S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might sell my ssj vegeta the if that's the price

I'm serious. If it's not missing paint or doesn't have marks on the faces and hair, a problem I have with my current one, the paint apps are sharp everywhere else on the figure, and it's not broken. I'll pay $250 directly through PayPal, provided you send an invoice.

PM coming your way.

tumblr_lzabidIRYc1ro1rkmo1_500.gif

You obviously didn't read my comment... It's ok. Most plotholes in GT can be cleared with a little common sense and reasoning. Like I said, if you dislike Gt for it's plotholes then you must hate Dragonball z(plotholes galore).

Let's go over a list of DBZ plotholes since we love dem soo much ;P

Q:How did Vegeta get his body back after selfdestruction"?
A: Magic

Q: How does King Yama deal with villains like Frieza, Cell, Buu if he "had a hard time" with Raditz?
A: Who knows

Q: How did the Ginyu Force get to King Kais planet?
A: They got a free get out of jail free card from Kami.

Q: Why can some animals talk while others can not?
A: Shhhh...

Q: Who granted Goku's wish for Kid Buu to come back as a good guy?
A: Shhhhhh....

Q: What happened to Frieza's "five minute countdown"?
A: Frieza lost count due to the beating.

Q: Why can Goku's father breath in space but Goku can't?
A: Atmospheric.. errr uhm.. stop talking -.-

So as you can see, if you dislike GT because of it's "plotholes" then you must think Dragonball Z is complete s***.

@Silrian, I'm just making a point. The plotholes in GT can be filled easily, and they aren't nearly as big as the plotholes in DBZ. So if you dislike GT for what you consider to be plotholes, then the same must be said(to an even greater extent) for DBZ.
Funny how most of what you mentioned is filler and isn't important towards the story, like the ginyu force going to king kai's planet. Also the ones that are, can be anwsered with your supposed common sense. Vegeta's body? Yema. Either way I don't exactly know what is filler or not, so I can't exactly answer all of those.

I never watched GT. The concept doesn't interest me, but I do like the SSJ4 forms for Goku and Vegeta!

@Agalopez, funny how you only had one answer to all of those... A plothole, the writer tells us something is not possible, but when it's convenient for the story, it becomes possible. That's a plothole, no matter how you explain it. MOST developments in DBZ were plotholes, a rule that broke the preestablished laws of the DBZ multiverse. By all of your standards DBZ is complete ****, because it has so many plotholes. I'm just saying... There's a lack of reasoning skills going on here...

You guys: "GT sucks because of the plot holes! But DBZ is better than GT even though it has more plotholes!"
You all are lacking even the most basic of reasoning skills.

I'm serious. If it's not missing paint or doesn't have marks on the faces and hair, a problem I have with my current one, the paint apps are sharp everywhere else on the figure, and it's not broken. I'll pay $250 directly through PayPal, provided you send an invoice.

PM coming your way.

Well now I feel stupid for selling mine last week for $165 lol

You shouldn't SurlyJ, that's still a high price and you can feel good about not completely ripping a desperate fan off.

Unless you lost on it, yeah than that sucks.:p

You shouldn't SurlyJ, that's still a high price and you can feel good about not completely ripping a desperate fan off.

Unless you lost on it, yeah than that sucks.:p

No I didn't lose on it at all and feel like i got a fair price. I paid $60 for mine last year, but a, confident there will be an sdcc recolor if not this year, then next. I'm also pretty content to just have saiyan saga vegeta. I also sold my ssj3 goku because I didn't really like having two goku's and never really liked the design of ss3.

Sold my vegeta to a fan here on the boards, and he was really happy to get it and felt like he got a good deal too, considering they are all 180-200 on ebay. The secondary market does seem to be drying up for ss vegeta though, and with it, prices going even higher. Crazy stuff. Tempted to sell my trunks too, because I like him, and really want a trunk in my collection, but @ $150-180 for him too, I may like money more. Typically I try and imagine if I would pay the price for a figure I own. If I wouldn't, generally I sell it, because that means the money is worth more to me than to the figure. But I think I'm gonna hang onto Trunks, though we'll get another version of him at some point too, I'm sure, and again, I only need one Trunks.

