S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but honestly, it doesn't really matter...the SDCC Exclusives commonly sell out regardless. The "Exclusivity" piece plays big into that. While I don't disagree that people want to see the new molds and aren't so happy with some of the old ones, it's not going to matter much because the SDCC Exclusives will sell.

What figure are you talking about that used "the old mold" and was universally panned? Are you talking about Kaioken Goku?

Ultimate Gohan where the single new piece of the figure looked terrible.

For any of you guys who buy from amiami with paypal would i have to change my currency to yen before i order or can i leave it usd and they automatically convert it?
It'll convert on its own so you're good

I've always loved the SSJ3 form of Goku. Whenever I saw it in the past, I knew it was game over for the bad guys. I remember playing that old Dragonball Z Legends on the PS1 and I always picked SSJ3 Goku just so I could fire off a giant kamehameha :D I'm very excited for Figuarts SSJ3 Goku!

I always wanted to play DBZ Legends for years now. But after watching several videos it looks like the gameplay gets hella repetitive after a little while

I always wanted to play DBZ Legends for years now. But after watching several videos it looks like the gameplay gets hella repetitive after a little while

I played a friend's copy in high school a lot when he would bring his modded PS1 over. It's a fun game and probably the only DBZ game that captured the speed of the Anime fights, however archaic and minimalist it was. I do own a copy of that, Final Bout and Ultimate Battle 22.

Screenshot_20170817-122423.jpg
Goku's new form

I kinda like it. It's a minimalist transformation. I guess it's more of a limit break like Ultimate Gohan. Only the eyes are different.

I hope this is Super's getting back on track that transformations are overrated and worthless. SSG showed that since it wasn't even technically a transformation since it was time based and it didn't have the characteristics of SS at all.

I was just going to post that. :lol

I like this form a lot. As Snake mentioned, it's minimal. The hair design is almost in between normal and Super Saiyan. I'm glad he appears normal build rather than thinner like the Super Saiyan God form.

Also, really glad to see his gi will be torn apart like that. Hasn't happened in a long time. ****'s about to go down!

I was just going to post that. :lol

I like this form a lot. As Snake mentioned, it's minimal. The hair design is almost in between normal and Super Saiyan. I'm glad he appears normal build rather than thinner like the Super Saiyan God form.

Also, really glad to see his gi will be torn apart like that. Hasn't happened in a long time. ****'s about to go down!

He hasn't been shirtless in a fight since Frieza... damn it's like 20 years now :lol

I just cant wait to see vegetas expression to this new form.

Vegeta will get it too, and for awhile will be stronger than Goku. It happened in Super briefly already.

So call it Ultimate Goku?

I guess that works until it gets an official title. Anything is better than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

I just realized the Tournament intro for this arc showed Goku surrounded by the red aura and this shows it to be blue. I guess this might be SSB's perfect ki control without the power drain, or at least pushing far beyond it's power threshold.

I really hope it's not a transformation and more like Kaioken that he taps into.

Maybe it's Super Saiyan Black? :lol Super Saiyan Blue kinda worked so...

The best part about this design in regards to S.H.Figuarts is that Tamashii Nations will be able to use the torso for this transformation, his Super Saiyan transformation in his fight against 100% Final Form Frieza, and the Kaio-ken technique against Scouter Vegeta.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what the teaser meant unless they used it as a place holder until they can reveal the actual transformation...

9806132a4b4acef67245b15905fc37e63822ff82_hq.jpg

He hasn't been shirtless in a fight since Frieza... damn it's like 20 years now :lol

Wow, that really has been a long time.

Honestly I'm already bored with this transformation. Can't wait for the next one--Super Saiyan X

I guess the pic posted IS the look, but he may have a different aura. The initial teaser was kinda orange yellowish. Far from blue.

Honestly I'm already bored with this transformation. Can't wait for the next one--Super Saiyan X

I will admit that this warrior race's powerups is strictly hair color changes has gotten very dull. At least with the original SS forms, the hair length changed and was consistent with the color.

Now it's turned into a box of crayons with SSG, SSB and of course Rose. Hopefully this steers the ship back into minimalism.

I will admit that this warrior race's powerups is strictly hair color changes has gotten very dull. At least with the original SS forms, the hair length changed and was consistent with the color.

Now it's turned into a box of crayons with SSG, SSB and of course Rose. Hopefully this steers the ship back into minimalism.

lol yeah. It's just redundant at this point. And the fact that we already KNEW it was coming, thus removing any shock value. Now it's just "if you've seen one SS transformation then you've seen them all" trick

What would kind of make this different, though, is the way they approach it. Instead of "i must ascend beyond my limit which is SSBlue," just have Goku "power down" from the SSBlue hair color back to his normal state, but the God Ki not leave his body, thus giving the impression of a "new form," but it's not. Just Goku retaining the God Ki in his normal state without having to "transform" to attain it, if that makes sense. Or like I suggested once before, have Goku learn to "fuse" Kaioken into his SSBlue form so he's always at max power

Goku has technically already done this in the Super manga. In the Fused Zamasu arc, Goku learns to keep his ki from leaking out of his body; in other words, the ki aura dissipates, but he doesn't lose stamina, like Snake already said

How does one go about becoming an actual god? Is it a title that is given? If Goku and Vegeta can obtain godly ki, does that make them gods or does it only classify them as beings who can tap into the powers of a god? Also, there has been mention of Gods of Creation, right?

I think it was stated in one of the Daizenshuus that the various Kais from every universe are "grown" from sacred trees from the Sacred World of the Kais planet. But what's ironic about that is they all still expire, they can be killed, so they're only "gods" in name only. I think you're right Angelo, mortals such as Vegeta or Goku can only tap into "god" ki, but since Goku's obviously a prodigy, he's prolly the first to truly master it. HOWEVER there was that thing that Whis said, how there's a mortal in one of the universes that's so strong that not even the God of Destruction can defeat him. Thus making him more powerful than Goku (who I personally believe is either Jiren, or a character that belongs to one of the 3 universes that are exempt from this tournament)

But the truth is, the only true GOD is Zeno(s). Supreme Kai said it best, he's the "God among all other gods"

So are the Supreme Kais the only Kais that can (or are allowed to) obtain godly ki? Or are they all naturally born with godly ki? The former would explain why only the Supreme Kais and the Gods of Destruction are connected since both would be chosen mortals who were taught to obtain and access godly ki. Similar to Goku and Vegeta but they weren't chosen.

Back