S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys aware that MMPR Pink and Black are confirmed to not include their Blade Blasters in blaster or blade mode? No Thunder Slinger either. Aside from their personal weapons they'll only come with the holstered form of the Blade Blaster, and the Blade Blaster/Thunder Slinger combo.

After White Ranger came with a measly two alternate hands, and the Red Wind Ranger was missing his blaster mode (which Blue and Yellow will also be lacking), I do not like where this line is headed. These figures used to come with every form of every weapon and more hands than you'd ever need. Bandai is starting to skimp on the accessories, and it will only get worse if we don't speak up. So be sure to let Bluefin know via their facebook or twitter that this is NOT cool. If enough people complain Bluefin well let Bandai Japan know that the consumers are't happy with the scale-backs, and future figures can be saved from this.

I got my White Ranger from Amazon today via Prime.. they mailed it in a ****Ing bubble mailer. So of course the box is all dinged up and the plastic part is cracked. The figure is fine, but it really pisses me off. I want to return it, but at the same time I just want to keep the figure as I've been waiting ages for him and don't want wait anymore. lol.

Make sure to leave negative packaging feedback with a comment explaining this on their website - if enough people voice their concerns, they will change their method of packing. The same thing happened to me with the last two figuarts releases and the boxes were dinged up as well. For a collectors item like this, they should use a regular box!

Are you guys aware that MMPR Pink and Black are confirmed to not include their Blade Blasters in blaster or blade mode? No Thunder Slinger either. Aside from their personal weapons they'll only come with the holstered form of the Blade Blaster, and the Blade Blaster/Thunder Slinger combo.

After White Ranger came with a measly two alternate hands, and the Red Wind Ranger was missing his blaster mode (which Blue and Yellow will also be lacking), I do not like where this line is headed. These figures used to come with every form of every weapon and more hands than you'd ever need. Bandai is starting to skimp on the accessories, and it will only get worse if we don't speak up. So be sure to let Bluefin know via their facebook or twitter that this is NOT cool. If enough people complain Bluefin well let Bandai Japan know that the consumers are't happy with the scale-backs, and future figures can be saved from this.

While I get what you mean, I think it may just be due to two reasons;

1. The rest of the MMPR team and white are all web exclusives, and those usually come with minimal accessories.

2. The MMPR team in particular is being rushed out so they can cash in on the anniversary, which unfortunately means rushed accessory decisions.

Both of these facts compound to show what we are seeing with this line, the other releases like kyurored that just came out dont have this issue.

Yeah, web exclusives don't always come with a lot of accessories, but Tamashii has been a little skimp lately considering the sales of this line are so good. That's the trouble with being the secondary market for a toy line.

Make sure to leave negative packaging feedback with a comment explaining this on their website - if enough people voice their concerns, they will change their method of packing. The same thing happened to me with the last two figuarts releases and the boxes were dinged up as well. For a collectors item like this, they should use a regular box!

Yeah, I definitely will. Whenever they pull crap like this I leave feedback. I like to think they'll keep track of it and react, but they probably won't. I'm returning it. I'm not generally one to complain, but this is Amazon, returns are a breeze so I might as well. For my return I made sure to "you sent a collectible, boxed figure in a bubble mailer. Of course it's going to get damaged." SMH.

I went over to Nippon-Yasan and grabbed the Japanese version like I really wanted in the first place along with the Sonic the Hedgehog Nendoroid, and it worked out pretty well cost wise considering what both cost here. I'll pick up another US release White Ranger later, I wanted to have two originally anyway.

Yeah, web exclusives don't always come with a lot of accessories, but Tamashii has been a little skimp lately considering the sales of this line are so good. That's the trouble with being the secondary market for a toy line.

Yeah, I definitely will. Whenever they pull crap like this I leave feedback. I like to think they'll keep track of it and react, but they probably won't. I'm returning it. I'm not generally one to complain, but this is Amazon, returns are a breeze so I might as well. For my return I made sure to "you sent a collectible, boxed figure in a bubble mailer. Of course it's going to get damaged." SMH.

I went over to Nippon-Yasan and grabbed the Japanese version like I really wanted in the first place along with the Sonic the Hedgehog Nendoroid, and it worked out pretty well cost wise considering what both cost here. I'll pick up another US release White Ranger later, I wanted to have two originally anyway.

How secure does the Akibaranger symbol fit, I saw firestarters review and looks like the symbol sticks out too much

How secure does the Akibaranger symbol fit, I saw firestarters review and looks like the symbol sticks out too much

Not sure, I just bought him yesterday so I probably won't have him for around 7-14 days. It depends if USPS attempts to misdeliver my package again. Which happened with my last Nippon-Yasan package. >.<

I'll let you know once he arrives though.

I'd like to have one to display with Ryuranger and with with the MMPR team, though I might pick up some Akibaranger figures and do that for a bit.

It fits fine on mine; the hole has specific places for the symbol to fit into, so unless you plug it in wrong it will look just as good as his normal one.

While I get what you mean, I think it may just be due to two reasons;

1. The rest of the MMPR team and white are all web exclusives, and those usually come with minimal accessories.

2. The MMPR team in particular is being rushed out so they can cash in on the anniversary, which unfortunately means rushed accessory decisions.

Both of these facts compound to show what we are seeing with this line, the other releases like kyurored that just came out dont have this issue.

All the Shinken/Samurai exclusives come with a full array of accessories. The Deka/SPD exclusives come with a full array of accessories. The list goes on. The figures aren't rushed, the prototypes for Green and Red were shown a year ago, and didn't come out until June/July. Even if they were, the accessories were already included with Red so there's no excuse to not include them with the rest. Don't make excuses for Bandai being cheap.