You obviously didn't read my comment... It's ok. Most plotholes in GT can be cleared with a little common sense and reasoning. Like I said, if you dislike Gt for it's plotholes then you must hate Dragonball z(plotholes galore).

Let's go over a list of DBZ plotholes since we love dem soo much ;P

Q:How did Vegeta get his body back after selfdestruction"?
A: Magic

Q: How does King Yama deal with villains like Frieza, Cell, Buu if he "had a hard time" with Raditz?
A: Who knows

A: They got a free get out of jail free card from Kami.

A: Shhhh...

A: Shhhhhh....

A: Frieza lost count due to the beating.

A: Atmospheric.. errr uhm.. stop talking -.-

So as you can see, if you dislike GT because of it's "plotholes" then you must think Dragonball Z is complete s***.

@Silrian, I'm just making a point. The plotholes in GT can be filled easily, and they aren't nearly as big as the plotholes in DBZ. So if you dislike GT for what you consider to be plotholes, then the same must be said(to an even greater extent) for DBZ.

Lmfao to all these cuz there true, but both gt and z have tons of plot holes, but who cares!? Thats why we now have team 4 star lmao :)

In any type of fiction, any and all plotholes can be explained away just by saying "A wizard did it." : )

The problem here is that most of what you're pointing out is filler. The only thing you've said that might be a plot hole is vegeta's body, but I don't remember much. I have nothing against GT, I like it but it could've been soooooo much better. Great ideas/plots but wasn't executed as good.

Wow this GT argument is kind of awful. Didn't we have this issue already, and it got really out of hand? Well that and other things. Atamsk, how is me disliking the handling of characters I like subjective? How is it not valid? I honestly feel you missed some of my points, and just focused on plot holes (most of which in DBZ's case can be reasoned out, despite you claiming all of us who dislike GT have poor reasoning skills. King Yemma gave Vegeta's body back and this was shown, and he granted Goku's wish, all shown in the anime for instance. Agalopez is right on the filler point) and only a few points that you could refute, yet you got mad at Agalopez for only answering one point. I even acknowledged some things I genuinely liked about GT, which you ignored and were all "everyone hates GT", which I never even said I do. Deano a few pages back has a point on how you're acting but w/e, I'm done with the GT topic.

People who own SDCC Goku, think I should drop the ball and buy him sometime? Cause he won't be re-issued probably and with Manga Piccolo and maybe Gohan being re-issued, Manga Goku would stick out a tad since I have SDCC Piccolo and Gohan.

Also TeamFourStar makes everything better. Isn't Tamashii actually aware of TFS or something? I swear I saw them make a reference on facebook with Nappa, which actually makes me think we may still have a shot of getting him.

You couldn't come up with better ones than these?
Let's put the real answers here:

Q: How did Vegeta get his body back after selfdestruction"?
A: Heroes are allowed to keep their bodies (this was explained when Goku died fighting Raditz) Vegeta sacrificed himself the same way Goku did.

A: Was it ever said that Yama didn't have trouble Frieza, Cell, Buu? That is a major assumption. Also he could NOT handle them, Goku and Pikkon had to be sent to handle them because they started a riot in hell. As for Buu, he started soul killing people the second he showed up, King Yama was helpless, Buu beat the crap out of dead Krillin, do you not remember that?

A: King Kai invited them specifically to help them train, the Kai's out rank Yama.

A: This doesn't exist in GT? If not, then you got 1 point.

A: The eternal dragon, from Dende's dragon balls.

