S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well krec9 of all people I think your picks stand the most chance of getting here anyway.:lol Maybe buu a little less than other ssj's.

Man I'd love to see all those many protos they apparantly already have. We're probably not gonna see anything new till well into 2014.:(

Last edited:
Well krec9 of all people I think your picks stand the most chance of getting here anyway.:lol Maybe buu a little less than other ssj's.

Man I'd love to see all thioe many protos thy apparantly already have. We're probably not gonna see anything new till well into 2014.:(

Yea people thought I was crazy saying why would they go thru all the trouble doing Nappa proto it's to get people talking and no one cared .really would like 17 and 18 but who knows now.

We're not being negative, we're being realistic. No offense, but I think someone us are just more educated about how toy and collectible companies work than others. Despite what it might seem like, most companies operate fairly similarly. Mattel and Bandai don't do things the same, but they surely gather and process data similarly and make decisions based on that data. We're talking about a toy line that most likely sells hundreds of thousands of product annually, probably millions. One hundred people will not change that much. Now if Bandai sees this as something like a focus group, then it will have some sort of effect, but that effect is to be counted among the other market research they do. It's only a small portion of information that they use to make a decision. We should do things like this, but we should not assume that just because someone is paying attention to what we say that it will have some resounding effect. Much like Hasbro or Mattel's fan votes, the biggest effect it would likely have is to slightly rearrange the release schedule for a set of predetermined figures that are already in the planning stages of production.

Yea people thought I was crazy saying why would they go thru all the trouble doing Nappa proto it's to get people talking and no one cared .really would like 17 and 18 but who knows now.

I want 17,18 those would be awesome figures

You know, I just had this kindof 'zoomed out realisation', and, to be honest, looking at the poll but also at reaction from across many places 17, 18, majin vegeta, a buu and an adultgohan should just be their next five releases and be done with it. Like there's no getting around the latter three, ever, at all, theyre humongous favorites and anyone who doesn't think that is pretty much blind imo (i mean look at the poll ffs) and theres equally no sense in teasing 17 and 18 like this and then not release them. It'd just piss people off and cause bad PR, because weve been seeing them for a year now and they just close off the android period perfectly.

So whatever the poll might end up giving us, I really don't feel much different about this and Ive lost any idea of what you might bring up against this. Tamashii wants sellers, well here boom *throws former five on the table* Just get these five out of the way already and after that the situation will become a lot more interesting, because we'll then have had all the lead characters from all periods. Right now ive lost any sense of use in discussing this if I'm really honest. No other characters imo even approach the validation of these five releases as it stands. The playing field just isn't even remotely level imo.

So yeah, sorry to be blunt all of a sudden, but I just realised whats the point in discussing it if two extremely logical releases and three icons of an entire period keep overshadowing it? It seems beyond reproach to me almost. It suddenly just seems so straightforward to me now.:lol

Last edited:
Well, for Adult Gohan they should probably go with his orange and blue gi. That's basically his final and defining outfit in DBZ as it's what he wore at the end of Buu Saga and in the Battle of Gods. Plus in Battle of Gods he went SSJ, or at least was shown as SSJ in some of the marketing, so it's a good way to get the SSJ option parts in there for him. So it saves Tamashii from having to make two versions of Adult Gohan. Gohan is also pretty close in height to Goku so it really wouldn't be a big deal to reuse the Goku body for him.

^ my thoughts exactly. Also, my bad Kid Gohan preandroid period is a lead character we wouldn't have yet then. But otherwise I really can't see anyone else. Seriously, apart from kid gohan, goku, piccolo, vegeta, frieza and krillin define everything pre-android. They are the main fighters. From the android period we only miss the first main antagonist (twins in this case of which one becomes a z fighter if you will). From the buu period we miss majin vegeta, adult gohan and buu himself (we have ssj3 goku).

Five (six if you count kid gohan) characters remain and then all era-defining characters will be here. Boom. That's it. This shouldn't be a matter of if, but when. Might as well just do it right now and get it over with.:/ After that we can start bickoring again about which saga should get lower tier characters and so on.

Unless somone wants to advocate the hasbro star wars black series approach where they purposefully put off fan favorites as a market strategy?

^Forgot about Goten & Trunks and Gotenks. I'd consider them main characters for the buu era, although I probably would pass on them if they were released.

18, Kid Buu, and Majin Vegeta (with a non-majin alternate face) are must buys for me. Anything after that is icing on the cake.

