S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They already have the head mold done. I wouldn't be surprised if they reused the Super Saiyan God faces unless they're significantly different.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

With the recent prototypes revealed, would anybody want to say which are their Top Reveals? Singles, pairs, or what ever you've been hoping for lately.

Modding the ss3 Goku body to take the SWA Goku neck wouldn't be too difficult but you will need to sacrifice a peg from the torso of another figure. You can cut it off the donor then just use glue or putty to stick it into the hole under ss3 Goku's neck. I'm pretty sure the head swaps were seeing just have the neck balanced on there.

With the recent prototypes revealed, would anybody want to say which are their Top Reveals? Singles, pairs, or what ever you've been hoping for lately.

Majin Vegeta looks fantastic even with the reused hair. His body sculpt is on point [emoji1362]

Goku Black also looks great but I have yet to be truly impressed. I need to see how the other faces and SSR look before saying it's top notch. Solid release though.

Gotenks always looked off to me. Ever since he was first shown I was never satisfied with him. His proportions looked off and his so did his face.

They need to bring back Buutenks, Buuham, and SSJ4 Goku with the 2.0 updates. I've never been more excited for the line than the day I feasted my eyes on them. Vados and Champa would be nice too but there's no rush really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majin vegeta was definitely a top reveal! Gotenks is pretty cool too although i feel like it's a kid goku situation where he has to be a bit oversized (and yeah they need to touch him up a bit), and i agree they need to bring back the buus and ssj4. Goku black was also a nice reveal, but yeah gotta see the rest of what theyre gonna offer for him to really make a good judgement.

past reveals that were awesome were nappa, tien, and yamcha, nobody expected that those would ever get released! Kid goku was also pretty awesome when revealed, and the original proto SSG goku.

Not my pic IMG_3172.JPG

Majin Vegeta looks fantastic even with the reused hair. His body sculpt is on point [emoji1362]

Goku Black also looks great but I have yet to be truly impressed. I need to see how the other faces and SSR look before saying it's top notch. Solid release though.

Gotenks always looked off to me. Ever since he was first shown I was never satisfied with him. His proportions looked off and his so did his face.

They need to bring back Buutenks, Buuham, and SSJ4 Goku with the 2.0 updates. I've never been more excited for the line than the day I feasted my eyes on them. Vados and Champa would be nice too but there's no rush really

You brought up a great point the other day about Majin Vegeta being in his Super Saiyan form for awhile before his fight with Goku. It made me think that Tamashii might be doing this on purpose for another release down the line. I'll explain later when I get to a computer.

I'm most excited about Goku Black because it's so soon. It seemed that Tamashii was putting the most focus on the Dragon Ball Z Sagas and when I saw Goku Black at SDCC, I was speechless. Then to see the Shonen Jump announce him for March release...it's actually happening. The Super Saiyan Rose head mold has me the most interested due to which sculpt is being used. Super Warrior Awakening is too old in art style and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is too small for the newer, thicker body. (Although Goku Black is smaller, it might look good.) I'm really hoping for a perfect in between. (Also because it will be used for Super Saiyan Blue Goku.) Then his faces for both normal and Super Saiyan Rose also have me interested because he's such an insane character and has great expressions. Specifically regular Goku Black.

Gotenks' face looks ridiculously off for me. I've been hoping they changed it and the hair mold but, sadly, I don't think it's happening. Which is a shame because the Figuarts Zero Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks is so spot on for the likeness. I'm not sure how they couldn't transfer that sculpting over to the S.H.Figuarts.

Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed) only needed updated hip articulation. Although, another difficult situation I feel could have been the face accessory options. I don't believe it had a head joint and was one solid piece. It doesn't seem that difficult for collectors to remove the neck molds with the new Super Saiyan 3 Goku though so maybe they'll be alright with having collectors do that. Could be the same for Super Buu, as well.

Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) only needed hip articulation. He already had the torso articulation that the newer Goku releases will have. One of the best prototypes in regards to production ready.

Super Saiyan 4 is one of my Holy Grails but I would have no problem with them resculpting the entirety of the torso from the past prototypes. They'll be reusing Tien's legs so that's done but now that Goku has been given bigger arm molds, I would like to see Tamashii add the fur texture onto those new sculpts. The torso also. Tien has the perfect chest for Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Remove the nipples and the scar, add the fur texture where it needs to be, it would look absolutely spectacular. They have the potential to release the best Super Saiyan 4 Goku that could very well never be outmatched.

