S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an updated version of the original isn’t a bad thing. I’d say that for most of the figures, with the exception of those featuring baggy pants. The 1.0 molds look so funky when posed.

Yes, my wife is on the couch playing story mode right now. I really like how the controls to do special moves are essentially the same for every character, but the special moves are different enough to make each character unique.

Holy crap, between your wife and your child, you're all into Dragon Ball. That's awesome. :rock

Holy crap, between your wife and your child, you're all into Dragon Ball. That's awesome. :rock
When we were dating way back in the late 90's, we would buy DBZ vhs fansubs because the show wasn't really available in the US yet; when she bought me Final Bout for my birthday, I knew I had to marry her. Then we discovered how to get anime codecs off the internet for other anime shows...yeah, we were the nerdy couple pushing a stroller at SDCC wearing anime t-shirts.

On a side note, she made me switch the language back over to Japanese on Fighter Z because it sounds like Vegeta yells, "********* Bastard!" :lol

It’s crazy to think how at one point in time Final Bout was considered the best DBZ/GT game available (despite DBZ Legends being released around the same time & simultaneously being vastly superior in almost every aspect, the game never left Japan & thus never caught on)

God, I remember those games. Final Bout was okay. It has the same nostalgic feeling as that of Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles. A rough and imperfect game by today’s standards, but it was all we had back in the day, sadly. :lol

I’m glad we have options today, that’s for sure. Still love the first Budokai. And Burst Limit was fun for a time. I never owned the tenkaichi games. Never cared to. Xenoverse 1 and 2 are pretty fun. They could certainly be better and I’m hoping X3 improves greatly upon the formula, as well as the technical aspects of the aesthetics and design.

Unfortunately, I’ve only mildly tinkered around with FighterZ. My old school fighting days have dwindled. I’m mostly nostalgic at this point.

D4DF837C-1142-47B1-A9FC-917A901DEA45.jpg

My Ichiban Kuji Frieza came today, so I had another photo op with my figuarts!!
QMHYGwq.jpg

6o3F2OJ.jpg

That's a really awesome display, Kanji. You really managed to do something impactful with a more confined space. That looks great.

Quick snap of Black. Ordered the Scythe from Ferrytale Customs and can't wait but honestly I don't know if I have a hand to use to hold it atm.

2-211.png

That's a really awesome display, Kanji. You really managed to do something impactful with a more confined space. That looks great.

Quick snap of Black. Ordered the Scythe from Ferrytale Customs and can't wait but honestly I don't know if I have a hand to use to hold it atm.

2-211.png

Thanks TJ! I really appreciate your comments. I do the best I can with the limited space I have. No idea how i'm gonna squeeze Figure-Rise Piccolo & Cell in when they arrive!!

I love your photo's btw, been checking them on dbf whenever you post! You have great skills with a camera! I'd love to see your setup someday.

4024009F-1330-4AE0-A606-7E3171328FC9.jpegB16E19E2-AA27-44D4-99AF-6CB7D23C3111.jpeg7E5F63DB-3205-4E72-AE21-A0D2F1C7B2C0.jpeg8836340D-3FCC-49E2-8918-FF3A3887E7AA.jpegsome photos for the frieza renewal
Played for a while, i think its a great improvement.

The light-blue shading on him is awesome, much better than official photos.
Also the “corrected” color of shoulder
But this time the joint became purple and its really far from perfect...
Articulation are the same, but the 3 heads are all new sculpt,
the smiling face where there is a hole on top for putting up the halo
Its the best scuplt imo, totally outclassed the og
But the other two... acceptable but dont deserve compliment.
The eye balls of the shouting face is too small
It really look strange
Another... i think tamashii want to make it an “angry”face when he is throwing the deathball to destroy planet namek
But i think its more like a “feeling painful” face like what i did on the third photo
Accessary-wise, no rock piece but i think there are a lot other substitution so its fine.

Overall, its a high quality figure.
The pearl purple is great, the shading is great,
The articulation is not as loose as the OG.
Its still a lazy repaint but much better than PCE cell which the difference is just color.
A must get item even you already have the og freiza!

And you can keep the of frieza too cuz you basically three more head sculpts to play around with.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back