S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright so after paying $150 for that convention exclusive Kaioken Goku, I'm pretty peeved about the upcoming release. Question is, do you guys think it's worth getting the new one? It's only $35, and it's a superior sculpt, but I doubt I'd ever display him while I have the previous version.

Honestly, I think it looks fairly bad. I don't know what it really is, but something about it just REALLY doesn't work

Paying more than 80? a figure...HA! And that is why you NEVER EVER pay scalpers price. I could have gotten that figure for its intended price but decided to not buy it because the figure was too
?*situational*?

I don?t think the figure is THAT wrong. But I wouldn?t have paired it with Ginyu...

DF working on SDBH Vegetto Blue now. This will probably be the first I get from them. I don't see Tamashii ever making this version.

82421406_776757396135961_3248762375645429760_n.jpg

@figurefury

Very nice, but I can totally see Tamashii releasing those variants down the line when the new DBS chapters come in animated form, it's such a simple re-release of existing figures that they'll never skip that.

hey quick question for you guys. i’m just starting to get into DBZ because i bought the ****rot game and i’m loving it. it basically retells the whole story which for me is great because i found it hard to sit down and watch the entire series

i’m here so i’m obviously an action figure collector and now i def need a goku

i’m assuming figuarts is the way to go and based on what’s available what’s the best Goku i can get? i’d like to get something that is in the game and from what i understand he only reaches as high super saiyan 3 in the game

any recommendations?

A good site to give you an overview can be found here:

https://news.toyark.com/s-h-figuarts-dragonball-z-reference-guide

They're pretty up to date, I think they're only missing the upcoming Kaioken Goku and Ginyu.

As for the best Goku, my personal choice is the Awakening Goku which comes with a SS and regular head. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, it was the first figure to have the upgraded articulation. I haven't played the game, but it's the version from the Frieza fight when he first goes SS. Hope that helps.

this looks like what i’m going to try to get.

the only thing is that the review says it doesn’t come with the regular head. is there a different version you are referring to?

how much should i be looking to pay a fair price for this and any recommendations aside from ebay?

thanks for the reply

Sorry, my mistake. The version with an extra head is the Super Saiyan God Goku from Resurrection F. I put it straight on the Awakening Goku when I got it, which I think is what got me confused.

This long after release Ebay is probably your best bet, ?50 isn't that much more than current releases. Be wary of any seller that is noticeably cheaper though, as there are a lot of bootlegs of varying quality. There are apparently groups on social media that enable you to get good deals, but TBH I don't know anything about that.

this looks like what i?m going to try to get.

the only thing is that the review says it doesn?t come with the regular head. is there a different version you are referring to?

how much should i be looking to pay a fair price for this and any recommendations aside from ebay?

thanks for the reply

I wouldn?t pay more than $50 and stay away from those China/Hong Kong seller, most likely fake. The way to tell that it is an authentic figuarts is the hologram cat sticker on the box. It can be gold or silver. If you?re not sure you can ask us on here and I?ll provide you with more feedbacks.

hey quick question for you guys. i?m just starting to get into DBZ because i bought the ****rot game and i?m loving it. it basically retells the whole story which for me is great because i found it hard to sit down and watch the entire series

i?m here so i?m obviously an action figure collector and now i def need a goku

i?m assuming figuarts is the way to go and based on what?s available what?s the best Goku i can get? i?d like to get something that is in the game and from what i understand he only reaches as high super saiyan 3 in the game

any recommendations?
If you only want one Goku then I'd say the two best ones are:

1) Saiyan Raised On Earth Goku because it's the most classic, well known look for the character, it's best figure to get if you want a 'standard' Goku.

2) Super Warrior Awakening Goku because it has the best sculpt, looks awesome and it's from one of the most iconic scenes in the entire series.

50B.jpg

hey quick question for you guys. i?m just starting to get into DBZ because i bought the ****rot game and i?m loving it. it basically retells the whole story which for me is great because i found it hard to sit down and watch the entire series

i?m here so i?m obviously an action figure collector and now i def need a goku

i?m assuming figuarts is the way to go and based on what?s available what?s the best Goku i can get? i?d like to get something that is in the game and from what i understand he only reaches as high super saiyan 3 in the game

any recommendations?

I?m actually downsizing my collection a bit, so if you are looking for anything specific just let me know. I have some stuff posted in the link below, but I?m still deciding what to sell and trying to decide on prices and what not.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thre...uarts-revoltech-marvel.1186295/#post-17589631

Also you should watch DBZ Abriged on youtube, that?s actually what brought me back to DBZ and got me started collecting lol.

Also you should watch DBZ Abriged on youtube, that?s actually what brought me back to DBZ and got me started collecting lol.

Nah, not if you haven't watched the original yet (BTW, are you watching Kai or the original?) As much as I love Abridged, it does make it hard taking the original seriously.

If you only want one Goku then I'd say the two best ones are:

1) Saiyan Raised On Earth Goku because it's the most classic, well known look for the character, it's best figure to get if you want a 'standard' Goku.

2) Super Warrior Awakening Goku because it has the best sculpt, looks awesome and it's from one of the most iconic scenes in the entire series.

View attachment 476404

so my first purchase so far was awakening from toy dojo should be here by the end of the week.

i thought i had a raised on earth today but barnes and noble sucks and everyone who said they had it in stock, did not. was really fed up with barnes and noble, they showed SSGSS available in every location yet not one actually had one. the in store employee computer even showed stock but none could be found.

i did however stop in a gamestop on the way home and i was able to pick up a SSGSS blue goku, which I'm pretty sure is the only figures in all 6 GameStops around me.

Thanks Runnen, but that's the Figuarts Zero line not the EX ? the last one was Super Saiyan Vegeta back in 2016 I believe, I hope they continue with the line.

I think Figuarts Zero EX is dead. I think Tamashii is just doing so much that to focus on a static figurine line for them is too much...especially since they've expanded their licenses into Marvel, Star Wars and more over the past few years.

Bandai also owns Banpresto...they put out TONS of Dragon Ball statues and figurines with some fantastic sculpts and paint. I recommend looking into them if you want a Figuarts Zero EX-ish line to collect.

Back