S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think Vegito packaging, Cooler. Not just the hair and face sculpts, either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just bought DBZ on blu-ray for the first time (not kai) and i'm knee deep in the freeza saga and I decided I may try to make my own custom head of powering up kaiohken goku with the upright hair (when he power's up for Ginyu) to use with the kaiohken goku that I have. To me it makes the kaiohken that much more intimidating and it's the one detail that would have made this figure perfect (besides having a blue kamehameha ball instead of red)

Anyone have any recommendations on which figures hair sculpt would be the best to use?

View attachment 366391View attachment 366392View attachment 366393

probably vegetto or i also think SSB goku would work too.

Yeah, probably something like this (not bad at all if faces and SSR hair are accurate):

I just happen to have 2 vegetto too. I wish I had thought of that myself, I wouldn't have had to ask. :slap

It has potential.

21844221_1423306307723470_1999836976_o.jpg

Yeah, probably something like this (not bad at all if faces and SSR hair are accurate):

Replace the hair with Super Saiyan Rose, remove the crossed arms, include a couple more faces and hands, and that is most likely what we'll receive.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the SSB goku head could fit well for it, but can imagine that's not something you wanna repaint.

If ssj3 goku really can't do a head/neck swap without truly just wrecking figures and modding severely, then... I think I'm skipping ssj3 Goku.:dunno:
I only like the ssj3 goku look when he's so powered up it makes his gi golden/yellow. That's the DBZ look I loved and set it apart from 2 as more than just a hair change. Like this I think I'll save my money for other stuff. SSJ3 has become so irrelevant. Bummer, I would've liked the 2.0 mold on other Gokus. Thankfully I like the original mold more than most it seems.

Also, if Kid Goku is January and Black is May, are we getting nothing inbetween!?

Kid Goku is in January and Goku Black is March for Japan. May is the France release date.

My guess would be that they broke off the Super Saiyan 3 neck/head joint and used the neck peg from the Super Warrior Awakening Goku. Not completely sure though.

Edited: Darius posted a video on his Instagram explaining it. I'll watch it and type it out when I get home.

I don't know why I thought they broke it off. My apologies on that.

Darius said that you'll have to modify the ball joint on the bottom of the Super Saiyan 3 Goku neck by either drilling/shaving it out. I'm not very familiar with "hardcore" customizing so maybe somebody who does would have a better understanding of the instructions he's describing.

How did they do this does anyone know?
Unless we see any video or action shots of the figure posed I’m kinda thinking they’ve just balanced the head on top of the neck (or the head and neck on top of the torso) without connecting it. All the other shots we’ve seen of non-SS3 heads on this body have been standing straight up so far.

Unless we see any video or action shots of the figure posed I’m kinda assuming they’ve just balanced the head on top of the neck (or the head and neck on top of the torso) without connecting it. All the other shots we’ve seen of non-SS3 heads on this body have been standing straight up so far.

That's right, we haven't seen any action poses of him. Good catch! I wonder if they've taken the neck/head off of the other releases and then placed it on the Super Saiyan 3 body for the photos.

hey guys! sorry, i know ive been on a figurise binge haha. So i finished figurise trunks (dx version), and this line continues to impress with each new release! This is a very nice kit, the skin tone plastic and jacket portions are all done in a matte finish plastic already. So even out of the box it gives a high quality feel to the touch. I would say that even if you dont want vegeta, the dx set is worth it for trunks, they have him in his classic animation color with the purple/indigo looking jacket, basically colors closer to his ssj form. The single boxed release of him is actually the PCE color.

The only draw back to this kit is that they decided to mold the silver parts in white (sword, top and bottom portions of the sheath), and also uses stickers for the buckles, and part of the buckle on the sheath is also not colored. So the kit requires a bit of small touch up paints. I didnt build the sword and sheath since the weather outside hasnt been the best for spraying. I tried hand painting the buckle on his pants, and it came out...okayish...i havent hand painted in a long time, but it'll do for now, if it starts to bother me i guess i can always just clean it and stick the decal over it lol I also think the i did the brown shading on the boots a little too heavy (boots also already have a matte finish). It's actually a bit harder to do shading with real touch markers on matte plastic as it doesnt fade as easily when you try to shade it away and etc.

I dare to say that i may even like this trunks more than the SHF, i just wish his normal head came with 1 more face that was happy. These are my impressions of the DX version, not sure if the standard bluer one has the same finishes on the same parts, he does reuse goku's legs and hips though, but it works for trunks. In promo pics it looks too baggy but once you have it in hand it's not bad. They also dont have the pupils in the eyes of the regular face but i just dotted those in pretty easily.

