S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cell's wings are annoying. They will sag a bit and get in the way a lot when trying to do action stuff. If your display space is limited, the wings are a nuisance. Otherwise they are fine, they hold their position for the most part, but move really easily when you pick it up or graze them. Mostly they bug me because I like having Cell on a stand and the wings and mostly his shortened tail get in the way.

Canofbeams.com is your best bet, I've bought 5 effects from him and they've all been great.

EDIT: He also offers effects that aren't even on the site, I've got a really cool slashing effect for Trunks sword that he never posted pics of.

AWESOME! Thanks! Do you have some pictures of the ones that you have? The ones on his site are insane, I love the rapid fire.

Cells Wings have a great range of motion, they're light-weight enough that they don't flop around. They move on standard ball shaped hinge joints that plug into his back and swivel side to side, as the hinge can move back and forth.

Cell in my opinion, isn't as durable as the other DBZ figuarts, his tail (or poking thing) is really thin, and is made out of a hard plastic with no flex or give. I fear it may snap if he fell on it (it's location makes that unlikely though)

His crown feels a little fragile too. :/

Cell's wings are annoying. They will sag a bit and get in the way a lot when trying to do action stuff. If your display space is limited, the wings are a nuisance. Otherwise they are fine, they hold their position for the most part, but move really easily when you pick it up or graze them. Mostly they bug me because I like having Cell on a stand and the wings and mostly his shortened tail get in the way.

As long as they hold their position then it's pretty solid but I can see that becoming a nuisance with the stand. I noticed even at SDCC they put him on a wire instead of a Tamashii stand.

True about Cell feeling more delicate. There's more going on with him.

My main gripe with him is his torso. I like that is extends, but mine is a bit on the floppy side and it shifts around too much when trying to pose him. I'm always having to readjust it, which doing so often messes up what I've done with the arms or wings. Still one of my favorite figuarts though. Looks so... perfect. :)

Out of all the Dragonball toys I currently have, I do agree that Cell seems to be the most delicate. I'm very careful when handling him, I especially make sure not to squeeze him from the side because I'm afraid his wings might get squished together and break lol :D

Cell is also the only Dragonball toy that I needed to use Pledge Floor Care on just to make his leg not loose. He used not be able to hold his left leg up (he came in that way), but fortunately after I treated him with PFC, he's just as good as the other guys now.

I love these Dragonball toys, I really wish I started buying them when they first appeared. Too bad I never heard of Figuarts or Monsterarts until this year! I really want a Normal Scouter Vegeta because this version is one of the most memorable to me as a teenager back then. I remember trying to watch Dragonball every week just to get a glimpse of Vegeta and Nappa's armor. Then that episode came where Vegeta and Nappa blew up the planet of those insect people came, I really wanted his toy version even more. I just found it weird how his color changed from orange to blue and white in the anime. Is there an official explanation for this?

Oh well, once I've got my funds properly secured, I'll go buy a Normal Vegeta (Datong is arriving soon, whee) :)

Cells Wings have a great range of motion, they're light-weight enough that they don't flop around. They move on standard ball shaped hinge joints that plug into his back and swivel side to side, as the hinge can move back and forth.

Cell in my opinion, isn't as durable as the other DBZ figuarts, his tail (or poking thing) is really thin, and is made out of a hard plastic with no flex or give. I fear it may snap if he fell on it (it's location makes that unlikely though)

His crown feels a little fragile too. :/

They do have a great range of motion. I love how you had them when he was doing the kamehameha.

Yeah, I'm going to be very careful with Perfect Cell the most. Everybody else does seem to be more durable since they are very core concentrated.

Out of all the Dragonball toys I currently have, I do agree that Cell seems to be the most delicate. I'm very careful when handling him, I especially make sure not to squeeze him from the side because I'm afraid his wings might get squished together and break lol :D

Cell is also the only Dragonball toy that I needed to use Pledge Floor Care on just to make his leg not loose. He used not be able to hold his left leg up (he came in that way), but fortunately after I treated him with PFC, he's just as good as the other guys now.