Vados was also production ready and it would be interesting if they give Champa newer hip articulation or not. I honestly don't think he needs it since Beerus doesn't but I'm not sure how their standards have changed since after Beerus' release. I think they would be great Dragon Ball Super releases right before they introduce Hit, Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale to the line.
majin vegeta was definitely a top reveal! Gotenks is pretty cool too although i feel like it's a kid goku situation where he has to be a bit oversized (and yeah they need to touch him up a bit), and i agree they need to bring back the buus and ssj4. Goku black was also a nice reveal, but yeah gotta see the rest of what theyre gonna offer for him to really make a good judgement.

past reveals that were awesome were nappa, tien, and yamcha, nobody expected that those would ever get released! Kid goku was also pretty awesome when revealed, and the original proto SSG goku.
Scale is kind of whack with this line so I don't mind Gotenks having unusual proportions but it's the hair and face mold that could make the overall product itself much better and accepting.

It still seems so surreal that Nappa went from prototype to release so quickly with Yamcha and Tien following not far behind.

The original Super Saiyan God Goku prototype was one of the best molds I've seen with the older articulation. All Tamashii needed to do was add the newer articulation to the hips and torso and it would have been production ready. I'm very disappointed that they're skipping corner for this release and transformation. Especially that it's still relevant in both the anime and manga.

Hm, interesting. I'm wondering if they swapped the inside mechanics with Super Warrior Awakening Goku. Agh, I may have to take mine apart now.

Edited: Okay, some updates for those interested in this subject.

Michael Craig on Facebook has stated that if you switch the the pegs in the chest, you'll get this result. Meaning it is the Super Warrior Awakening joint inside the Super Saiyan 3 Goku body. This is the result and is said to fit well...

21558730_865734433588097_2183957871842937263_n.jpg

21616398_865735880254619_664686920470435265_n.jpg

He said he's going to try and get all the pieces together for a visual tutorial.

Hm, interesting. I'm wondering if they swapped the inside mechanics with Super Warrior Awakening Goku. Agh, I may have to take mine apart now.

That's actually my image. What I did was open the Torso one each figure, unscrew thw chest joints and swap them. Worked like a charm. Currently looking into getting SS3's peg on Awakening's body.

Probably will be doing it again for Kaio-Ken Goku.

This is fan made but similar to that Majin Vegeta drawing by the fellow member in this group, this looks so realistically possible...

21743376_1195970947173101_3599123638163168527_n.jpg

21752002_1195970973839765_3176566793016221310_n.jpg

Faces and hands...
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's actually my image. What I did was open the Torso one each figure, unscrew thw chest joints and swap them. Worked like a charm. Currently looking into getting SS3's peg on Awakening's body.

Probably will be doing it again for Kaio-Ken Goku.

Awesome! Great to have you on here!

Now when you opened the chest, does that mean that you separated the front and back pieces of the chest?

Would love to see Super Saiyan 3 Goku's pegs on Super Warrior Awakening Goku's body!

Awesome! Great to have you on here!

Now when you opened the chest, does that mean that you separated the front and back pieces of the chest?

Would love to see Super Saiyan 3 Goku's pegs on Super Warrior Awakening Goku's body!

Yeah, I opened the chest on SS3, Umscrewed the peg out and did the same with SWA. Some issues I had was lining up SWA Peg on the SS3 chest VERY carefully. Currently working on getting SS3's peg on SWA.

Yeah, I opened the chest on SS3, Umscrewed the peg out and did the same with SWA. Some issues I had was lining up SWA Peg on the SS3 chest VERY carefully. Currently working on getting SS3's peg on SWA.

How difficult was it to open the chest? Are there multiple connectors? Was there any resistance when screwing in the Super Warrior Awakening peg?

I apologize for all the questions. I'm just glad somebody had decided to find a way to customize it. :yess:

How difficult was it to open the chest? Are there multiple connectors? Was there any resistance when screwing in the Super Warrior Awakening peg?

I apologize for all the questions. I'm just glad somebody had decided to find a way to customize it. :yess:

All good man.

When you get the shirt part off Awakening, You can pop his pecs off and then unscrew it. Then open it from the side

One day hopefully this can be a reality [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji16]
0aa8bc562232c9313306d29ea0d61103.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to the Majin Vegeta pics? I missed those! This looks incredible - I'd love to see the Ginyu Force in the line someday. They would make for such a great display.

I'm patiently awaiting a Figuarts SSJ4 Goku update, but I think the Figure-Rise makes a good stand in until then! I added some paint detailing to it to give it some much needed shading. This was my first attempt at painting a model kit so I'm happy with how it turned out!

6B4azMn.jpg

^cool photo, looks great. Hopefully when SHF SS4 Goku is released, it won't be even shorter than its predecessors

Thanks, Crisis! Yeah, I've always head-cannoned SSJ4 Goku being taller than his other forms. At least that's how I justify the Figure-Rise mixing in with my Figuarts.

Back