S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I find the official upcoming releases?

There's no other official announcements other than Android 17, Broly, and Android 16. Here's Tamashii's website though. https://www.tamashii.jp/item_brand/shfiguarts/

Edited:
I honestly wish Tamashii Nations announce a re-release for Gohan. Looking for a replacement one only is such a pain in the donkey honestly. He's $200+ now.

If Bluefin has any plan on re-releasing Perfect Cell at the SDCC, they should coordinate with Tamashii on re-releasing Super Saiyan Gohan.

His hair is the same length, what's different is the focal length of the camera lens, and distance to the object. Different focal lengths play tricks with perspective, everything medium depth and beyond look farther away, so its more easily occluded by the hair in the front.
Example:
View attachment 135017
View attachment 135018

Very interesting. It still seems like it's been improved but it must be the shade of green that they've used that looks a lot better.

Awesome pictures Havok.

Tamashii Effect Explosion Gray & Red versions (release date February, price ¥2700 each set):

fo20007.jpg

Source: TAG Hobby.

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

To be honest, there was a lot of time to get Perfect Cell, almost two years. I don't think Cell should be re-released that soon if at all. Gohan should get a re-release though due to the long wait between 17 and Broly.

Im laughing at folk saying Brolys quality has went down. Did anyone actually expect any different? It always happens when transitioning from prototype to production figure. I for one think he actually looks a bit better now without the shading on his body, Broly wasnt a colourful character, and the hair is much more like what it should be.

There are many improvements from the prototype to what seems to be the final product. The color of the hair, the shading of the body, and even the area between his shoulders doesn't seem as flat.

The only aspect of the figure that I'm skeptical about are the lines around the eyes but that may be understandable so they stand out rather than get lost on his face.

To be honest, there was a lot of time to get Perfect Cell, almost two years. I don't think Cell should be re-released that soon if at all. Gohan should get a re-release though due to the long wait between 17 and Broly.

I disagree. Two years seems to be the average time between an original release and an SDCC re-release. It would only be fitting for Tamashii to re-release Super Saiyan Gohan and Bluefin to re-release Perfect Cell around the same time. Similar to how I would expect Tamashii to release Kid Buu and Bluefin re-releasing Super Saiyan 3 Goku. The SDCC may be more difficult to attain but it gives a shred of opportunity for those to have each figure go hand-in-hand for their collection.

Isn't the time between Android 17 and Broly only two months, though? That seems short in comparison to the other releases but I could be wrong since I don't know the exact dates the others were released.

There are many improvements from the prototype to what seems to be the final product. The color of the hair, the shading of the body, and even the area between his shoulders doesn't seem as flat.

The only aspect of the figure that I'm skeptical about are the lines around the eyes but that may be understandable so they stand out rather than get lost on his face.
I see only downgrades. Not only regarding the line around his eyes, but the whole sculpt seems to be less detailed. I can barely see his mouth, for example. We know that downgrades are normal from prototype to mass production / final product figures but I wasn't expecting so much downgrades. I hope this is not the final product, I want shades, details and thin lines... :(

Gohan duck? Not DODGE! ?... wow. These are pretty awful. How I wish I had that SSJ Vegeta and their future Trunks :lol
I disagree. Two years seems to be the average time between an original release and an SDCC re-release. It would only be fitting for Tamashii to re-release Super Saiyan Gohan and Bluefin to re-release Perfect Cell around the same time. Similar to how I would expect Tamashii to release Kid Buu and Bluefin re-releasing Super Saiyan 3 Goku. The SDCC may be more difficult to attain but it gives a shred of opportunity for those to have each figure go hand-in-hand for their collection.

Isn't the time between Android 17 and Broly only two months, though? That seems short in comparison to the other releases but I could be wrong since I don't know the exact dates the others were released.
But we should still get other re-releases before Cell, and all the other ones sold out in a year at least. Plus, SDCC Gohan and Cell were released around the same time. It would be fitting, but I don't think the re-release time is as lenient as you're making it out to be. SSJ3 Goku should get a re-release with Kid Buu though, I'm not sure how long till he sold out but I know it wasn't long. As for SDCC releases, I guess...assuming they can make it more manageable to get them. Tamashii still has released these in an odd way imo. SSJ3 Goku and nothing else from the Buu saga till now, SSJ Vegeta, Trunks, SDCC Gohan and Cell, then they moved to the Frieza Saga with Frieza and Scouter Vegeta and are now back at the Cell/Android Saga.

I thought Broly came in December, but I guess not, so two months isn't bad. I might have confused the dates for the Sailor Moon line.

New trailer for DB Xenoverse for those that are interested:

This game seems to be incorporating several elements from Dragon Ball Online. It seems, plot-wise, Miira & Towa will be the main antagonists.

Personally, I've been off DBZ games for like over a decade now. Occasionally I would dabble into a game here n there, such as Supersonic Warriors for the GBA & DS. Call me old-school, but I still feel DBZ Legends for the Sega Saturn is the best DBZ game released thus far. An HD remake using high-res 2D sprites would be incredible.

That game is the first one to get me excited since Tenkaichi 3; It seems to have elements from Online, heroes and battle royale. I am hoping its as good as Tenkaichi or better.

They could have made a better character to be the "poster boy" for create a character though, seems he was very lazily done instead of showing off the feature to its fullest.