A: Read the manga, power ups don't last for 3 hours. As for the Anime Frieza complained about not putting enough power in his bomb

A: Saiyans can breath thin air, Bardock was not in space he was in the stratosphere of planet Vegeta, Goku can also breath in the stratosphere, as was illustrated in "Worlds Strongest" battle with Dr. Weelo

So as you can see, most your plot holes are imagined, and exist only because you want them too. This was more of a list of things that a A.D.D person would come up with because they keep missing important details explained by the fiction (and not "fan-filled" plot holes).

I don't know if you knew this Philoshopher, but they're supposedly people that are drawn to look like animals, but aren't animals. In the manga question and answers someone asks if Pwar is a cat or dog, and Toriyama says neither, he draws him like a cat, but he's just another person. Even if it wasn't the case, it's fantasy land. From the start in Dragon Ball animals talked and some didn't. Maybe they were mean, and their moms warned them, "If you don't say anything nice to say, don't say anything." Maybe because I watched Arthur the aardvark with his pet dog Pal and Francine Frensky who I think was a monkey had a pet cat, so that's why it didn't bug me. I never would have seen that as a complaint. I think it's part of the charm!

This isn't for argument sake though, otherwise I'll delete my post because I don't want to be apart of this.

People who own SDCC Goku, think I should drop the ball and buy him sometime? Cause he won't be re-issued probably and with Manga Piccolo and maybe Gohan being re-issued, Manga Goku would stick out a tad since I have SDCC Piccolo and Gohan.

Also TeamFourStar makes everything better. Isn't Tamashii actually aware of TFS or something? I swear I saw them make a reference on facebook with Nappa, which actually makes me think we may still have a shot of getting him.

I have a SDCC Goku on the way. I'll let you know my opinion if you haven't already made your mind up by then. But yeah, I went ahead and got him b/c there isn't going to be a reissue, and I like the shading on it.

Well now I feel stupid for selling mine last week for $165 lol

lol... It's all good. Kudos to you for helping a fellow collector out though! Hopefully, at least 1 of the 2 people that have told me they might be willing to sell theirs has one that doesn't have bad paint apps. The reason I'm paying as much as I am is because I'm pretty OCD when it comes to the factory paint on my figures and I don't want to have to buy and sell until I find one I'm happy with, and REALLY want the SSJ Vegeta, even if they do a repaint for SDCC.

So, whoever shows me good close-up pics of one that has good paint apps and includes the packaging and all the accessories gets $250. The offer stands to whoever meets the criteria first.

That was pretty valuable though Bane :) , I didn't know that Toriyama said that.

Now that you mention it, wasn't Oolong's pig appearance because he was cursed? Was this explained in DB, or one of the DB movies? (I haven't recently seen DB for quite some time, so if anyone knows please feel free to post because I'm curious now :lol )

I'm not too fond of SDCC Goku's candy-corn-esque color scheme. Otherwise, in my own mind, I guess that's the closest we'll get to a "Super Saiyan 2 Goku" version for now.

Atamsk, how is me disliking the handling of characters I like subjective? How is it not valid?
Subjective: Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Bandwagoners make no sense. I get it. Let us move on. GT sucks, I get it. GT XP patuey! Gross XP NEXT.

Subjective: Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Bandwagoners make no sense. I get it. Let us move on. GT sucks, I get it. GT XP patuey! Gross XP NEXT.

Soooooo, basically everything that everyone has said besides Big Deano, Philosopher, and Bane? lol

Would you please stop calling anyone who disputes your ideas bandwagoners please? It comes across as quite childish. We fill in every "plothole" you come up with, and its apparently opinion, yet your explanations ha e to be counted as fact? Doesnt work like that, sorry. Can we move on now? You like GT, we get it, none of us said we didnt, yet we have an irrational hatred for pointing out flaws. Id look at yourself for the same hatred towards dbz tbh.

Onto SDCC Goku; I would recommend him. He has the right colour scheme for when he was depicted, and even if it isnt the best colouring of Goku, its much better than his manga figure. If you can grab him I say do it, hes my favourite figure tbh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back