I love these Dragonball toys, I really wish I started buying them when they first appeared. Too bad I never heard of Figuarts or Monsterarts until this year! I really want a Normal Scouter Vegeta because this version is one of the most memorable to me as a teenager back then. I remember trying to watch Dragonball every week just to get a glimpse of Vegeta and Nappa's armor. Then that episode came where Vegeta and Nappa blew up the planet of those insect people came, I really wanted his toy version even more. I just found it weird how his color changed from orange to blue and white in the anime. Is there an official explanation for this?

Oh well, once I've got my funds properly secured, I'll go buy a Normal Vegeta (Datong is arriving soon, whee) :)

They are really fantastic figures. Can't believe I was about to sell them all. Pissed I sold what I did but glad I came to my sense before unloading SDCC Gohan, Frieza and Trunks like I was about to. Had actually received a deposit for them from someone but refunded it... actually gave the guy a few extra bucks too since I felt bad about backing out of the deal, but I just couldn't go through with it. Seeing Android 16 at SDCC snapped me back to the reality of needing to keep these. Not because I care about Android 16 so much, but just seeing how damn perfect he is.

My datong should be here in a little over a week too :)

They are really fantastic figures. Can't believe I was about to sell them all. Pissed I sold what I did but glad I came to my sense before unloading SDCC Gohan, Frieza and Trunks like I was about to. Had actually received a deposit for them from someone but refunded it... actually gave the guy a few extra bucks too since I felt bad about backing out of the deal, but I just couldn't go through with it. Seeing Android 16 at SDCC snapped me back to the reality of needing to keep these. Not because I care about Android 16 so much, but just seeing how damn perfect he is.

My datong should be here in a little over a week too :)

I would have gave them a great home. :lol Glad you kept them though and found your passion for them again.

(Edited: Not that I was the one who ordered them, I'm just joking around.)

I can't even imagine what the heck Broly is going to be like in person other than awesomely massive.

You know what would break my heart? If later on they suddenly hint that they'll be releasing a character whose name ends in "han" then they say "he's not bald". Then they would say his name starts with the letter "G". You just know this has got to be a re-issue of Gohan (I don't have him yet! :( ) and then when they finally reveal the character, it's actually Grandpa Gohan lol :)

How is Gohan? I've seen reviews of him but I was wondering how those who have him like him. He's my most want character but I'm waiting on the re-release where I'll buy at least two.

Does everybody have calluses from dealing with their Vegeta head? That sucker is pointy.

Or is that just the Datong Vegeta?

Gohan - great. My favorite figure probably. Was also my first figuarts figure. Only have the SDCC version. Only complain is that his arms come off at the elbow pretty easily. Common problem from what I understand, but just with the SDCC I think, not the original manga release.

Vegeta head - not just the datong. ouch.

I kind of want to buy like 3 of one figure and with stands set up a flash attack thing, so it looks like he's attacking super quick. If I bought 3 of two different figures, like 3 friezas and 3 ss gokus, I could set up some really cool stuff with a couple display stands, maybe finally buy a trident tamashii stand.

Grandpa Gohan wouldn't even be such a bad thing lol
I still think it would be cool if they did a Dragon Ball line, with Kid Goku (They can do the blue gi and Kamesen uniform! They can still milk Goku), Bandit Yamcha, Bulma, Roshi, Krillin, Tien, and King Piccolo.

A bluefin rep explained that they don't have the master toy licence like hasbro has with star wars, which means that they'll never truly mass produce anything, they're not allowed licence-wise.

Bandai can do that I think (not even sure), but not tamashii nations. But yes the quality would suffer.

They just need to rerelease a select few once in a while concerning main characters, or release them with updated versions. Primarely goku and vegeta.

I would love if they would just release the sdcc goku head on a new goku figure that had a different body. That way everyone wins. Those with the exclusive keep their exclusive and the rest can bash the head with the reg goku body.

Dammit Deano! He's been in the entire storyline of Dragon Ball! I think he's worthy of a figure!
Not to mention his cool design, likeable character, and admirable tenacity to have lasted so long.

Back