That game is the first one to get me excited since Tenkaichi 3; It seems to have elements from Online, heroes and battle royale. I am hoping its as good as Tenkaichi or better.
yeah same here!

well i havent forgotten about nappa. but back when tamashii showcased the 3 effects.
the explosions were the ones i was the most excited about :p

But we should still get other re-releases before Cell, and all the other ones sold out in a year at least. Plus, SDCC Gohan and Cell were released around the same time. It would be fitting, but I don't think the re-release time is as lenient as you're making it out to be. SSJ3 Goku should get a re-release with Kid Buu though, I'm not sure how long till he sold out but I know it wasn't long. As for SDCC releases, I guess...assuming they can make it more manageable to get them. Tamashii still has released these in an odd way imo. SSJ3 Goku and nothing else from the Buu saga till now, SSJ Vegeta, Trunks, SDCC Gohan and Cell, then they moved to the Frieza Saga with Frieza and Scouter Vegeta and are now back at the Cell/Android Saga.

I thought Broly came in December, but I guess not, so two months isn't bad. I might have confused the dates for the Sailor Moon line.

Which characters should have a re-release before Perfect Cell that would qualify? The only one I can think of is Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Possibly Krillin, too.

Yeah, Super Saiyan 3 Goku was a strange placement, not that I mind because I love the figure, but everybody else seemed close enough until Scouter Vegeta. It's strange because it's not even Namek/Frieza Saga Vegeta, it's Saiyan Saga Vegeta. The only other figure that could be matched with that Saga is Piccolo. It almost seemed like Tamashii wanted to get the main villains from each Saga out close to each other.

I believe it's only two months. I'm going according to Amazon; Android 17th - October 28th and Broly - December 30th.

Rereleases? Hmm lets see.... a certain saiyan prince or the teen ssj2 come to mind before Cell :lol

Honestly, Cell is actually the one figure in this line that sat at retail for almost two years before rising in price. Ssj Vegeta may have sat for about a year but that was only due to a lack of interest in the line. Bluefin would have a VERY hard time convincing Tamashii to reissue Cell, heck they are having trouble reissuing Vegeta! And they surely see the prices hes going for!

Which characters should have a re-release before Perfect Cell that would qualify? The only one I can think of is Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Possibly Krillin, too.

Yeah, Super Saiyan 3 Goku was a strange placement, not that I mind because I love the figure, but everybody else seemed close enough until Scouter Vegeta. It's strange because it's not even Namek/Frieza Saga Vegeta, it's Saiyan Saga Vegeta. The only other figure that could be matched with that Saga is Piccolo. It almost seemed like Tamashii wanted to get the main villains from each Saga out close to each other.

I believe it's only two months. I'm going according to Amazon; Android 17th - October 28th and Broly - December 30th.
trunks and vegeta. No question, especially because it is of their cell saga outfits. Krillin is also easy to find still.

Saiyan saga vegeta is roughly the same as frieza saga really, because he at least has the shoulder pads for a while. Having the main villains isn't a bad idea though, if you have the other core main characters in their look from that saga

I checked elsewhere and it is two months yeah.

I believe Tamashii is finally "learning the ropes" so to speak. It's obvious at first they didn't even realise the potential goldmine DBZ had & still has, which is why they almost ended the line. DBZ is alive now more than ever, with the success of BoG & a new movie set for release next year (arguably, DBZ has never really experienced a "down-time," it's always been popular since the late 90's & throughout the 2000's when it was finally dubbed in English after the Frieza Saga). Quality takes time, but more releases each year would be beneficial for both parties. We're not getting any younger, and it would suck waiting till my mid-30's for Nappa or Shenron to finally be released :gah:

Rereleases? Hmm lets see.... a certain saiyan prince or the teen ssj2 come to mind before Cell :lol

Honestly, Cell is actually the one figure in this line that sat at retail for almost two years before rising in price. Ssj Vegeta may have sat for about a year but that was only due to a lack of interest in the line. Bluefin would have a VERY hard time convincing Tamashii to reissue Cell, heck they are having trouble reissuing Vegeta! And they surely see the prices hes going for!

Re-releases in regards to SDCC Exclusive. Super Saiyan Vegeta would be difficult to get away with since there's not much, if any, repainting to be done. Perfect Cell can easily get away with a SDCC repaint with a much lighter color of green closer to the anime. (Which would be strange because aren't most SDCC Exclusives repainted with a darker shade?)

180px-CellPerfectEp170.png

trunks and vegeta. No question, especially because it is of their cell saga outfits. Krillin is also easy to find still.

Saiyan saga vegeta is roughly the same as frieza saga really, because he at least has the shoulder pads for a while. Having the main villains isn't a bad idea though, if you have the other core main characters in their look from that saga

I checked elsewhere and it is two months yeah.

Would Trunks be qualified enough for a repaint, though?

I agree. The only major difference I can think of between Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Namek Saga Vegeta is the lower body armor. Although, Frieza Saga Vegeta is more associated with the shortened armor, right? Not a bad idea at all. Having the main villains is great because you definitely want to pose these figures fighting. It'll be interesting though to see if Tamashii is interested at all about previous forms of Frieza and Cell.

Your idea about re-releasing Super Saiyan Gohan in between those two months doesn't sound like a bad idea though.

Back