S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, its an unwritten rule that they have to hire people who have no idea how to pose a figure well, have they even realised they posed piccolos arms in such a way that it blocked his face? Lol

Nice to hear friezas being shipped already! Mine still says 'shipping now' but hopefully it won't be long as I preordered like as soon as it went up on amazon :p

Ok, I've been buying some of these figures lately and I came across something interesting. The figures have logos in the bottom right under the window, some say Dragon Ball Z, and some say Dragon Ball Z Kai. Furthermore, sometimes the logos are in full color and sometimes they are black and white. Does anyone know any reason for this? I have a few examples.

The ones with gold sticker are japanese version. In the cases above, its the dragon ball kai versions.

Do you know if they about equal rarity? Any idea why one of the Goku is in color and the other is black and white?

They are all equal rarity the stickers and colour of boxes dont make any difference its mainly the figure that matters bro lol

They are all equal rarity the stickers and colour of boxes dont make any difference its mainly the figure that matters bro lol

I agree but I'm still curious about why there's even a difference at all. Is DBZ Kai more popular in Japan than America? It just seems weird for them to go to all the trouble of changing the packaging when it could just as easily have been left the same for all versions. Why would they even go to that trouble?

I agree but I'm still curious about why there's even a difference at all. Is DBZ Kai more popular in Japan than America? It just seems weird for them to go to all the trouble of changing the packaging when it could just as easily have been left the same for all versions. Why would they even go to that trouble?

the colorful Z logo is a sticker... not much of a trouble if you ask me
you could remove the sticker for all i care :)

The stickers are meant to show where they are sold, with japan being the gold sticker because they dont getnthese figures at retail.

Dont get sucked into the scam that gold stickers are supposedly better, they arent! All the same figure.

The reason you see "gold sticker" figures overpriced is because japan doesnt get alot of each figure, so the scalpers try and make them sound rarer than the american ones, dont fall fall for it!

Last edited:
Like what the others have stated, the stickers and minor packaging differences are just to show which market they are for. Inside of the figure are all the same.

These are sold as regular in the US because DBZ is more popular here than in asia nowadays. Hence they are sold as exclusives in asia because there arent too many demand nowadays.

it's funny though that even the manga colored versions have the dbz/kai logo while it actually should just say dragonball cause the z was given to the anime alone

it's funny though that even the manga colored versions have the dbz/kai logo while it actually should just say dragonball cause the z was given to the anime alone

Lol so true, but maybe it woulda confused ppl seeing "dragonball" then ssj goku lol

Back