So here are some pics, sorry for the bad lighting, the lighting also didnt catch some of the subtle shading i did on the skin either, also to note that the DX version skin tone is a bit paler as well, but adding in orange shading or brown fixes that. I also did not shade the pants as i felt it didnt really need it on the gray pants (what do you guys think?), and i tried shading the shirt a bit but since it had matte finish it was kind of difficult do a more natural shading on it. The normal hair is glossy plastic though so it's alot easier to detail, a matte coat on it will definitely improve it alot after (just waiting on more ideal weather lol

It's also way easier to get this trunks into sword slashing poses, something the SHF CAN do but not easily.

quick side note, be very careful with the strands of hair he has hanging down from his bangs, those seem a bit fragile as theyre more solid plastic, theyre super fragile, but caution should be used when handling them.

figurise trunks normal.jpg

figurise ssj trunks.jpg

figurise trunks b attack.jpg

figurise trunks masenko.jpg

I think you've tempted me to purchase the DX set of Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks, misterW. They look great. I haven't bought a Figure-Rise Standard since Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta. They've been my "Holy Grail" for quite awhile and I was extremely satisfied with them.

A fight between all the Gods of Destruction would have been cool to see. Great moment for Beerus to show how powerful he is against the other Gods of Destruction. Has it ever been said which God of Destruction is more powerful than him?

I think you've tempted me to purchase the DX set of Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks, misterW. They look great. I haven't bought a Figure-Rise Standard since Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta. They've been my "Holy Grail" for quite awhile and I was extremely satisfied with them.

A fight between all the Gods of Destruction would have been cool to see. Great moment for Beerus to show how powerful he is against the other Gods of Destruction. Has it ever been said which God of Destruction is more powerful than him?

haha nice angelo! yeah theyre good kits especially trunks! and the plus side of getting the DX besides the coloring for trunks is that they include a deluxe stand for them. Im actually hoping to get the DX goku and krillin for another dx stand too. These kits are really nice, and when you put a bit of elbow grease into them, they look even better. Only other problem i have is nub marks on the effect parts, im also looking forward to the bigger kamehameha beam that's gonna come with the normal goku.

I also got the ssj4 for both of them too, as they are also my holy grails lol poseable ssj4 figures? count me in! who knows when tamashii will release SHF versions, also the green charge effect that comes with ssj4 vegeta can be used for SHF broly, and i think that would like pretty awesome!

Dragon Ball Fighter Z gets an original character: Android 21.

DJ2MiVDUIAAC04l_thumb.jpg

I dig her design and outfit as a play off Harley Quinn and the Red Ribbon colors

There's a DX Set scheduled for Goku and Krillin? I wonder what's going to be different about them. I dig the effect parts a lot. I've repainted a few of the blasts and have been impressed how much a coat of paint improves the sculpt. They look really cool.

It's going to be awhile before Tamashii Nations releases the Super Saiyan 4 characters but it will eventually happen. Honestly, as much as it's killing me for not having them at the moment, I don't mind waiting if that means that the quality of the sculpt and production in general is up to Tamashii's current standards.

Yeah! As soon as I saw the Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta energy blast I immediately thought of Broly. I'm going to repaint that at some point as well. May actually do it this week. The Android 17 energy wall looks awesome too and I've been considering purchasing him and Android 17. It'll be interesting if they release Android 16. He may be the alternative for those that were upset about the S.H.Figuarts height.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z gets an original character: Android 21.

I dig her design and outfit as a play off Harley Quinn and the Red Ribbon colors

If she's popular enough, I could see Tamashii releasing an S.H.Figuarts of her. It would be extremely easy for them.

haha nice angelo! yeah theyre good kits especially trunks! and the plus side of getting the DX besides the coloring for trunks is that they include a deluxe stand for them. Im actually hoping to get the DX goku and krillin for another dx stand too. These kits are really nice, and when you put a bit of elbow grease into them, they look even better. Only other problem i have is nub marks on the effect parts, im also looking forward to the bigger kamehameha beam that's gonna come with the normal goku.

I also got the ssj4 for both of them too, as they are also my holy grails lol poseable ssj4 figures? count me in! who knows when tamashii will release SHF versions, also the green charge effect that comes with ssj4 vegeta can be used for SHF broly, and i think that would like pretty awesome!

what is a good paint/markers to use on the figure rise kits?

what is a good paint/markers to use on the figure rise kits?

gundam real touch markers are good for shading, and any acrylic paints would work for the kits. I find that sprays are best for even coats, and only resort to hand painting for small details. coincidentally any paints meant for gundams, can work for these as well. Most of the time these kits dont need much paint work, just mostly shading and detailing and small bits of paint here and there. :lecture a nice matte coat or gloss coat afterwards will probably make it that much better too. Im planning to gloss coat the hair and matte coat everything else.

@angelo i was thinking of painting some of the effects but not sure in what way i want to, mind showing a few pics of yours for examples? i was thinking maybe for the kamehameha i would do pearl white and then a light spray of metallic blue in a gradient :lol once again we're on the same page with stuff haha :clap

on a side note, been looking at pics of the upcoming SSG goku and the original proto, i think the new one could pass better if they just used skinnier arms as well, but oh well.

Back