S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it actually said in the Japanese show or Manga that Vegeta gets a power boost from Majin? Because in the Funi dub all I remember him saying was that he'd felt he lost his edge since he started a family and cared for them, and that Majin simply eliminated those cares and brought him back to the mindset of being the ruthless warrior he was before.

Either way, I feel he definitely achieved SS2 on his own prior to that. He reached his ascended Super Saiyan form within a year of training in the time chamber without any prior knowledge of there even being a higher form of SS, so I have to imagine in the 7 years that passed in which he knew about SS2 he'd have strived for it and gotten there on his own. Nothing about his demeanor suggested he wouldn't have achieved it. Why would he have entered the tournament and seemed so confident knowing that Gohan is SS2, and likely Goku as well, if he hadn't also reached that level? Why would he look down on Gohan for getting weaker if he wasn't at least as strong as SS2 Gohan? You don't make fun of someone for having a crappy car when all you have is a bicycle.

If we're gonna talk about cheating Goku and Gohan had their fair share of help. Goku was nowhere near Vegeta's level until he had otherworldly training from King Kai, which gave him the Spirit Bomb and Kaio-Ken. He also achieved SS2 and 3 from otherworldly training, and when it came time to use SS3 with his living body he couldn't handle it. Gohan had power literally handed to him without having to lift a finger twice. First by Guru, then by Old Kai. He also had a lot of help with his training. As the future timeline tells us he only reached SS2 because he had Goku to hold his hand through the process.

take a look at spopovich before and after Majin.
even MR. satan was able to defeat spopovich

Doesn't mean the same circumstance occurred for Vegeta. Vegeta retained control, which is one difference that could have effected other things. The Funi dub never implied he got any kind of power boost, just that it brought out his inner evil which in theory would have made him stronger.

Doesn't mean the same circumstance occurred for Vegeta. Vegeta retained control, which is one difference that could have effected other things. The Funi dub never implied he got any kind of power boost, just that it brought out his inner evil which in theory would have made him stronger.

Evil doesn't make you any stronger. You're either strong, or you're not. It just made him blood thirsty like he used to be. But the Majin did make him much more powerful to Goku's level. He knew he wasn't as strong as he in Babidi's ship when Goku turned SS2 against Yakon. If I remember right, Vegeta says in his head "Ka karotto (I don't know why his name is censored) passed the Super Saiyan wall too" which proved he achieved SS2 already.

Evil doesn't make you any stronger. You're either strong, or you're not. It just made him blood thirsty like he used to be. But the Majin did make him much more powerful to Goku's level. He knew he wasn't as strong as he in Babidi's ship when Goku turned SS2 against Yakon. If I remember right, Vegeta says in his head "Ka karotto (I don't know why his name is censored) passed the Super Saiyan wall too" which proved he achieved SS2 already.

And equally proves Vegeta wasn't at that point, doesn't it?

Still don't think Vegeta reached ssj2 on his own, if you want to call it that at all. He used Majin powers to get to Goku's ssj 2 level (of which it's almost stupid he's ssj2 all of a suddon to begin with imo). Then when he loses his Majin control, Vegeta's clearly a grand saiyin warrior, so he probably knew how to keep his powers. But nevertheless, apart from whether he could've in time, as far as I can tell Vegeta did not reach ssj2 naturally.

But as I said I think the whole Buu saga cheapened a lot, because part of what made Gohan so impressive was that Goku KNEW Gohan was stronger than any of them including himself and he says that, at least in the Funi dub he does.

Didn't Toriyama originally want to keep Gohan the strongest but was pretty much coerced by fans into falling back on Goku? It seems that theory sticks with everything up to the tournament saga....

What are you referring to?

It was said before that they believed Vegeta was already around ssj2 because he mentions Gohan was a lot weaker during the tournament saga. But if your quote is correct, then clearly he wasn't during the point where Goku showed his ssj2 form in Babidi's ship. (I also really still don't get why you can't spot someone's weaker then before yet not ever have been as strong as that yourself. Actually, that would be ridiculous.) It's also logical that that would drive Vegeta to actually saying well F this, I'm gonna utilize this Majin power to get there...

It seems to me that a lot of Vegeta fans might want him to be ssj2 on his own like Goku and Gohan, but imo consistency within what's presented seems to point to the opposite: he used Majin powers to achieve a ssj2-like state.

It's in the Manga that he said Goku achieved it too. He turned SS2 in front of Goku with not much exertion so that cannot be his first time. SS2 has the same characteristics to gain it that SS1 did, you can't just be granted a SS level.

It's in the Manga that he said Goku achieved it too. He turned SS2 in front of Goku with not much exertion so that cannot be his first time. SS2 has the same characteristics to gain it that SS1 did, you can't just be granted a SS level.

At what point exactly does he say this? Cause that is important explicit evidence that would refute my point.

Btw I actually always liked the idea of Vegeta getting to ssj2 when he breaks free from Babidi's spell, but that's probably not accurate. One of Vegeta's best moment imo though.

At what point exactly does he say this? Cause that is important explicit evidence that would refute my point.

He doesn't come out and say he achieved SS2, but it's implied he was surprised that Goku was able to do it as well.

Read Chapter 452 of the Manga.

https://www.manga2u.me/Dragon_Ball/452/10/

Take it how you want, but I believe he was able to do it and chose to be a Majin since he could sense that he was still stronger than himself even with him being able to do SS2.

Hmmmm, tricky. Is could be "as well".. As me. But easily also "as well..." as Gohan.

Some might be annoyed by this, but I genuinely think it's meant as the latter, simply because it seems to me the most consistent with the rest of the show and equally the most simple meaning, Ockham's razor style...

Still think it makes the most sense if Vegeta simply used Majin powers to get to the level of ssj2. And I still also think everything about the Buu saga cheapened Gohan's achievement of ssj2, which is what I dislike about all of this.

It's one of those things that is left up for interpretation. There wasn't any kind of secret loop hole to achieve SS2 so I can't see it being outside of Vegeta's reach. He was probably stronger than Gohan was in SS1 so he definitely had the power criteria in reaching SS2.

And to your point about Gohan, he was about as strong in SS2 as Goku & Vegeta were in SS1.

Back