S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed that you're cole from "cole customs" I came accross your TMNT customs randomly and thought "Epic sauce" I showed them to my brother, who especially liked them, great work man. Any chance you'll do some custom DBZ characters later for fun?

There's one at the event and on Facebook for SDCC. Also one of the members here,Pwnstar, has helped at some of the events and conducted a poll to send to Tamashii to show help our interests. Don't worry, come around SDCC, we won't shut up about it, so you certainly won't miss your chance to vote!

I wish they took the Trunks approach by releasing Goku with the various Super Saiyan hairstyles as well as normal hair. What are the chances of them making a SSj2 Goku figure?

I wish they took the Trunks approach by releasing Goku with the various Super Saiyan hairstyles as well as normal hair. What are the chances of them making a SSj2 Goku figure?
Next to zero :( especially since they keep reissuing SSj Goku.

Personally, I think a SSj2 Goku could benefit everyone if done right.

SSj2 Goku Benefits

> A balanced color scheme that marries SDCC with first release SSj Goku.
> serves as a vehicle to give us extra accessories for both SSj and SSj 3 Goku
> Smile face for SSj, looking to the side face for SSj, clenched teeth face for SSj, Forward yelling face for SSj 3 (maybe?)
> Effect pieces that could be use for any figuarts, like electricity, or a Kamehameha etc.
> extra hands that the normal Goku has, but SSj does not.
> interchangeable belt (swap out the sash for a belt, really a accessory for SSj)
> fusion dance pointing fingers
> uhhh....a halo?

For these reasons I think it would be great to get a SSj2 Goku, and it only works because of the uniqueness of this case (the original SSj Goku being so light on accessories)

I'd love to see SS2 Goku. I think we really need an in between when it comes to ss goku. The current one is more of the Frieza saga style, which radically changed during the cell saga. It would make a great exclusive. I was hoping normal goku would come with an ss head seeing as though this is the 4th time the goku body sculpt was reused...

ssj2 goku is nice but for a distant display point of view, its hard to point out the difference. The SDCC orange color gi is best for it.

I was hoping normal goku would come with an ss head seeing as though this is the 4th time the goku body sculpt was reused...
And it wont be the last hopefully.

We still have Vegeto/SSj Vegeto, and then Gogeta (which would only reuse the arms, and upper legs)
Gohan in the blue gi (from the buu saga)

The SDCC orange color gi is best for it.
It's a good orange, but it's not applicable to SSj2 Goku, in the anime the more powerful the form, the lighter the gi becomes (it's like the dye gets sucked out when they go SSj)

Goku = dark orange/almost red
Goku.jpg

SSj = light orange/yellow highlights
353px-Goku_Super_Saiyan_Aura.png

SSj2 = very light orange/almost yellow
20120613205622%21Goku_ssj2.jpg

SSj3 = yellow, it's just a yellow gi now
415854-bigthumbnail.jpg

My perfect normal Goku release would have been of the Saiyan Saga version to go with my normal Vegeta and such, with a Power Pole, Kamehameha charging part (like they have now), and maybe even a Nimbus! Although I would value a Tamashii stand included in the box over a Nimbus. (i'm still gonna buy the one they are releasing though...)
It also occurred to me that if i come into a large sum of money i would totally pick up a bootleg Vegeta and second normal Goku and make a Bardock custom. It would be a steep learning curve though...

I dont know if anyone owned the dragonbox goku. His face is really good sample for a saiyan saga goku.

goku.jpg

Elot

And it wont be the last hopefully.

We still have Vegeto/SSj Vegeto, and then Gogeta (which would only reuse the arms, and upper legs)
Gohan in the blue gi (from the buu saga)

Vegeto, Gogeta, adult Gohan need their own sculpts. Goku's sculpt should have been updated.. The knee joints on Goku are terrible, and the torso is shaped a bit strange. The knee joints on Trunks and Krillin probably wouldn't work on a figure as large as goku, but there are alternatives. You're basically asking for another goku with a vegeto,gogeta,gohan head on it... that's just an all around terrible idea :slap

While I said that Gokus sculpt was a bit dated, the knees arent a bad point to me; they make the trousers look flush until you really bend the knee back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Vegeto, Gogeta, adult Gohan need their own sculpts. Goku's sculpt should have been updated.. The knee joints on Goku are terrible, and the torso is shaped a bit strange. The knee joints on Trunks and Krillin probably wouldn't work on a figure as large as goku, but there are alternatives. You're basically asking for another goku with a vegeto,gogeta,gohan head on it... that's just an all around terrible idea :slap
Trunks and Krillin have those horrible western style knee joints that wreck the sculpt by putting unnecessary slices in the front, and a peculiar flattening of the profile.

Goku, Gohan and Piccolo have the best sculpted pants I've seen on a figure. Changing the sculpt of the pants would serve no purpose as it's already the perfect blend of uninhibited range of motion and non-destructive cuts.

If you can get over 120 degrees through 2 hinges with only 1 slice (that's hidden under a fold)
...then that is far superior to 110 degrees through 2 hinges with 2 slices (that dodges the folds, just for the sake of being visible)

Vegeto has Goku's gi, it would be illogical for his gi to be different on the figure as this would be inaccurate.
Gogeta has much baggier pants than Goku, so I only suggested borrowing his arms and his upper legs. Everything else would be new.

Gohan would be the only one who could get away with different legs, but they must be the same construction method used to create Piccolo and Goku's pants, anything less would undermine the sculpt and the articulation.

Knee joints are hard to design to look flush with the folds on baggy pants, but somehow Tamasii did it when they made Piccolo, but then abandoned their perfect method when they made Trunks. :/

Tamasii's unique non-destructive joint designs is what separates a Figuarts, from a common toy.
My proposal earlier was a hope that they would put that same quality back into the line when making new characters.

Hey Philosopher, last time I checked what Dragon Box figures they had they were that Goku, a SSJ battle damaged Goku, and a Piccolo. I've found them on eBay before

I love the head sculpt on that Dragon Box figure! It captures the youthful Goku, which I would want if they made a Saiyan arc Goku! That's Japan exclusive, right? Those boxes are amazing, and the GT one looks awesome! I got a few of the American boxes, which aren't as cool, but they still look great!

Back