Yeah I thought about Gotenks but is he really an absolute star main char of the buu period? A la goku, gohan vegeta and buu? Imo he isn't... He doesn't define the period for me as the other four do.

This whole thing just feels like a checklist tamashii might as well just tick off. Theyve done a goob job doing so thusfar.

EDIT Kid Buu has 11 votes now and Majin Vegeta 8 with I think 32 voters. SMASHES any other entry apart from, somewhat, A Gohan's 5 votes (4 mystic/1 saiyaman) and 18 (4 votes). Rounding the top five is Broli with 3 votes tied with armoured trunks. Everything else has 2 or less votes!

Why on earth are we even debating this?:lol They already have 17 and 18 in versions pretty much everyone's fine with. I can't imagine by a far cry how anyone else except Kid Buu or Majin Vegeta will win Pwn's poll. Does anyone seriously doubt this? Feels ridiculous trying to get Tamashii to do anything else first. We got Trunks by popular vote and Cell, both completely logical, massive fan favorites. After them the fan favorites clearly are K.B. and M.V. And they might as well just chuck an Ultimate Gohan in afterwards since all you need is a headswap and different accessories like Sci said.

Last edited:
Well, for Adult Gohan they should probably go with his orange and blue gi. That's basically his final and defining outfit in DBZ as it's what he wore at the end of Buu Saga and in the Battle of Gods. Plus in Battle of Gods he went SSJ, or at least was shown as SSJ in some of the marketing, so it's a good way to get the SSJ option parts in there for him. So it saves Tamashii from having to make two versions of Adult Gohan. Gohan is also pretty close in height to Goku so it really wouldn't be a big deal to reuse the Goku body for him.

Yep! That's what I said a few pages back. It was my rational for voting for Mystic Gohan. It was tough choosing which Buu Saga Gohan I wanted. Although, I wanted him either way, I'm crossing my fingers we get an SSJ head because of Battle of Gods or even GT. Then I'll use them on the Great Saiyaman if we ever get him.

I still call him Teen Gohan, so it's a bummer every time I have to write Adult Gohan, but when Goku is 16 in Dragon Ball, yet he's still referred to as Kid Goku, and only considered a teen when he's 19. At least Kyle Herbert, Gohan's voice actor,calls him Teen Gohan. Same with Gohan in the Cell Saga. He's 10 or 11, so I still consider him a kid, but he's referred to as Teen Gohan.

When you guys are saying Mystic Gohan, you're referring to the orange and blue Gi version? I assumed you were referring to the version from his Kai training. I've always considering the prior version Ultimate, though heck.. I probably saw it as Mystic at some point. There are so many terms for things because of all of the different versions and fan names and so on.

Yeah, I guess he is still technically a teen, but for all intents and purposes I pretty much see him as Adult Gohan. I think early on in the Buu Saga he had a more teen like appearance, but as the season progressed and he gains more training he takes on a very adult like appearance. That's probably why I refer to him that way, and he never really sounded like a teen either imo in the English dub at that point.

Yes! I had to learn it to! I assumed that as well, when I was learning all the characters this year. I thought Mystic meant Grand Kai training, and Ultimate meant the orange and blue Gi version, but I was looking on a bunch of different forums, and they referred to him as Mystic. That's why I first wrote Adult Gohan and you can see my edit on the new poll, because I wasn't sure what Tamashii called him on the poll. I didn't know what page it was posted on here, so I had to search Google for a long time, and finally found a site where someone posted the poll. It said Mystic/Ultimate. So I changed it to Mystic. Whenever someone posted their favorite character as Mystic Gohan they used the Orange Gi version, so I hope that's it. If you youtube it, Ultimate Gohan gets way more views than Mystic, even if it's the same look.

That's the same problem I had with the age, because I see other people saying different things. I'll go with anything, but I just wish I knew the official term! I get what you're saying. It's the appearance. I'm assuming Goku physically aged slower than Gohan.

Mystic. Hmm, I will go with that from now on. I like it anyway. :)

Same here. I think with DBZ there is a lot more fan terms than official ones. Yeah, full blooded Saiyans age slower, so I'm sure Gohan ages slower than a full blooded human, but not as slow as a full blooded Saiyan. That's a mouthful. lol.

That's why I started using SSJ. Most people were using it, so thought that's what I should do. It didn't make sense to me because in the subtitles, it says Super Saiyan, not Super Saiya-jin. And they weren't consistently using other Japanese terms, so I was confused. It looks cooler, so I don't mind.

Back