved if you adjust the skirt and put it to one side like its actually supposed to be. Really helps the overall look.

20220307_125518.jpg

This figure is MOSTLY fantastic. Final products from Figuarts tend to have a little less fidelity than the promo pictures. Farm Boy Luke is an excellent example of this. The promo pictures show a near hot toys level of likeness on a 6 inch figure. Where as the final, delivered figure was a little softer in the face. I don't know what gets lost in translation there. But A New Hope Han is the best example of how horrible that can turn out. Where as the promo shot showed a Han likeness that would probably never be topped, the delivered product looked like a soft faced goblin with acne.

So thankfully the unmasked head here is closer to Luke than to Han. Its MUCH better in person than everyone was making it out to be. I have very little complaints aside from them not quite delivering on the promo pictures. But they never actually have.

The actual helmet head, however, is disappointing. They had a near perfect sculpt in the promo pictures. I've never seen them actually change sculpted helmets from promo to product. So there was no reason to expect them to do that. Yet they changed it to this weird wide rim lens and turned the helmet into two pieces. Where the "lens" is separate from the helmet and doesn't quite sit flush at the edges. This seems to just be how its sculpted because that latter complaint I see in every single picture posted of him across the web.

It's not a TERRIBLE helmet sculpt. It looks ok to decent from an off centered view. But dead on, it's easily the worst of all the 6 inch Boba offerings across all eras of this character.

From the neck down though, almost zero complaints. Sculpt is fantastic. Articulation is great. The shoulders and neck are a little hindered by the sculpted robe but not terribly. And the neck can definitely be replaced with an easy soft goods scarf that would still look great thanks to the soft goods lower robe.

8/10

DkOiMMb.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great!
thanks! Loved the original design. Didn't have to do too much other than other get some 3d prints for the back pack/grear and paint them up. i found the head painted already on ebay, just repainted the hair as it was more white-gray. found a 1/12 jedi robe on ebay and cut off the sleeves.

finding someone who was selling a good 1/12th 3d printed take on the backpack got the ball rolling

IMG_2074.JPG

Great pics fellow Freaks!

Yeah in hand Mando and Fett (especially) look great! Posing and taking pics of these is really making me want the HT versions for a nice display presence.
My only gripe so far is that Fett cannot get into a firing pose with the stock of his rifle in his shoulder. The rifles stock is too long doh! Dang that is a bummer. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck posing that way.

Back