Hmm, lets see; red and green werent exclusives, white and the rest are, and they were only seen at sdcc, yet are most likely going to all be out for sdcc next year; id say they are rushing them, especially when you think that all other teams are either still not complete or took over a year to be completed.

Like I said, im not making excuses for them, I just dont think its fair to demand the mmpr releases be released so quickly and not expect some drawbacks.

What does the exclusive business have to do with anything? These figures went into the planning stages no later than June of 2012, which is plenty of time to get their ducks in a row. Just because the entire team may end up being released within a year doesn't mean anything about them was rushed, especially when considering all the part reuse between the team. The reason other teams haven't been fully released, or released more slowly, is due to lack of demand, not a lack of Bandai's ability to release them in a timely manner without compromises.

At the end of the day the issue at hand comes down to Bandai cheaping out, plain and simple. The weapons already existed for Red, there's no excuse not to include them with the other four. Same goes for White's lack of hands, they didn't even need to make brand new hands, they could have reused appropriate hands from other figures. There's no excuse for it. These are expensive high end figures, but have always been worth the price. Once you start cutting corners and getting away with it, it's a slippery slope.

Nah, Bandai has always been cheap ****ers. I love the stuff they put out but they end up either overpricing it or skimp out on parts.

At the end of the day the issue at hand comes down to Bandai cheaping out, plain and simple. The weapons already existed for Red, there's no excuse not to include them with the other four. Same goes for White's lack of hands, they didn't even need to make brand new hands, they could have reused appropriate hands from other figures. There's no excuse for it. These are expensive high end figures, but have always been worth the price. Once you start cutting corners and getting away with it, it's a slippery slope.

Yeah thats not cool, I didnt know that about White and the future releases. I just got my first, the Red through Amazons warehouse deals for a little cheaper than they usually go, because the packaging was beat.

I have mixed feelings about them at that price now, if they include less accessories? I dunno. I guess my main problem is the figure itself feels a little...hollow. I dont want to say flimsy, but thats kinda where I'm thinking. Because of the sculpt and all the accessories though, I think it justifies the price, but barely. I'm going to get Green next and decide from there if I'll continue.

What about armored red though? He doesnt have the lack of weapons issues, so we really dont know what characters come with past pink.

Imo you are all scared over nothing, we do t know what black, blue or yellow come with at all yet.

I don't see the big deal. Yes, a few more option hand parts would have been nice, but I don't see the reason to get so upset. For the most part they come with everything they need. IMO. I think they are definitely worth the price, definitely. Marvel Legends are now $20 MSRP (check out info on the new Captain America Legends figures from NYCC). So for $15-$25 more per figure on average we're getting more articulation, better sculpt, better paint, better packaging, more accessories (even Kibaranger has more than a standard American collectible figure), and more frequent releases. Plus they are imported. I guess if you're upset you're upset, no way around it.

Exactly sci, thats what im trying to say. This line (and the dbz one) was never about the accessories for me; what made the figures worth it was the detail, sculpts, and articulation.

I think some of us have just become so used to getting spoiled in this line that the true value of the figures has been lost. The dragonball line has only just started getting accessories, but they were fine before it happened.

We also forget that these are the most accurate depictions of the power rangers we will likely ever see; would you rather go back to paying the same amount for those crappy BOA muscle freaks they keep making? I doubt it. That alone makes these figures worth their price.

Last edited:
I collect a lot of stuff.. a lot. Marvel Universe/Legends, Kotobukiya, Figma, Tamashii Nations, Medicom, etc. I've been a Hot Toys collector. I've bought pretty much any quality of toy you can think of over the years. So while I'm just giving my opinion, I think I have a rich wealth of knowledge and experience with "toy" figures and collectible figures. The S.H. Figuarts stuff isn't top of the line, but it's pretty darn close. We have definitely become spoiled, but also, the nature of action figures is something less than perfect. Some people like a lot of accessories, some are happy with only what a figure needs. It's all opinion. I think Tamashii generally do the best they can, and there is room for complaint at times, but I also think people tend to get more upset than they need.

That's America's problem, they want everything to have muscles and be huge. They even wanted Pikachu to have muscles. Yet all of us are fine with things the way they are. Ew, BOA, lol. But hey, they knocked the DragonZord outta the park so there's that! ;)

I dont think its so much being spoiled as feeling disappointed with them not sticking to what was established with the Red Ranger for the other basic Rangers, as far as the blasters are concerned.

I thought about White, and It doesnt bother me now that he doesnt have as many hands, since he doesnt have a blaster anyway. So he doesnt really need them. But on the plus side what I like about these is that its a small, finite group to collect. So if I can get over what grievances I have, its only for a few figures. Then its done.

The lack of certain weapons is a problem if it's essential to a figure, I agree. Which is why I say there are definitely valid complaints. I would reckon if there is enough fan feedback Bandai would release a weapons pack for Zyuranger. It could happen, since Super Sentai is what, they're second most popular brand in the Tamashii Nations line? Well, it's in the top somewhere anyway, lol.

Yeah, if you are just in it for the Zyuranger releases then it's not really a big deal. Really, how many people are planning on displaying them without their main weapons? I would have been happy with only enough hands for them to use their main weapons, and the weapons. I think it's pretty cool we get what we do in general. Like how Kibaranger has two different size blades. Yes, he should have them, but they didn't have to do that and I would have been fine with just the longer blade. I'm just one of those guys that isn't hard to please, lol. As long as the sculpt, paint, articulation, and engineering is good I'm pretty happy.

Yeah If I'm being honest, I wont be using a lot of the hands anyway, and really all I'd truly want is the dagger in holstered form (which they're rumored to still be coming with anyway), and in blaster mode. The others are neat to have, and I just want them cause I'm greedy :)

Back