S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. I was under the impression that it was the first series there, so I thought they'd have affection over that. And I know it's huge, extreme nostalgic bias on my part but I still think they're the best designs yet, with turbo being the worst imo.

Ah. I was under the impression that it was the first series there, so I thought they'd have affection over that. And I know it's huge, extreme nostalgic bias on my part but I still think they're the best designs yet, with turbo being the worst imo.

Nope, sentai has been going about 10 or so more years than PR.

Its ironic too, that while we loved zeo but hated turbo, it was the opposite in Japan for the same reason.

I got my Red Armored Friday. Extremely impressed with it and I dare say it's the best of the MMPR line.

Yeah turbo ****in blows.... My list is MMPR, Zeo, Space, Galaxy, Time force, then I stopped really caring... SPD looks cool too

Thats the one; suits werent the best really, but the plot was excellent, felt like the stories we used to get with MMPR, zeo etc.

Yeah I couldnt get into that one... I heard it was an alternate more apocalyptic timeline or something but those suits were just horrible, almost as bad as the mystic ones with the fruity little capes :rotfl

For anyone who either hasnt jumped in yet or wants a Red or Green, barnes and nobel.com carries them and if you sign up for the kids club you get a 30% off coupon, and shipping is free over $25.

So I picked up Green for $33 shipped (tax included). Pretty much as cheap as it gets I think.

For anyone who either hasnt jumped in yet or wants a Red or Green, barnes and nobel.com carries them and if you sign up for the kids club you get a 30% off coupon, and shipping is free over $25.

So I picked up Green for $33 shipped (tax included). Pretty much as cheap as it gets I think.
It's asking me what "my child's" name is! You didn't say they wanted specifics!

:panic:

Got my armored red today, makes me excited to complete the team, i hope they make some bad guys such as rita, lord zedd, goldar to go along with them

I havent dug them out yet, but has anyone mentioned if those older figures of Goldar, puttys, etc are in scale? The ones that came out at the same time as the flip head figures back in the day I mean.

They are a bit short if its the 90s ones you mean; ive got them below the figuarts in my case.

The super legends zedd may be in scale though, but I dont have him, im guessing due to my sl white being about the same height.

SHF MMPR Green Ranger Dino Thunder/Super Megaforce version.

P1070453_zps85974dbf.jpg

P1070448_zpsb72fac0b.jpg

P1070395_zpsd916a701.jpg

I like the custom paint but are they really going to make Green ranger look like that in SMF?? :thud:

Looks too much like Ultra Man now

Yep, thats been greens suit in PR for years now, no one knows why as its totally inaccurate and will be easily noticeable between sentai and american footage.

There have been pics of JDF in the suit and its definitely this one.

Yep, thats been greens suit in PR for years now, no one knows why as its totally inaccurate and will be easily noticeable between sentai and american footage.

There have been pics of JDF in the suit and its definitely this one.

I like the custom paint but are they really going to make Green ranger look like that in SMF?? :thud:

Looks too much like Ultra Man now

Yes. That is how the MMPR Green Ranger looks now.

It was first shown in the Dino Thunder episode, "Fighting Spirit", where Tommy fights all of his past ranger powers. The Green ranger was changed to have silver stripes that outline the shape of the helmet since at the time, Disney owned the rights to Power Rangers and not Saban. This was assumed why it was changed

In Super Megaforce, he will reprise this same suit, even though Saban has bought back Power Rangers from Disney.

I'm assuming this is how Saban is differentiating between Zyuranger Dragon Ranger and the American/Western MMPR Green Ranger, so this version is our very own "Western/American" Green Ranger.

Anyways, I customized this and gave it to JDF (Jason David Frank) aka. Tommy at Montreal Comic Con 2013 XD He quite liked it and filmed me on the spot with his iPad...:D

Yeah thats right, thanks for clearing it up!

My only concern is that if saban uses any of the japanese legend war footage mixed in with their own the green ranger is going to look completely wrong, not to mention when the silver ranger will use him; I just hope they find a way to hide it.

Heres a group shot I found just incase anyone hasnt seen it, at least they fixed his holster to be black again:

prmf4.jpg

Hey folks, took some new pics of my figuarts and thought i would post them.

For anyone asking, the bases for MMPR are just tamashii act 4s with excellent vinyl labels from a member over at rangerboard, definitely great stickers.

The bases for the others are saint seiya stands (packs of five) with the logo of each series printed out in stickers.

20131022_181941.jpg

2013+-+8

Back